• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump picks Reince Priebus as Chief of Staff, Steve Bannon as senior advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...96-priebus-to-be-trumps-chief-of-staff-report

Well thank god its not Bannon. But Bannon is in the white house. BAD!

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus will be President-elect Donald Trump’s chief of staff, while campaign CEO Stephen Bannon will be chief strategist and senior counselor to the president.

The campaign made the announcement Sunday afternoon in a press release.

“I am thrilled to have my very successful team continue with me in leading our country,” Trump said in a statement. “Steve and Reince are highly qualified leaders who worked well together on our campaign and led us to a historic victory. Now I will have them both with me in the White House as we work to make America great again.”

Nibiru

Banned
Very smart pick. I never expected Bannon would want that job he has enough on his plate. Makes sense that he would be an adviser. Of course the Dems really wanted Bannon so they could attack him for it and Trump just robbed them of the satisfaction.

Barzul

Very smart pick. I never expected Bannon would want that job he has enough on his plate. Makes sense that he would be an adviser. Of course the Dems really wanted Bannon so they could attack him for it and Trump just robbed them of the satisfaction.
Dems wanted Bannon? Prove that.

No fucking way does ANYONE want that

We should all want this guy to surround himself with as many competent and experienced people as possible

Anarky

Banned

What in the actual the fuck are talking about?

RPGCrazied

Would have been better if he kicked Bannon to the curb. But maybe since he is staying on will make this ship sink that much faster.

Bannon is still apart of the administration. And just like he "wasn't" a huge part of the campaign, he "won't" be a huge part of this. Right.

Toxi

Banned
Nibiru
read my posts for
razor sharp analysis!
(Today, 03:41 PM)

Bannon should be nowhere near the White House. Sadly, that's not what we're getting.

Barzul

Bannon as chief of staff would have indicated that Trump might be warring with the GoP for the better part of his run. Dems want that.
You saying this does not make it true. Prove you're not pulling this out of your ass. I think that's exactly what're you're doing

Bannon as chief of staff would have indicated that Trump might be warring with the GoP for the better part of his run. Dems want that.

First of all Bannon being anywhere in the adminstration brings conflict with the rest of the GOP since they despise him, but no, dems do not want more people getting hurt.

Nibiru

Banned
You saying this does not make it true. Prove you're not pulling this out of your ass. I think that's exactly what're you're doing

I'm saying that Reince Priebus is a cunning dude and gets things done so don't expect GoP infighting at least not early on.

First of all Bannon being anywhere in the adminstration brings conflict with the rest of the GOP since they despise him, but no, dems do not want more people getting hurt.

Absolutely but he isn't actually in charge of anything. Still important but he won't be a middle man between Congress personalities and Trump like Priebus.

Blader

Actually, I think Democrats don't really want Bannon in the White House mainly because he ran a white nationalist website and is a wife-beating anti-Semite.

And, I'm not sure what you think "chief strategist and senior counselor to the president" means, but Bannon will still very much be a huge part of the administration. So he's not exactly dodging any criticism on this front; Bannon will still be there.

DrArchon

It's incredibly sad that Priebus of all people can be called the lesser of two evils, but almost anyone was a better pick than Steve Bannon.

Blader

Giuliani is a little better. Not much, but better.Christie is downright awful in all respects.

I despise Christie, but he's the closest thing to a remotely moderating influence in this fucking cesspool. Giuliani is just a crazed racist, though he does fit with the running theme of a Trump administration.

RPGCrazied

I despise Christie, but he's the closest thing to a remotely moderating influence in this fucking cesspool. Giuliani is just a crazed racist, though he does fit with the running theme of a Trump administration.

Yeah, I'll take Christie over Rudy. Not even a contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom