• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch streamer Alinity (yes, that one) called out by PETA for yeeting her cat behind her head mid stream.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Personally think that as usual, it's a total and complete overreaction. She literally just dropped the cat over her head which landed on it's feet and is fine. Anyone who's ever owned a cat would know this. They're extremely agile with great leaping ability. Plus, huge difference between that and actually throwing the cat. Soon, even petting your cat/dog would be considered abusive. The vodka thing is more disgusting than anything and she had the cat lick it off her lips which again is people overreacting. I thought she poured it down the cat's throat. Plus, she has a second cat in that video. She's obviously a cat person and if anything, she simply shouldn't play/do stupid shit with them on stream.

Omali

Oh hey it's that lady that said the thing about Pewdiepie, let's pretend to get offended by every single transgression of hers for the rest of her life, like reasonable adults do. Because she said something about another internet personality.

Some of the people in this thread are actually concerned about the wellbeing of the cat, it's a very small number though.

Last edited:
I don't think even Canada works that way...
These poor things loves anyone relentlessly and don't know any better, if an owner really loves them or not, as long as they get food. She must be punished! :messenger_pouting:

Edit: talking about dogs not cats

Aww crap I sound like reera member now.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
These poor things loves anyone relentlessly and don't know any better, if an owner really loves them or not, as long as they get food. She must be punished! :messenger_pouting:

Aww crap I sound like reera member now.
I'm not a cat person (allergies) so what did she do exactly that was so horrible? The alcohol thing?

Poor cat. Sure they can land on their feet from high up... but that toss was unexpected and the cat was probably not ready for it. What a stupid human being.

If she was my kid, I'd be so embarrassed by her.

do you even standards? she's a 5'1 midget with a big head.

I mean yeah she's shitty and that could taint the attractiveness levels, I know it does for me anyways, but surely you could understand how someone could think she's attractive? Like non subjective, just thinking of our societal norms of beauty.

TLZ

Banned
Personally think that as usual, it's a total and complete overreaction. She literally just dropped the cat over her head which landed on it's feet and is fine. Anyone who's ever owned a cat would know this. They're extremely agile with great leaping ability. Plus, huge difference between that and actually throwing the cat. Soon, even petting your cat/dog would be considered abusive. The vodka thing is more disgusting than anything and she had the cat lick it off her lips which again is people overreacting. I thought she poured it down the cat's throat. Plus, she has a second cat in that video. She's obviously a cat person and if anything, she simply shouldn't play/do stupid shit with them on stream.
I wonder if this was a toxic masculine manly man how the reaction would've been.

I mean yeah she's shitty and that could taint the attractiveness levels, I know it does for me anyways, but surely you could understand how someone could think she's attractive? Like non subjective, just thinking of our societal norms of beauty.
I agree shes hot but stupid maybe just cuz she is drunk though, she might be great when not drunk.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
What the hell is this thread. Did I pass out and wake up on resetera?

And "yeeting" has to be the stupidest internet term I've ever heard.

It's dumb, but I think anyone can embrace that it's kind of fun to throw things while yelling YEEEEET

bucyou

yeet brings me back to skeet

kgq7h.jpg

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if this was a toxic masculine manly man how the reaction would've been.

My reaction would be the same. Don't know nor do I care who that woman is. Stupid? Absolutely but that's not animal abuse.

jadedm17

Personally think that as usual, it's a total and complete overreaction. She literally just dropped the cat over her head which landed on it's feet and is fine
Okay, complete honesty : I've done stupid shit with mine and other's pets, with the idea moderation won't hurt them. (Yes, including a bottle cap of beer to a small dog.)... What sticks out to me? Streaming. I know these kids are young and we all do dumb things, but by the time you hit the level of experience someone like Alinity has, then not doing dumb things on stream seems like Rules of Success A, C and C. You KNOW a lot of judgmental eyes are on you - many who want to see you fail - so don't do things even a child can see would be bad.

Last edited:
Okay, complete honesty : I've done stupid shit with mine and other's pets, with the idea moderation won't hurt them. (Yes, including a bottle cap of beer to a small dog.)... What sticks out to me? Streaming. I know these kids are young and we all do dumb things, but by the time you hit the level of experience someone like Alinity has, then not doing dumb things on stream seems like Rules of Success A, C and C. You KNOW a lot of judgmental eyes are on you - many who want to see you fail - so don't do things even a child can see would be bad.

That's a fools errand. No matter what you do it will be dissected and you bet your ass some group will find something to be pissy about. It's a lose lose situation really. Well except the dough. That's a win.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The vodka thing, not good.

That "throw" though? Come the fuck on. Anyone who's ever actually owned a cat has probably done that to some extent before. They're cats, they land on their feet. She didn't yeet it across the room. My cats in the past have thrown themselves harder than that.

Papa

Banned
Heaven forbid different have different opinions! The horror! Sorry my standards for physical attractiveness don’t match yours, oh holy one.

Wow you got the insta like from DE. I’m out.

Don’t worry Jare I’d hit that too

lukilladog

That cat is absolutely fine, kicking a dog though, that can kill them.

Ps.- But not that "kick", I just watched the video, lol, hilarious.

Last edited:
The throw is nothing and the cat was most likely fine. Personally I wouldn't do it (I'd just rather not take that risk, put the cat down carefully for god's sake! Would you like being thrown over someone's head with no regard for your safety?) but it's not a huge deal. The alcohol though...small amount or not that's not a bright idea and I would consider that abuse.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I've never thrown my cats like that. To an extent you can throw your cats around a bit, but just tossing them behind you without checking how they land and stuff seems awfully irresponsible.

trikster40

Ok, first, I had to google what the hell “yeet” was.

After doing that, I watched the video and want to yeet this person out of a window....Of a car moving at high velocity down a freeway. Would that be a double yeet?

Sorry that the animal that you are supposed to love and care for got in the way of the 1s and 0s that formed an image on your monitor. Way to prioritize there.

Yeah, the throw was bad in context to me, due to instinctively just throwing it back, which I can't imagine was done with a clear knowledge of that the cat wouldn't possibly hit something. The act of throwing itself, looking at the force it was done with, seems okay, but the throwing behind you just seems really shaky. That said, it might be a reactive thing, which does happen to someone when they are stressed and into gaming, so I would imagine she really regretted it afterwards. That something that could be forgiven of course.
The the alcohol thing, wtf? Not only disgusting in itself putting your mouth towards a cat's mouth, but alcohol to a cat? Wtf? Luckily it looks like a small amount and I imagine a lot of it just evaporated.

Digity

How does one know the vodka was even vodka? Pretty easy to play it off on a stream that you're drinking and getting drunk. Has anyone ever let an animal smell alcohol before? They usually back away pretty quick, if that cat was actually enjoying some vodka then maybe it's just one sophisticated kitty.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
There is no way she's not fucking someone at Twitch.

8l8dOJQ.png

Female thot Twitch partners are untouchable.

ItsAGundam has extensive videos on the double standards over the past year with them.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Honestly, the video looks like nothing. She quickly picks it up and drops it behind her chair? Right-side up, I believe? It looks absolutely mild for any average cat and their acrobatics. "Shit human being" (etc) comments here are truly mystifying to me, based on the clip alone.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
What the fuck is this thread? Have any of you ever owned a cat? Tossing a cat from the height of the back of a desk chair isn't going to hurt it. At all. They regularly jump from the roofs of houses people (before anyone says anything dumb, I've watched cats do this literally thousands of times.)

Also, fuck PETA, OP you shouldn't be giving them any kind of attention at all.

Top Bottom