• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 Lineup - Rayman to be Wii launch title, first pic

Dragmire

Game looks great to me, if low poly. I mean, Xbox could probably do the same scene, but it doesn't look bad, either. I don't know about pop culture references in a Rayman game, but I'm not at all disturbed by Rayman in that screenshot. I never liked his design, and I'm all for variation on his look. He just looks goofy in that shot. The bunnies look great.

Sho Nuff

Banned
vandegraff6ex.jpg

Ohh, it's just a Van de Graff generator

ahmad

Banned
Notice how the other kid's reaction looks like he is stunned.

It is either :

1- the graphics suck like the pics.

2- TEH 3D and Holograms

Ponn

Banned
Jim said:
And I supposed you can infer... since Rayman RR is confirmed for a "Holiday 2006" release, and it is announced as an official Wii launch title, that the Wii will be launching right where we all expected... November :)

Assuming October isn't considered "Holiday", which I doubt it is

Ahh, but Rayman may fall under that blasted "launch window" so you have 6 months to play with there.

Revolution launch after E3 FTW!! My insider at BestBuy told me so, Believe!

Xellos

Rayman! I don't know about anyone else, but all the while playing Rayman 3 I was really wanting Rayman to ride a giant spider and fight evil bunnies while wearing a giant pink afro and giant sunglasses. So yeah, this is pretty highly anticipated for me. Seriously though, Rayman + Ancel is has provided some of the best platforming in the past; I expect no different from this. Looks great!

Sho Nuff

Banned
Dragmire said:
Game looks great to me, if low poly. I mean, Xbox could probably do the same scene, but it doesn't look bad, either. I don't know about pop culture references in a Rayman game, but I'm not at all disturbed by Rayman in that screenshot. I never liked his design, and I'm all for variation on his look. He just looks goofy in that shot. The bunnies look great.

Dude

Those bunnies look like SHIT

Jim said:
And I supposed you can infer... since Rayman RR is confirmed for a "Holiday 2006" release, and it is announced as an official Wii launch title, that the Wii will be launching right where we all expected... November :)

Assuming October isn't considered "Holiday", which I doubt it is

Suddenly Columbus day doesn't count? The world's most sacred holiday?

Amir0x

Banned
Dragmire said:

It DID do the same, and actually did it better, in Conker remake.

Krowley

i think the actual game looks pretty good.. You can't seem much but the art style might be nice based on that pic and the description sounds interesting. The people are :lol :lol :lol

I can't wait to see the commercial this comes from. I'm betting that the punk kid in the pic is a normal person at the start, then when rayman starts changing outfits, he/she starts changing at the same time.

Mrbob

Who knows if the Revolution will make games more entertaining, but it sure has livened up GAF over the past week! :lol

daspot

so the bunnies look like shit...why dont you get a copy of one of x box, x box 360 games and look at one of the characters close up...they still have jaggies...up close they dont look all that great but from a distance the look awesome...its like playing a pc at high resolution it looks sweat on high resolution in front of the pc...but if u put it 800x600 and sit up close its look like trash but to someone standing few feet behind you its look like a great game...

Also look at the lighting and the details in the background...and if this is in game its looks pretty good

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
For eveyone who's WTFing, are you doing it at the graphics, the kids playing it, the style of the game, the description or what? I'm getting a headache here trying to work it out.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
:lol Am I the only one who thinks the game concept actually sounds refreshing, and that it fits in with the Rayman world?

And am I the only one who actually thinks that picture looks good? It fits what I imagine the style of the game to be perfectly, and its light-hearted and humerous.

What? It's good stuff, heh

I saw the pic b4 i entered this thread and I KNEW GAF would have a good laugh over it.

Thank you for not disappointing :lol

Trurl

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
Dude

Those bunnies look like SHIT
Fuck off man, I didn't want very many polygons anyway.

It looks good enough that I won't be focusing on crappy graphics while playing it.

Am I the only one who thinks the game concept actually sounds refreshing, and that it fits in with the Rayman world?

And am I the only one who actually thinks that picture looks good? It fits what I imagine the style of the game to be perfectly, and its light-hearted and humerous.

What? It's good stuff, heh
I agree with you.:D
I like the art direction and I had no expectations of being blown away by technical stuff.

Mrbob

Mama Smurf said:
For eveyone who's WTFing, are you doing it at the graphics, the kids playing it, the style of the game, the description or what? I'm getting a headache here trying to work it out.

It is a combination of everything! :lol

lancubap

Oh my God. I am dying laughing !!! :lol
Sure this Pre-E3 is the most amusing in history !! And Wii is the core of this amusement !! :lol

jarosh said:

:lol :lol Oh my God. It is too much for my poor heart !!!!

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
I think Wii is the 1st system designed around the entertainment of message boards- I simply cannot see how coulde be otherwise.

In regards to this thread, I've been trying to conjure up a cohesive thought after going through it, but have yet been unable to. Its like the 5th dimension or something.

KINGMOKU

Is this a confirmed Wii screenshot, or just specualtion, and, if it is, WHERE DID ALL THE MONEY GO?

Into the WIIMOTE?

That screen could EASILY be done on the gamecube without it breaking a sweat. SERIOUSLY.

I just dont get it anymore. If its JUST the wiimote+craptacualr graphics,why not DO BOTH?

(This is all of course with an undertanding tha there is no steroscopic 3-d, or visor)

Scotch

Mama Smurf said:
Well for me it's most of all the crazy kids and Rayman's afro. I don't mind the graphics much. Though I'm not interested in this game anyway. 2D Rayman ftw.

Ranger X

LOL @ the thread

Seriously there's one thing that excites me about the new Rayman. Seriously i don't give if it's the graphic quality we will get. Remember the evil Teddies of Conker?

After the evil Teddies here come the evil Bunnies. I think it's cool. And it may just be a inspiration from Conker after all.

Top Bottom