• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transwoman robs CIS women in cycling.

• Thread starter Deleted member 713885
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/transgender-canadian-woman-sets-off-204200340.html

6p6f88.jpg

A Canadian transgender athlete has become the first to ever win gold at the UCI Masters Track Cycling World Championship.

Dr. Rachel McKinnon, from Victoria, B.C., finished first in the women's 35-44 age bracket in Los Angeles on Sunday. McKinnon was born biologically male.

She tweeted: "First transgender woman world champion...ever*", with a photo of her on the podium flanked by second- and third-place finishers, Carolien Van Herrikhuyzen of the Netherlands and Jennifer Wagner of the U.S.

McKinnon's achievement was lauded by some on social media as even more spectacular because she is forced to suppress her testosterone levels to what she deems "unhealthily low" levels as a pre-requisite for competing.

Others on social media accused the athlete of cheating, claiming her competing is unfair to cisgender women.

McKinnon, an assistant professor at the College of Charleston Department of Philosophy who studies transgender issues, posted a lecture she presented entitled, "Including Trans Women Athletes in Sport", in rebuttal to those citing the ethics and fairness of her being allowed to compete.

In an article in USA Today in January, McKinnon argued her competing is not a question of athletic advantage, but one of human rights.

"We cannot have a woman legally recognized as a trans woman in society, and not be recognized that way in sports," McKinnon was quoted as saying. "Focusing on performance advantage is largely irrelevant because this is a rights issue. We shouldn't be worried about trans people taking over the Olympics. We should be worried about their fairness and human rights instead."

She also runs a Youtube Channel where she posts videos and lectures relating to transgender studies.

Haha, seems fair!

Also, dont be fooled. Anonymous sources in the cycling community who are afraid to go on the record due to fear of being labeled 'transphobes' have stated she is a safety threat for other women on the track.
She is using brute strength used in male competition that other female riders cant arent used to and they fear for their safety with her on the track.

Shes also the Trans Activist that encouraged gender confused children to run away from home and join the "Trans Glitter Family"

https://4thwavenow.com/2017/05/14/m...litter-queer-family-of-adult-trans-activists/

Last edited by a moderator:

tkscz

Focusing on performance advantage is largely irrelevant

Sports are literally about performance. If you have an advantage that the other competitors can never have without some sort of enhancement, then that is considered cheating to some. I never understood why they believe their mental state will effect the way their body works as well. Even with the extra estrogen and lessened testosterone, she would still have a muscle advantage over the other women, unless she also stopped doing weight based work outs. That muscle advantage is still present and that's why the focus is on performance advantage and not on your gender.

Dunki

Yup. Nature does not care about your pronouns.

I was reading the reeeeeesetera thread about this earlier today. And it's funny how, in their opinion, transpeople are above women in the opression olympics.
For me it is more scary that feelings should go over fairness And that you should transwomen instead of the sport. It is like people know they are wrong but can not admit it.

Last edited:
Yup. Nature does not care about your pronouns.

I was reading the reeeeeesetera thread about this earlier today. And it's funny how, in their opinion, transpeople are above women in the opression olympics.

The irony to me is that they hate white men and that is exactly who this seems to benefit most. Once they transition to women that is. Trans inclusion ends up being just another form of patriarchy.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Disgusting.. And no I'm not talking about transgenders (who I have absolutely nothing bad to say about), nor the op. I'm talking about extreme activism and extreme unfairness. How do you justify practically ending women's sport just like that..? Because apparently identity politics activism trumps everything including biological women (because fuck them, right?) and common sense morals.

The only tiny joy I get out of this is watching the left cannibalize themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom