• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tropical Storms Bonnie & Charley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicious

Just wondering if anyone else living in FL was in the path of either of these storms. The West coast of FL doesn't get hit as often as the East side does, and it's especially rare when we get 2 at the same time.

I'm in the Tampa area and Charley will be a small hurricane by the time it gets here. Nothing to get too worried about, though.

Desperado

What the shit? I should really start watching the news again, since Texas gets quite a few tropical storms/hurricanes...It's been like 3 months since i've seen the weather report.

Hurricanes are awesome. Because Hurricane = HURRICANE PARTY!!! Sadly I'm at home in Gainesville and will miss the slight brush TS Bonnie will give to Tallahassee. I won't be back up there until Saturday.

I'm in Ft. Myers, which is about where Charley is currently forecast to make landfall. So I'm keeping an eye out. Went by the supermarket this morning and it was already nuts, with people grabbing water and stuff. Bah, it's amazing how many people don't bother to prepare at the start of hurricane season, then jam up the stores at the slightest hint of a hurricane landfall. Who can really say what will happen, since it's coming right up the coast...fifty miles to the west of the forecast track, and half of Florida will be merely sideswiped.

Vicious is definitely right about us Gulf Coast Florida people, though. South of the big bend area, there hasn't been a serious hurricane in decades. We're overdue, though thankfully it doesn't look like this one will get above a Category 2.

AssMan

Banned
I'm in the Tampa area and Charley will be a small hurricane by the time it gets here.

It'll be a category 2 hurricane. Not really small, and depending how fast it moves. I live in Clearwater, and If both hits our area then there are going to be some major problems.

Belfast

OMG, they will combine and become TEH SUPARSTORM!!!!

That'd be cool, but not so cool at the same time. Seriously, though, looks like I'm in for Some Charly action.

Vicious

A category 2 isn't that bad, but yeah it will cause some damage. I've been through worse, though. I was in Miami during Andrew... that was an interesting experience.

This is my 19th year living in the Tampa Bay area, and it seems that almost anytime a major storm hits FL, I happen to be in that particular part of the state at the time.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Catchpenny said:
I'm in Ft. Myers, which is about where Charley is currently forecast to make landfall. So I'm keeping an eye out. Went by the supermarket this morning and it was already nuts, with people grabbing water and stuff. Bah, it's amazing how many people don't bother to prepare at the start of hurricane season, then jam up the stores at the slightest hint of a hurricane landfall. Who can really say what will happen, since it's coming right up the coast...fifty miles to the west of the forecast track, and half of Florida will be merely sideswiped.

Vicious is definitely right about us Gulf Coast Florida people, though. South of the big bend area, there hasn't been a serious hurricane in decades. We're overdue, though thankfully it doesn't look like this one will get above a Category 2.

Hey, i'm in Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda :)
Yeah, we are right in the path, and its been awhile.
Donna was the last big one back in the 60ies

Mustang

Banned
B00003CXJD.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom