• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump picks Reince Priebus as Chief of Staff, Steve Bannon as senior advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
I'm sorry, did you think "Drain the swamp" meant he was going to drain it of Republicans or people willing to 'bend the knee' as it were, to get what Trump wants done?

You will say no, and that you saw this coming, but I find that hard to believe as you saw none of this coming at all. When Trump said "drain the swamp" and his supporters listened, none of them got confused about what that meant...

Of course. We all knew what it meant. (((drain))) (((the))) (((globalists))) amirite?

Regardless, Trump is hardly the first person to appoint his campaign aides to his White House staff (see: Rove, Axelrod, etc.) and, believe it or not, it did not take a genius to recognize it.

I still dont understand how Trump reconciles having Jared Kushner, a Jew, and Steve Bannon, a known anti-semite, as two of his top advisers.

He has no political ideology. He preys upon the hatred of others for his own personal gain. In many ways, that makes him even more dangerous because he is happy to simply exploit these deep veins of hatred not because he believes it, but because he believes it can further his own survival.

PnCIa

I am mad right now watching CNN and seeing that Bannon was put indeed in a high position. Essentially an american nazi. A modern Joseph Goebbels. Right next to the president of the United States. Holy shit.

I am mad right now watching CNN and seeing that Bannon was put indeed in a high position. Essentially an american nazi. A modern Joseph Goebbels. Right next to the president of the United States. Holy shit.

The entire cadre is like our worst nightmare of GOP sycophants.

iN7CrIC.jpg

Blader

I'm sorry, did you think "Drain the swamp" meant he was going to drain it of Republicans or people willing to 'bend the knee' as it were, to get what Trump wants done?

You will say no, and that you saw this coming, but I find that hard to believe as you saw none of this coming at all. When Trump said "drain the swamp" and his supporters listened, none of them got confused about what that meant...

Well I certainly didn't see Trump winning coming, you're right about that. But I am not at all confused about what drain the swamp meant, or that it was a complete lie, or the kinds of people he was going to appoint if he had power.

jtb

Banned
So then someone should make a thread, and highlight the details.

I was about to, but the title's since been updated.

Here's something to emphasize: the press release indicates they will be "equal partners"

So... not much comfort to be found in this news if you don't like Bannon.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Good choice for Chief of Staff. Preibus was loyal to Trump and got shit done for him. He'll be able to effectively interface with Congress and get some work done.

I was about to, but the title's since been updated.

Here's something to emphasize: the press release indicates they will be "equal partners"

So... not much comfort to be found in this news if you don't like Bannon.
Bannon was Trump's real chief strategist and his most trusted advisor.

He will whisper dreams of white nationalism in Trump's ear.

I'm not normally an alarmist, but we should be afraid now.

How have I seen this cartoon a dozen times without noticing Pepe the frog in the bottom corner?

the best part is trump grabbing the pussy willow.

also now i'm even more mad at all of the chickenshit liberals who want to give this piece of shit president a chance. he is appointing literal fucking nazis into positions of power.

I'm a dem and I didn't want bannon anywhere near this White House.

This isn't political games this is our country. Bannon wants to stoke race hatred to violence and smile while America burns. America is a hellscape and I alone can save. That was 2016 message and in 2020 the hellscape will be for real.

Everyone should fight this. Ryan already said he won't - probably cuz his bud is chief of staff. Let's hear from the nevertrump guys in senate on this. Speak up.

We are fucked if we don't get that guy the hell away from the White House.

I've been combing through the Southern Poverty Law Center and various news sources for the last hour looking for real, hard dirt on Bannon. All I have found so far is his Wife accused him of things during their divorce, he has been in the same room as some white supremicists, and that he has opposition to immigration policies based on real world occurences. Sure, that is enough to make one mildly curious about his ideologies, but I am finding no slam dunk evidence that this man is a white supremicist. What do you have I haven't seen yet?

Why are you guys congratulating ? This guy will be privy to the top secrets of this country, get to advice donald to do stupidest things and not catch flank for it because he is just am advisor. We are fucked.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Reince Priebus as a Chief of Staff? Does this mean that he quits his job as the GOP Chairman?

Or I hope that it at least distracts him from the job and does a shitty job at it.

I've been combing through the Southern Poverty Law Center and various news sources for the last hour looking for real, hard dirt on Bannon. All I have found so far is his Wife accused him of things during their divorce, he has been in the same room as some white supremicists, and that he has opposition to immigration policies based on real world occurences. Sure, that is enough to make one mildly curious about his ideologies, but I am finding no slam dunk evidence that this man is a white supremicist. What do you have I haven't seen yet?

The Breitbart alt-right just took over the GOP
This article was written by one of Bannon's ex-employees.

The Breitbart alt-right just took over the GOP
This article was written by one of Bannon's ex-employees.

Unsupported accusations. Give me actual, tangible examples of this man's bias. I have seen and read a lot of pie in the sky think pieces, but have found no tangible examples beyond the ones I already outlined. Give me something to sink my teeth into. An op-ed by the man himself or some flagrant interview with his own words.

Thank fuck we have Bernie & Warren & the other democratic progressives that will keep these people in check, or at the very least keep a spotlight on their shit. I still can't believe this is reality but it's slowly sinking in.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Who would have guessed that when the GOP finally started moving away from Fox News, it's because they needed to move further to the right?

Unsupported accusations. Give me actual, tangible examples of this man's bias. I have seen and read a lot of pie in the sky think pieces, but have found no tangible examples beyond the ones I already outlined. Give me something to sink my teeth into. An op-ed by the man himself or some flagrant interview with his own words.
The man's bias? He has a whole website full of his bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom