• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tren - new media molecule game

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

Looks pretty cool and something I can play with my kid which is nice.

So this appears to be a “game” within dreams. Looks pretty neat anyway but my bad, I thought it was an actual new title.

Last edited:
I mean, it is a new Media Molecule game, you're not wrong. Dreams is a game development engine like any other.

Looks like fun and I already have Dreams, will check it out! My kids will love it too.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
That title... will go well with the internet
Sad In A Box GIF

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
This looks great!

I hope MediaMolecule publishes a curated list of recommended in-Dreams games on the PlayStation blog. It'll help us find little gems.

coffinbirth

Wait...so this is releasing August 1st, despite live service ending for Dreams on Sept. 1st???
Is this not the same game they were hyping up months ago whilst simultaneously announcing stepping away from Dreams?

What am I missing here? This is the Dreams swan song and they have ANOTHER game, or what?

Holammer

Four year old me would have shit bricks if I saw that. BRIO wooden trains on steroids.
Release Dreams on PC already, I wanna try that and Trip's Voyage.

Eotheod

Wait...so this is releasing August 1st, despite live service ending for Dreams on Sept. 1st???
Is this not the same game they were hyping up months ago whilst simultaneously announcing stepping away from Dreams?

What am I missing here? This is the Dreams swan song and they have ANOTHER game, or what?
Maybe it's provided like DLC?

CGNoire

They moved over the dreamerverse to another server and are stopping updates but the ability to download and share Dreams will still be there. Its just the updates that are stopping.

Well, everyone with PS+ Basic is getting Dreams, so there probably is all sorts of stuff to check out.

I have no interest in using it to make games, but I might mess around with games inside it like this.

coffinbirth

They moved over the dreamerverse to another server and are stopping updates but the ability to download and share Dreams will still be there. Its just the updates that are stopping.
Right, they are terminating live service and downgraded the servers, not shut down entirely...but the confusion is about whether or not MM's last comment on the subject prior to this announcement was referring to this or an entirely different game, which upon re-reading, sure seems like it is.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Looks great and im def gonna play it but this is again waaaaaay too late.

These sorts of games within a game should have been in an abundance and all over dreams at launch.

Not just a small taster campaign and tiny projects for seasons.

Then many many years later... another game

Last edited:

CGNoire

Right, they are terminating live service and downgraded the servers, not shut down entirely...but the confusion is about whether or not MM's last comment on the subject prior to this announcement was referring to this or an entirely different game, which upon re-reading, sure seems like it is.
Yes there last update is in sept and there moving on to a new game. I just want to make sure people dont write off Dreams still since there are so many creators whose projects are still progressing and too understand just cause the non invested have moved on there are still plenty of us who havent quit and are still working on the long term projects. The more impressive professional looking work in Dreams is still underconstruction and the further in time we go the more impressive the long term projects being released will be.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That is a charming and clean looking game. Don't know what it is about MM but their quality is always consistent without being bleeding edge.

I like the name too. Good to go with the spanish and it sounds different than just saying Train.

xrnzaaas

Bit of a weird move with how they're giving away the game in PS+ now. It's not a game you can learn in a week or two. I think Dreams should've been included in base PS+ much earlier to give it a boost and maybe have people talk about it and recommend it to others. And they should've ported it to PC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom