• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tragic moments in video games

bender

What time is it?
Bethesda acquiring the Fallout IP.

cry-tears.gif

Corian33

A kind of beautiful yet tragic moment in Outer Wilds:

When you realize the goal of the game isn’t to stop the world from ending, it’s to be at peace with it.

Shifty1897

My friend got goldeneye at launch for the n64 and this was the controller for all multi-player games
tzQ0UkK.jpeg
I had one of those that I made my friends use when they came over... If you're one of those friends, I'm sorry!
He sure can't take rejection well
To be fair,
If you abandoned everything you held dear and joined forces with the bad guy to throw the world into an endless cycle of violence and suffering in exchange for making you and your girlfriend immortal but then she dumps you and kills herself anyway, you'd probably be pissed off for a while too.

I had one of those that I made my friends use when they came over... If you're one of those friends, I'm sorry!

To be fair,
If you abandoned everything you held dear and joined forces with the bad guy to throw the world into an endless cycle of violence and suffering in exchange for making you and your girlfriend immortal but then she dumps you and kills herself anyway, you'd probably be pissed off for a while too.

I was just making a joke

But I love how crazy that story gets. It was something unexpected, been a long time since a twist surprised me lol

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
The cancellation of Prey 2.

Well, I understand that's not what you mean. One of the first things that made me shed a tear was a scene in Lunar or maybe it was Lunar 2 on Sega CD.

I think it's the first role-playing game where I got really attached to the characters and loved them.

It's still one of my favorite Japanese role-playing game series of all time.

GymWolf

He really deserved a better destiny, that game was bold af plot wise

images

images

That or nomura turning ff7 into a kingdom hearts spinoff.

Last edited:
I don't know if I consider anything that happened in games tragic. There were sad or melancholic chapters or whole games but truly tragic...?

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
e6ca09b7a886dc773037ed2d741bbd86f57ea11c.pnj

This one still breaks my heart, every time.
Klonoa’s VA did a masterful job putting so much heartbreak in that gibberish language.

Top Bottom