• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total number of players for Hi-Fi Rush has exceeded 3 million

That's pretty good for a AA game with no physical release, no marketing and shadow dropped.
Three million players and a high metacritic score means this game will be getting a sequal.

As for people saying it's low, this isn't everyone's type of genre. I have GP and I haven't played it. It's not my type of thing. I haven't played Grounded, or Sea of Thieves either.
Why can't people be happy that three million people are playing a very good game? Silly question?

TransTrender

Gold Member
This number really means nothing in this GamePass world.

Redfall had "millions" of players
FZvxLNR.png

Unless MS releases some other, more tangible, metric for success then everyone should really ignore these performative victory laps.

Last edited:
This number really means nothing in this GamePass world.

Redfall had "millions" of players
FZvxLNR.png

Unless MS releases some other, more tangible, metric for success then everyone should really ignore these performative victory laps.
That's the metric.
How does Netflix judge the success of one of their series? It's how many people watch it. Same goes for Gamepass, it's how many people play it.

That's the metric.
How does Netflix judge the success of one of their series? It's how many people watch it. Same goes for Gamepass, it's how many people play it.
Not really ? Netflix tend to axes every series that loose more then 50% of its public along the way to its last episode, so its metric for " success" is a little more complex then " how many millions have tune in for 5 minutes" even if they can use that for PR

Top Bottom