• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Minutes Hate, redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Some of you may recall that a couple years back I started a thread called "Two Minutes Hate," to let out any pent up frustration among the forum populace and to let those people that feel they have to censor themselves to a degree to let loose for a time. With all the careful, tiptoed words said in the PSP crack threads, for example, now's probably a good time for its return.

So let's have at it. Follow the guidelines below, but otherwise say *whatever* you want to say about your fellow GAFers especially, or anything else without fear of being banned. Again, assuming the guidelines are maintained, nothing said here will be a direct or indirect contribution to any bannings. I guarantee this.

RULES

-No images.

-No urls.

-No quotations of material outside of GAF (you may quote original text posted on GAF).

-All body text (outside of quote tags) must be original, yours, and new.

-No attacks on a person's race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.

-Additional rules may be added later, with notification here and with a new post in the thread.

Let the flames begin.

Edit:

The Casualties of War thus far:

Chrono - posting an image of a mousetrap.
Lemurs - copying and pasting a passage from another site & passing it off as newly written.
Cyan - linking.

demi

SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT MY AVATAR

I DONT QUESTION YOUR SHITTY AVATAR STOP QUESTIONING MINE

FUCK THE SHUT UP

The Gaming Forum is a cesspool that makes me hate videogames and the assholes that play them.

If it wasn't for the news it would be completely pointless to me.

OT 4 Lyfe

xsarien

daedsiluap
The Sega fanboys in the gaming forum (they know who they are) make me really wish I could, like, stab people in the face over the Internet.

xsarien said:
The Sega fanboys in the gaming forum (they know who they are) make me really wish I could, like, stab people in the face over the Internet.

Same thing except replace Sega fanboys with Sony, and Nintendo fanboys.

demi

YOU NINTENDO FANS ARE IDIOTS

I TRY TO BE ON YOUR SIDE

BUT NOOOOOOO

YOU HAVE TO ACT LIKE RETARDS AND JUST MAKE IT ALL GO HAYWIRE

SOMETIMES I WISH YOU NEVER EXISTED

xsarien

daedsiluap
Lemurnator said:
Same thing except replace Sega fanboys with Sony, and Nintendo fanboys.

No, seriously, there's a difference. It's one thing to irrationally fawn over hardware that's current, it's something entirely different to have a monthly thread on why some ancient Sega arcade board is the end all, be all of gaming (which inevitably - and I swear you can synchronize a watch by it - leads to a discussion about how "NO, REALLY!" the Dreamcast is actually more powerful than a PS2.)

I want to be your friend Evilore, or at least not hate you but you make it so hard.

Why do you hate me Evilore? Whatever happened to Mike Works? And why does he hate me too?

xsarien said:
No, seriously, there's a difference. It's one thing to irrationally fawn over hardware that's current, it's something entirely different to have a monthly thread on why some ancient Sega arcade board is the end all, be all of gaming.

Dreamcast always did suck.

People creamed and to this day still cream over the dreamcast.

I do not know why.

SONIC ADVENTURE FUCKING SUCKED PEOPLE. GET OVER IT.

border

Important questions that should probably be asked before someone steps over the line:

Can you make fun of someone's physical disability, mental/physical illness, physique/looks, gender, or if they gave a blowjob in a public restroom?

Can you scream at moderators for previous decisions they've made?

Does making fun of someone who likes shemale hentai or furries count as a knock on sexual orientation?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I want to be your friend Evilore, or at least not hate you but you make it so hard.

Why do you hate me Evilore? Whatever happened to Mike Works? And why does he hate me too?

You can be pretty annoying, but I don't hate you.

Mike? After I demodded him the loss of his little sandbox may have taken its toll. And he doesn't hate you either. Since you showed up he's always taken an excessive interest in you, despite his feints to the contrary. :heart :heart

Important questions that should probably be asked before someone steps over the line:

Can you make fun of someone's physical disability, mental/physical illness, physique/looks, gender, or if they gave a blowjob in a public restroom?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Physical disability is kind of a ghey one to target though.

Can you scream at moderators for previous decisions they've made?

Yes.

Does making fun of someone who likes shemale hentai or furries count as a knock on sexual orientation?

Fetishes are alright.

If I call a poster gay but he isn't actually gay (as far as I know), is that still an attack on his sexuality?

Yes.

FightyF

Banned
Nintendo fans are the worst people to inhabit the Internet. Vile, disgusting human beings.

They aren't gamers at all. Ask them their favourite sports game, and it's Ken Griffey's Baseball or Stanley Cup Hockey. Some would say Wayne Gretzky's Hockey on the N64. :lol

In a threads akin to "What is the best fighter"? You'll see laugably ridiculous replies such as "Smash Brothers" and "Killer Instinct" (the latter depended on when such a thread was posted). "What is the best racer?" get similar replies, with Mario Kart and such.

So again, they don't really like games in general. Show them a great game such as GTA and they can't see why people would like it. Show them a game like Project Gotham and they are frustrated by the use of gears to shift a vehicle with. Show them a game like Virtua Fighter and they wonder why there is more than one attack button.

Furthermore they try to defend purchases like the GC, which has turned out to be worse than the Dreamcast. While most Xbox and PS2 gamers here own libraries of at LEAST a dozen games, GC owners probably have half that.

Another funny thing is they try to slag on the Xbox, which is in every way better than the GC. Actually they've recently stopped for the most part as the GC is pretty much DEAD.

Oh, and another funny thing...this console is dead...and they still hate on MS for releasing a new console "so soon". I mean, wouldn't you welcome the Rev to come this year as the GC has nearly nothing for it's lineup? 14 games this year...5 games the next? That's pretty sad!

I also have to mention how they now claim that graphics aren't everything, as Nintendo hinted that their next console won't compete with the PS3 and 360...yet will point out the graphical flaws in the PS2 version of RE4. I thought it was all about the gameplay and FUN, people??!

Sure, some Sony and MS fans are pretty retarded. But Nintendo fans...a great majority are retarded. Only 30% or so I'd say are reasonable...and that's a stretch.

They are like religious fanatics, so closed-minded and extreme. Take, for example, the shape of the Rev prototype. They could have made it in the uninspired shape of a rectangular box and you'd still see them praise it to no end. Err...waitaminute.

God...these people...they're idiots. They are like the Republicans of gaming. Closed minded, ignorant, arrogant (though they have no reason to be), hateful, racist (as they probably enjoy Nintendo's racist ads), and blind.

I've got somethings to say to the democrats of the GAF.

I've been reading a lot of disturbing things here and on the rest of the internet about our President and our beautiful nation and brave troops. Did you forget that faithful day not even 4 years ago when those bastards took over 3000 American lives? Do you forget the founding fathers and the sacrifices they made so that we can have freedom? We live in America, the most beautiful country on Earth and when our country is threatened by countries like Iraq we NEED to make a stand, and we did and I stand by our governments decision to do so.

If you don't, you ARE a terrorist.

I am confident that SOMEWHERE in Iraq are weapons of mass destruction. Even if they aren't in the form of chemical, biological, or nuclear weapons but in the form of Saddam torturing his own people. I don't see HOW you can argue wanting to set up a beacon of light in the middle east. Democracy must exist in the middle east and we're just the country to do it. We're doing God's work.

You want to know the definition of a weapon of mass destruction? Look at North Korea, the people of North Korea have NO knowledge WHATSOEVER as to how the world actually works. They know only what their government tells them which makes them very dangerous. If the United States were to invade and liberate North Korea it would take a MASSIVE effort to reeducate those people. I don't think we could. I think every citizen would fight to the death with the United States because of how their government has educated them. If I had my way North Korea would be a crater. A country where every single citizen is willing to die in order to kill Americans? That's a weapon of mass destruction.

Ben Franklin, George Washington, John Adams, and all the founding fathers are rolling in their graves at how you traitors basically spit on the American flag by not supporting OUR American troops and President fighting so that YOU can have freedom? You can talk about how your "rights" have been violated by the patriot act but if you aren't a terrorist bent on destroying the American way of life and killing innocent people, you have nothing to be worried about.

3000 people did not die in vain. Those people who flew those planes into our beautiful symbols of capitolism and freedom, they were terrorists. But so are the people who spend every breath slandering the person who's seeing us through each tragedy day by day even if it makes him unpopular to unpatriotic scum like you. Slandering the person and people who're fighting so we can be free and a great country. Showing no respect for the system that protects them, protects their parents, and protects their children from threats both domestic and abroad.

You people make me sick.

September 11th, 2001

A date THIS American, shall never forget.

FightyF

Banned
You HAD to have copied and pasted that Lemurnator...there's no way you can come up with something that retarded, even if you tried.

-edit-
The curiosity is killing me...what did Chrono say? It'd be good to know so that we could avoid making the same mistakes (though it seemed like an obvious break of rules).

Lemurnator said:
Whatever happened to Mike Works? And why does he hate me too?
Whatever happened to me? I didn't go anywhere! And I don't hate you, you just used to be very annoying. You've improved greatly in 2005, congratulations!

EviLore said:
Mike? After I demodded him the loss of his little sandbox may have taken its toll. And he doesn't hate you either. Since you showed up he's always taken an excessive interest in you, despite his feints to the contrary. :heart :heart
Excessive interest? Gimme a break dumbo, I always spread out my platter of interest to annoying, forum degrading attention whores, which lemurs was at the time. Just ask demi.

I look forward to this thread, though. I'm not an admin anymore, so anyone can say anything they've wanted to say about me when I was, and there ain't a damn thing I can do about it.

So, who didn't like my modding style!

B'z-chan

Banned
BOB fucking SAGET i've got your number.

LETS FIGHT you tell me the time and place. No rules! Have fun in the hospital

Lemurnator said:

<<insert crap>>

You people make me sick.

September 11th, 2001

Ho shit, get the fuck out

Lemurnator said:

I've been reading a lot of disturbing things here and on the rest of the internet about our President and our beautiful nation and brave troops. Did you forget that faithful day not even 4 years ago when those bastards took over 3000 American lives? Do you forget the founding fathers and the sacrifices they made so that we can have freedom? We live in America, the most beautiful country on Earth and when our country is threatened by countries like Iraq we NEED to make a stand, and we did and I stand by our governments decision to do so.

If you don't, you ARE a terrorist.

I am confident that SOMEWHERE in Iraq are weapons of mass destruction. Even if they aren't in the form of chemical, biological, or nuclear weapons but in the forum of Saddam torturing his own people. I don't see HOW you can argue wanting to set up a beacon of light in the middle east. Democracy must exist in the middle east and we're just the country to do it. We're doing God's work.

Ben Franklin, George Washington, John Adams, and all the founding fathers are rolling in their graves at how you traitors basically spit on the American flag by not supporting OUR American troops and President fighting so that YOU can have freedom? You can talk about how your "rights" have been violated by the patriot act but if you aren't a terrorist bent on destroying the American way of life and killing innocent people, you have nothing to be worried about.

3000 people did not die in vain. Those people who flew those planes into our beautiful symbols of capitolism and freedom, they were terrorists. But so are the people who spend every breath slandering the person who's seeing us through each tragedy day by day even if it makes him unpopular to unpatriotic scum like you. Slandering the person and people who're fighting so we can be free and a great country. Showing no respect for the system that protects them, protects their parents, and protects their children from threats both domestic and abroad.

You people make me sick.

September 11th, 2001

This is a tired subject that has basically been exhausted here in GAF, and your type of posts have been argued against/for several times over. So I'll just resort to calling you names, it's much less time-consuming.

Idiot.

I wanna believe that post was some copy/paste job you snatched from some Freeper's blog, I pray for your soul it is.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
lemur, i really hope youre joking. if you are, i love

if not, i hate you and everyone like you

:D

Fight for Freeform said:
You HAD to have copied and pasted that Lemurnator...there's no way you can come up with something that retarded, even if you tried.

I copied and pasted it, but it was something that I had previously written and posted on another forum, and added to when I posted it here.

Date of Lies said:
Ho shit, get the fuck out, aren't you filipino or something?

The color of my skin does not determine whether or not I'm an American. I live here, and I would die for my country if I had to.

To all you people who say my opinion is retarded, did you forget what happened on September 11th 2001? What happened to your fighting spirit? What happened to supporting our country? Less than 4 years go by and all of a sudden you people have completely lost your loyalty to your country, to your president, to your government, and to your troops that fight so we can have tall buildings and not have to worry about them getting planes flown into them?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
People who use all caps in their posts are obviously compensating for something, and by something, I mean their tiny prepubescent penises.

ohamsie

I don't understand people who bash on any console. It is pretty pathetic, especially since plenty of worthwhile games can be found on all the big systems.

I also got annoyed when people began trolling the LOST threads, especially when they didn't even watch the show.

The terms of service for GAF are not always very clear, and occasionally mods can be a little overzealous with bannings rather than giving warnings.

There seems to be a lot of political and religious intolerance, but that doesn't really affect me because I don't go in those threads.

There just seems to be overall too much hostility, but it can sometimes lead to entertaining drama.

Nikashi

Banned
Dammit! Can't we have a goddamn decent name-calling and hatred thread without it turning into a political discussion???

Wait.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom