• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI Is The Fastest Selling PlayStation 5 Exclusive Ever & The 6th Fastest Selling PlayStation Exclusive

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Final Fantasy XVI Is The Fastest Selling PlayStation 5 Exclusive Ever & The 6th Fastest Selling PlayStation Exclusive!

Fastest Selling PlayStation Exclusives:

• 1st: God Of War Ragnarok: 5.1+ Million (11+ Million)
• 2nd: The Last Of Us Part II: 4+ Million (10+ Million)
• 3rd: Final Fantasy VII Remake: 3.5+ Million (5+ Million Shipped)
• 4th: Spider-Man: 3.3+ Million (20+ Million)
• 5th: God Of War: 3.1+ Million (23+ Million)
• 6th: Final Fantasy XVI: 3+ Million
• 7th: Ghost Of Tsushima: 2.4+ Million (9.73+ Million)

FztNnbhX0AU4Vpk

nial

Gold Member

They published MLB 21, GOT Director's Cut and Legends for PS4 in 2021, so that's something. The pic has a lot of niche games missing tho, stuff like No Heroes Allowed VR and Déraciné come first to mind. Also, the Nioh games shouldn't be there.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Imagine sales when it hits PC. (And inevitably other platforms m once the exclusivity deal goes away)

I'm loving the game. The OST alone is GOAT.

Well done on the sales SE considering they were apparently scared at pre-order numbers
Yeah imagine…
Sales on pc lol
“Oh mom but the game is 70$$$$!!!!”
“I will wait until it goes on sale for 3$”

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news

Final Fantasy XVI Is The Fastest Selling PlayStation 5 Exclusive Ever & The 6th Fastest Selling PlayStation Exclusive!

Fastest Selling PlayStation Exclusives:

• 1st: God Of War Ragnarok: 5.1+ Million (11+ Million)
• 2nd: The Last Of Us Part II: 4+ Million (10+ Million)
• 3rd: Final Fantasy VII Remake: 3.5+ Million (5+ Million Shipped)
• 4th: Spider-Man: 3.3+ Million (20+ Million)
• 5th: God Of War: 3.1+ Million (23+ Million)
• 6th: Final Fantasy XVI: 3+ Million
• 7th: Ghost Of Tsushima: 2.4+ Million (9.73+ Million)

FztNnbhX0AU4Vpk

Good to hear for FF never beens a fan but maaaaaaaybe I'll get this one.

Put's TOTK's sales in perspectives 10 million in 3 days (games I made the OT for)

StueyDuck

Yeah everyone is really enjoying FF7 Remake on their xbox once the exclusivity deal ended over a year ago...
Have you only been gaming for a year?

Pc and Xbox gamers are playing yakuza/persona/kingdom hearts games

Shit we are even getting the OG MGS on switch soon.

All games (that aren't first party) eventually come to all platforms, especially with a pub like square Enix.

It's pointless arguing. That's console warrior list war shit.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Yeah imagine…
Sales on pc lol
“Oh mom but the game is 70$$$$!!!!”
“I will wait until it goes on sale for 3$”
Well the biggest issue will be most likely them hitting EGS first.

But if it goes on steam being so graphically intense it'll sell like hotcakes. Pc gamers will buy just to benchmark, most probably won't even play the game long

Last edited:

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
They have to keep the momentum going for the rest of the year if they want to join the big brands in PS Family. That said I hope with this success they have a base for the next entries and focus on the strengths without resetting all over again every single fucking element. Build up from here!

yurinka

Congrats, well deserved!

It's weird to don't see Horizon Forbidden West in the list: the first Horizon sold over 20M until now and Forbidden West had a better launch. In addition to this, GT7 also had the best launch in the series (one multiple games selling over 17M when wasn't that usual to get big discounts and quick price drops) so also I assume that like FW may had best launch numbers than one or two games of the list.

Maybe this is a fan made list with only publicly announced numbers?

Are PC warriors a thing??
Yes, and there are some in the forum

Well, at least this is a good joke xD

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Well, I can only comment on the quality of the game and I must say after about 7 hours, it's definitely a hit with me. And that's not something that I have been able to say since final fantasy 12 and subsequent to that final fantasy 10. Initially it was good but has grown on me as I've got a little bit more acquainted with the battle system and using the abilities I've unlocked. The story has ramped up and I'm definitely engaged in what is going on. There seems to be a little bit more purpose in this story versus 12. And I dig the whole concept of the game not necessarily needing to be open world as the areas are more than big enough and I like the tightness of them and you Traverse from area to area like a traditional level based game except the areas are pretty huge. You can tell this game is punching a little bit above its weight class in terms of graphics as well because when things get really hectic the system keeps up but there has to be some dips into the twenties during certain cutscenes which honestly are not that distracting considering there's so much going on the screen. Solid performer and I suppose it doesn't surprise me to see the sales but it does please me to see the good start.

Roufianos

Congrats, well deserved!

It's weird to don't see Horizon Forbidden West in the list: the first Horizon sold over 20M until now and Forbidden West had a better launch. In addition to this, GT7 also had the best launch in the series (one multiple games selling over 17M when wasn't that usual to get big discounts and quick price drops) so also I assume that like FW may had best launch numbers than one or two games of the list.

Maybe this is a fan made list with only publicly announced numbers?

Yes, and there are some in the forum

Well, at least this is a good joke xD
Horizon and GT7 are on PS4, so aren't counted as PS5 exclusive.

Robb

Gold Member
Doesn’t really say much when there are so few Ps5 exclusive games. Being the 6th fastest selling PlayStation exclusive overall is way more impressive.

Good on Square! Game looks great.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Can you see it jimbo, you don't need fucking gaas and 34 multyplayer projects, single player games still smash asses.
Unfortunately you can make billions just selling skins and shark cards for basically 0 development effort. Sure beats making millions after 5 years of development cycle all whilst pouring tons of resources into the project, only to repeat the process with all its risks again.

Top Bottom