• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump energizes the anti-vaccine movement in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korigama

The sort of people who believe in that idiocy do not listen to facts, and are easily among the most dangerous embodiments of an increasing embrace of anti-intellectualism. Science can't convince them, only pain (and even then, only if that suffering affects the people whom they're stupid enough to think they're protecting now).
My only question is, did Baron Trump get vaccine shots or not. Trump is either a hypocrite or stupid. You decide.
He's always been both, unquestionably.

They're equating their idiocy with the "Right to Choose" mantra that has defined the Abortion Debate, except it's fundamentally different in this case as the consequences involve the full scale spreading of diseases once thought to be eradicated. So no, there is no choice involved. I think Americans would prefer to not be wiped out by a plague.
The other huge difference is that the people who take all the risk aren't the ones choosing. It isn't the antivaxxers who risk death, it's their children and the children who require herd immunity for protection

Ryuuroden

Getting dangerously close to the point where I just throw up my hands and let Darwinism take its course. There will be collateral damage of innocent people who do believe in vaccines but maybe at this point people just need to start dying.

rhandino

Banned
Anti-vaxxer are the worst kind of person.

Seriously, how can you let your children be exposed to mortal diseases?

Disgusting.

Supporting anti-vaccine movement. Defending pedophilia. Both cause harm to children. It's just the former isn't lambasted enough.

It's a combination of privilege and fear.

I would argue it's less fear and more anti-intellectualism. Parents want to seem like they know more about raising their children than people who spend their lives studying how to help people raise children.

NOOOO!!!

KEEP THAT SHIT ON THE WEST COAST WHERE IT BELONGS

WE DON'T WANT IT EITHER AAAAAAAA

ALSO:

The group of 40 people gathered

Globally, vaccines prevent the deaths of about 2.5 million children every year

SMH. Less than 1% of the world's population want to ruin the lives of their offspring and potentially many more because they trust their own malignant judgment more than medical science.

Sulik2

Government is going to have to stand mandating vaccines at this point, if we ever get a sane government again. People not being vaccinated endangers everyone else around them and can have global ramifications if diseases come back. This crap hast to stop.

effzee

My only question is, did Baron Trump get vaccine shots or not. Trump is either a hypocrite or stupid. You decide.

Much like how he suddenly became a Christian in the last few months and especially since his comments on Access Hollywood, he will just say he learned about this after his son was born.

jrcbandit

I wish all these anti vaxxer nut jobs would get all these diseases instead of their poor kids. Should be classified as child abuse.

ItIsOkBro

People clue in and get vaccinated -> vaccine reduces incidents -> people think why get vaccinated there's no problem anymore -> anti-vaxxors increase incidents -> people clue in and get vaccinated

We just have to wait for this cycle over and over again, no amount of education can overcome this ignorance

ScribbleD

Anti-vaxxer are the worst kind of person.

Seriously, how can you let your children be exposed to mortal diseases?

Disgusting.

It's not just about their own children, it's about everyone else as well. Vaccines aren't always 100% effective, and some people have circumstances that preclude them from being able to get vaccinations. These people rely on herd immunity. Anti-vaxxers aren't just putting themselves and their children at risk, they put everyone else at risk.

It's a pitiful shame that Andrew Wakefield isn't rotting behind bars right now.

Anti-vaxxers literally advocating for the deaths of their own children.

The worst part isn't just that, it's that it also means a fair number of vaccinated kids are going to catch the disease because of these ignorant parents. Tried explaining that to one person on facebook recently, boy was that a mistake.

Those poor children.

They didn't ask to be born to idiot parents and now they will die because of them.

Fuck Donald for making people believe vaccines are harmful.

Derwind

When their kids die, will they realize their mistake then or will they blame the government or Democrats?

It's funny because even though I'm sure there are plenty of anti-vaxx nut jobs who are Democrats, there is only one party that is empowering the Anti-Vaxx movement right now and it's the party of Personal Responsibility & Accountability.

The irony is they will be the first to wash their hands clean of the mess of a rising infant mortality rate.

They finally come around to Pro-Choice once the baby makes it out of the womb.

I never understood anti-vaccine support. They are willfully disregarding empirical evidence on the benefits and effectiveness of vaccines while risking the health of their children.

I am however not surprised to see its surge with Trump running the Whitehouse; a person who tweeted vaccine causes autism.
[tweet] https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/449525268529815552?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw[/tweet]

Kthulhu

I wish all these anti vaxxer nut jobs would get all these diseases instead of their poor kids. Should be classified as child abuse.

Some states have fortunately banned unvaccinated kids from attending public school. Hopefully the rest of the nation will follow soon.

I never understood anti-vaccine support. They are willfully disregarding empirical evidence on the benefits and effectiveness of vaccines while risking the health of their children.

I am however not surprised to see its surge with Trump running the Whitehouse; a person who tweeted vaccine causes autism.
[tweet] https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/449525268529815552?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw[/tweet]

alt-facts and conspiracy theories that has people thinking they're smarter than everyone else is only going to get worse.

Nepenthe

Are people really so dissatisfied with the way their meager lives turned out that they're willing to play Russian Roulette with theirs and others' children in an effort to assert control over and stick it to the experts telling them to do something?

Those poor kids being raised by idiots who would rather see their child succumb to illness rather than listen to proven, scientific facts. It should be a crime.

Nokterian

I hate anti-vaxxers, there also in the netherlands. If this goes through people and mostly children will die and they will die very fast and soon because these fuckers are the most terrible people you can think of.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I've said it in other threads but as someone on the spectrum I find this link to be complete bull shit and I'm glad for vaccines as I never had to face the horrors of Polio, Small Pox and the like. Fuck Anti Vaxxers.

Iorv3th

The school I work at had 2 families pull their kids out because we require all kids to be vaccinated. They are anti vaxxers. Whats weird is that even though they are anti vaxxers both of these families have kids with developmental problems even without getting vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom