• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Minutes Papers - A.I. Takes Real World Geographical Scans and applies it to GTA V. Uncanny [VIDEO]

Last edited:

Banned
the crazy thing about this is that it runs in real-time.

so if someone would implement this into something like reshade you could play GTA5 like this right now

Knightime_X

Is it just me or does high-end graphics look terrible with low frame rates?
I mean low frame rates always make graphics look bad but it's even worse when trying to make the graphics look good.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
So does this mean games are going to get darker like they were at the end of the 6th gen and for the majority of the 7th gen?

If you go back to GTA 3, VC, SA you notice it looks cartoony to us today, but I actually started to notice games last gen starting to look cartoony as well. GTA 5, Rainbow 6, etc. It also seems that the higher res you make something, the more these models look fake.

nemiroff

Gold Member
It's worth mentioning that this is from video data, that's why it looks like it does. So if you want to think about its potential, extrapolate from this and imagine more accurate data sources.

Last edited:

Amiga

google will eventually evolve 3D/street view into something like this. it could be the only game on Stadia and still sell billions.

Stuart360

Looks pretty incredible. I would of liked to see it at 60fps though and not this N64 framerate.
This is next gen!.

Top Bottom