• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for August Announced

PGA Tour is the most soulless golf franchise ever. Dreams seems like an interesting community game demo machine that would get old in a week. I got bored pretty quickly in Death's Door but to be honest birds and isometric levels were never appealing to me. The household PS Plus membership ended about a month ago and outside of Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Shodown all I had was a downloaded backlog that I was never going to play. Thankfully, I was able to get that game at a steep discount recently and free up space on the harddrive. No real need to resubscribe from my perspective.

I kind of wish they would bring Driveclub back as I am pretty sure Sony owns it. I am still kicking myself for not grabbing it when I had the chance but harddrive space was limited. Don't really want the physical disc version, but might have to go that route when I run out of games to play.

Kings Field

Fire Garbage GIF

graywolf323

It blows my mind it continues to sell. It has none of the fun of the arcade style games that preceded it.

I worked somewhere briefly (part-timer for a small company (~12 employees?) that the CEO decided I wasn’t enough of a jack of all trades to keep around) where half the guys were ADDICTED to Golden Tee, they would go to lunch at a bar and play that game for well over an hour (somehow we had paid lunches)

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Seriously, why would you put Dreams on PSN earlier than now when its entire premise is that its for people to create stuff with?

People are either interested in doing this, or they aren't. And if they aren't I highly doubt it being given away as a freebie is going to change their minds!

Putting it out now when the product is close to end of life at least there's 3 years worth of stuff on there for casuals to poke around in.

Lunarorbit

Deaths door is good FYI.

Dreams. Oh man. Even when they put it on ps plus it's late and no one's gonna give a shit. Just like the game itself.

Seriously, why would you put Dreams on PSN earlier than now when its entire premise is that its for people to create stuff with?

People are either interested in doing this, or they aren't. And if they aren't I highly doubt it being given away as a freebie is going to change their minds!

Putting it out now when the product is close to end of life at least there's 3 years worth of stuff on there for casuals to poke around in.
Someone on reddit mentioned that they recently did an update to make the game more stable after migrating the server and limiting how much people can keep in storage. This user suggests that this may have been needed for the game to be released on PS+ and receive an influx of players and creations.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Death door is nice, i wanted to try that for a long time.

Dreams and PGA though:
dog-smelling.gif

jonnyp

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for August:

• PGA Tour 2K23
  • Dreams
  • Death’s Door

F1-MNUVXgAAABpp

I actually was hoping PGA was gonna be good, as I have played the 2021 one quite a lot and enjoyed that one. They managed to make 2023 look worse, perform much worse and as a result play much worse than the 2021 version. 99% of the audio is recycled from the 2021 version. And still littered with microtransaction ads. Utterly incompetent, lazy GaaS-centric shite.

The other 2 games I have no interest in. What a shit month.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What's up with the Dreams criticisms? Is all of the best user generated content from when the game was first released now unavailable? Wouldn't the game getting released as a PS plus game now increase the chance some more good stuff gets made?
You make a good point. People can still use it to create and publish stuff for others, Media Molecule are moving on to their next project instead of adding more to it.

Mossybrew

Everybody's Golf is fun as fuck :messenger_weary:
Yeah I've had a fun time in the past with Everybody's Golf and Mario Golf. So I tried this golf game and man this is way too much GOLF IS SERIOUS BUSINESS. This is like a golf sim and I'd much rather play something light and breezy like Everybody's Golf.

Late on this, but Golden Tee and Everybody's Golf are two of my all time favorites (could never get into Mario Golf). I want to like PGA, but it's just too dull.

Would kill for another Everybody's Golf. Sony should be all in, as it's basically the ultimate walking simulator (joke before anyone gets offended).

Top Bottom