• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Pleased With Hi-Fi Rush Success, Plans To Reinvest In Tango Gameworks

Buggy Loop

Drop horror genre for a while with that studio. Seems once they are unleashed they have a lot of potential.

It’s a niche genre with many studios getting on the brink of bankruptcy to make them anyway.

mrmustard

Banned
When your games are not 200m+ you don't have to sell 10m+ copies to call it a success. The game was not for me, but glad many people liked it.

Ozriel

M$FT
Can't see any 180.

Even aron cheeseburgers response after grubb said they where dissapointed with sales didn't really address that specific point.

If the response was really that they’re happy with all metrics, why would you imagine retail sales aren’t included in that?
Grubb also admitted on Twitter that he has no idea what MS expectations for HFR were.

Amazing how a journalist reports two diametrically opposed news on a subject and just keeps going. Does that ever happen in any other news media?

Isn't he the same guy who said sales were disappointing and immediately had to walk it back with some lame ass video explaining how we all just took it the wrong way?

It’s Grubb. When he gets something wrong, he tries to weasel away.
- Claimed Starfield was planned for a November 2021 launch. Then tried to spin it as “plans change” when Schreier called him out on it.

- Mistook Coalition’s UE5 GDC demo as a new game, and then pivoted to claiming the game was canceled when he realized he was wrong.

And now this shit about MS ‘putting lofty sales expectation’ on an AA game they shadow-dropped.

He does get quite a decent amount of stuff right, especially around planned showcases etc. but he needs to own up when his predictions don’t pan out.

Kilau

200.gif

That is just exactly what my message is saying.
So funny how people missed the obvious point in your first post. MS invests in MS. No surprise though since so many here are just headline readers.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
In this podcast he reiterated that it underperformed though. The sales didn’t make back the cost. All Grubb said is that MS is happy with Tango and they should be, the game is great and it not selling enough isn’t the fault of Tango. Greenberg’s old tweet said MS is happy with the success but of course didn’t specify it was a sales success.
What does that mean though when it was available on gamepass day 1. I would fully expect it to not make its budget back in sales, if it did it would be a monumental success.

Kilau

What does that mean though when it was available on gamepass day 1. I would fully expect it to not make its budget back in sales, if it did it would be a monumental success.
It means just that. Grubb “heard” its sales didn’t equal or surpass its budget. I’m sure there are many games available day one on game pass have been profitable.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Awesome. I've said it before but if there's a studio that will get me to buy a Series S/X, it'll be Tango. Bethesda is up there too but I'm much more interested in Tango.

Ghostwire: Tokyo 2 would be an immediate Series X purchase, no questions asked.

Ball is in your court MS. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The Evil Within 3 would be legendary.

I would also be interested in a continuation of the Ghostwire universe. Not sure what the ending is/if it warrants a sequel, but I would love to see more.
Maybe even a prequel where you play as KK.

Top Bottom