• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've generally enjoyed probably 80% of my time watching the series and I can't wait to rewatch the whole thing (I found the rewatch of the first 6-7 episodes earlier to be very helpful), but there's been some frustrations along the way.

Tonight made it all worth it.

Zousi

"I'll walk through that red door and I'll be home for good."
tumblr_ovdqrxkCbo1vfg7u3o1_500.gif

Don't do this to me. Wonderful scene. Kyle, my god.

timshundo

There were just two episodes the whole season where I lost my patience (one right afte the other, you know which) but I am so happy now. Thank you Lynch. You coulda left us in the dust as some sort of Lynchian sick joke.

So

Coop + Audrey = Richard
Coop + Diane = ???

Steven.....?

Steamlord

I don't think so. That's why Coop asked for a new seed: so he could give them "Dougie."

Nah, he gave MIKE/Philip Gerard his hair, and asked about the seed so he could make a new Dougie for that family to have.

But the only reason Doppelcoop was able to remain was because he cheated by using Dougie. There's only supposed to be one Coop in the world, and things are out of whack until then. I think it's at least a possibility.

"I'll walk through that red door and I'll be home for good."

Red door... Red curtains... D:

TuXx

Just listing off the things that stuck out/theory

1. The Giant's message to Cooper "2 birds one stone". Richard is still an element to the riddle even though he died on a STONE, would Linda would also have to do the same?

2. The message Evil Coop sends to Diane wasn't delivered. Who sent the message?
The message Evil Coop sent had a period at the end. The last time you see the message it doesn't.

3. Audrey waking up from a coma would mean she's the dreamer since Billy actually exist in Twin Peaks

Edit: Evil Coop might have needed Richard to be born so he can use him since he mentioned his age being 25

"You're finally awake"

Fuckin' A right ...

The shootout was hilarious. Everything Mitchum bros is amazing. Was that ball left over after Dianne's doppelgänger disappeared a different color from gold?

Steamlord

The shootout will be overshadowed by all the other amazing stuff in this episode even though it's one of the best scenes of the series.

Chitown B

Just listing off the things that stuck out/theory

1. The Giant's message to Cooper "2 birds one stone". Richard is still an element to the riddle even though he died on a STONE, would Linda would also have to do the same?

2. The message Evil Coop sends to Diane wasn't delivered. Who sent the message?
The message Evil Coop sent had a period at the end. The last time you see the message it doesn't.

3. Audrey waking up from a coma would mean she's the dreamer since Billy actually exist in Twin Peaks

Edit: Evil Coop might have needed Richard to be born so he can use him since he mentioned his age being 25

1. But who is Linda?

2. It sent eventually. That's why it was received at 4 in the afternoon instead of at night.

3. Point me to who Billy is.

WriterGK

All the Cooper scenes in this part were so comically rushed, it made him look as if he came straight out of a Twin Peaks parody. The man lost 25 years and he's acting as if nothing happened. Kinda makes Dougie look like a fully-formed, well-adjusted human being by comparison.

What are you nagging about?
Everyone loved this and thinks it's the best episode maybe of all Twin Peaks. But all you do is complain :S

Chitown B

Gotta say the shooting of Diane was ridiculous. They had no reason to have their guns in their hands already. And Tammy had a Dirty Harry sized gun.

EdmondD

So what's up with that humming noise at the Great Northern? We hear it in the hospital before Coop wakes up (it leads Bushnell out of the room so Coop and Mike can talk). James hears it too in that one scene, I think? After tonight's episode, it's certainly Lodge related, but is it Mike? Something else? This is actually bugging me more than any other unanswered question right now, haha.

In one of the episodes from the previous seasons Man From Another Place rubs his hands and makes that noise. In the international pilot when they find BOB in the basement that sound is heard and BOB says, "Mike? Is that you Mike?" In this episode the sound is heard and Mike appears to Coop. So, yeah seems like it's Mike.

TuXx

1. But who is Linda?

2. It sent eventually. That's why it was received at 4 in the afternoon instead of at night.

3. Point me to who Billy is.

Linda is the trailer dudes wife that he mentions to Carl Rodd. She hasn't been seen yet.

As far as the phone call, if you look at the scene, the messages don't match.

Billy is the drunk in the jail cell that's dripping blood from his mouth that Audrey is looking for.

What are you nagging about?
Everyone loved this and thinks it's the best episode maybe of all Twin Peaks. But all you do is complain :S
He's right, though. I thought the episode was fantastic, but Cooper's arc went from excruciatingly slow to mach 4 at the drop of a hat.
Gotta say the shooting of Diane was ridiculous. They had no reason to have their guns in their hands already. And Tammy had a Dirty Harry sized gun.
You could see Cole eyeing Diane's bag throughout the scene. I think they knew she was going to end up pulling a gun on them.

bunbun777

They completely had a reason. You could tell Cole himself knew something was askew, they are all trained highly intuitive agents that were aware that 'Diane' was already suspect. Cooper knew about Bushnell's gun as well.

WriterGK

He's right, though. I thought the episode was fantastic, but Cooper's arc went from excruciatingly slow to mach 4 at the drop of a hat.

You could see Cole eyeing Diane's bag throughout the scene. I think they knew she was going to end up pulling a gun on them.

No it didn't. Anyone that paid attention during episode 15 knew Dougie was going to end.
Come on he still isn't in Twin Peaks. And we knew for 5 episodes already that everyone needed to go to Twin Peaks.....
And there are only 2 episodes left.

hydruxo

Honestly it'd be more ridiculous if they didn't have their guns at the ready. We've been aware that they're suspicious of Diane for many episodes now.

No it didn't. Anyone that paid attention during episode 15 knew Dougie was going to end.

That doesn't have anything to do with it. 15 episodes of glacial (but enjoyable) pacing, and then suddenly he's back to being the same Cooper from 1990 like he didn't just spend the last 25 years in purgatory.

In one of the episodes from the previous seasons Man From Another Place rubs his hands and makes that noise. In the international pilot when they find BOB in the basement that sound is heard and BOB says, "Mike? Is that you Mike?" In this episode the sound is heard and Mike appears to Coop. So, yeah seems like it's Mike.

Yo, I completely forgot about that bit in the international pilot. I guess that's that. Pretty damn cool.

WriterGK

That doesn't have anything to do with it. 15 episodes of glacial (but enjoyable) pacing, and then suddenly he's back to being the same Cooper from 1990 like he didn't just spend the last 25 years in purgatory.

Maybe people react differently to coming back from purgatory?
Mr.C always has been a man with a plan. Not someone that just dwells on.

Chitown B

Linda is the trailer dudes wife that he mentions to Carl Rodd. She hasn't been seen yet.

As far as the phone call, if you look at the scene, the messages don't match.

Billy is the drunk in the jail cell that's dripping blood from his mouth that Audrey is looking for.

1. unconfirmed, there are multiple people with the same names in this season.

2. they do match.

3. Nope. Not confirmed just speculation. Especially now with the Roadhouse tonight.

Kurdel

Banned
I was on the right track with these guesses!

Was Diane corrupted by Bad Coop, or is it possible Bad Coop managed to get Diane’s Doppelganger?

Also, I think Richard is Bad Coops evil coma rape son.

This episode was fucking spectacular, can’t wait until next week!

Chitown B

You can see them reach for their guns earlier in the scene

I watched it twice and didn't see that. I'll look again I guess. You never see them draw them.

edit: Albert yes. But Tammy is just already pointing at her without drawing - like she wouldn't react to that?

Honestly it'd be more ridiculous if they didn't have their guns at the ready. We've been aware that they're suspicious of Diane for many episodes now.

I can see maybe Albert. Tammy is a seemingly green agent who just got put on the team. Nothing she does is believable.

Maybe people react differently to coming back from purgatory?
Mr.C always has been a man with a plan. Not someone that just dwells on.

Except for when the Lodge broke him in the finale of S2, which is what resulted in him losing 25 years of his life.
Well, I mean, it was their last bag of chips. They wouldn't have survived long anyway.

A life without cheetohs is not a life worth living.

mjp2417

Banned

If Cooper were a real person he would require a fuckton of counseling and therapy. But Cooper is a fictional character in a television series marked by its defiant anti-realism. It's a weird complaint given the context.

Chitown B

Except for when the Lodge broke him in the finale of S2, which is what resulted in him losing 25 years of his life.

A life without cheetohs is not a life worth living.

Coop was obviously reaching out from the lodge same as Mike does. That's why he knew about the tulpas and was part of their creation.

TuXx

1. unconfirmed, there a multiple people with the same names in this season.

2. they do match.

3. Nope. Not confirmed just speculation. Especially now with the Roadhouse tonight.

1. Not sure if Linda's name has been used that often, but that's the main reference point everyone remembers.

2. Look at the scene right before Diane dies. It shows the message again. It doesn't match. (You see it exactly when she mentions the gas station aka The convenience store.)

3. The two girl's at the roadhouse mention a guy name Billy that was acting crazy and bleeding through his nose and his mouth

mjp2417

Banned
While we are discussing stuff from the opening scene, has there been any reference to a 430 that I'm forgetting? The Giant says remember that before the stuff about Richard and Linda.

What would you have Lynch and Frost with him do then?
Make him actually adjust to everything he's lost. Give his decision to confront Mr. C weight.
If Cooper were a real person he would require a fuckton of counseling and therapy. But Cooper is a fictional character in a television series marked by its defiant anti-realism. It's a weird complaint given the context.
I would not call Twin Peaks anti-realism at all. The situations are bizarre, and the characters can be too, but they are all pretty meaty, realized characters, and the way it handled Laura's abuse and the effect her death had on the town were both very real.

Just as so much of the show is concerned with duality, Twin Peaks has always been a show about contrasting surrealism and mysticism with psychological realism.

While we are discussing stuff from the opening scene, has there been any reference to a 430 that I'm forgetting? The Giant says remember that before the stuff about Richard and Linda.

I noticed that Diane's phone read 16:something as the time at one point. I wonder if it was 16:30.

Hey guys! I just finished Season 1 and I heard that season 2 isn't as good and I also saw that it's over 20 episodes long, is there anything in season 2 that I can skip or some kind of fan edit out there?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Just finished watching tonight's episode. My oh my, what a delicious piece of cherry pie.
It had everything in it, just amazing. Can't freaking wait for next week's explosive finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom