• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 144: Lightweight Title - Edgar vs. Bendo - 2.25 - Dancing On The Corpse's Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

iddqd

I think Shields got it but he is cleary "not there" at the moment.
Maybe he should go back up to 185.
The new 170 breed of wrestling dudes with KO powr would fuck him up.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i guess i feel that defending takedowns should earn the defender points. silly me

Yep, Shields. He constantly outstruck Akiyama.

Not impressed but Shields gonna Shields. Seriously though, Aki grabbed the cage at least 3 times to save a takedown. That's ridiculous.

SyNapSe

30-27? wooww. Shields showing how throwing limp nothing strikes while attempting the devastating MMA "takedown" is a win.

Cipherr

i guess i feel that defending takedowns should earn the defender points. silly me

No I definitely agree with that. But shields took over in the third, enough to get the victory easily. He evened up the number of takedowns, tried a few submissions, and his opponent grabbed the fence twice.

As opposed to throwing a handful of punches, tripping someone for 3 seconds, and grabbing the fence to protect against takedowns?

The bolded isnt being fair, those were some fucking legit full takedowns. The rest I have to agree with though.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
No I definitely agree with that. But shields took over in the third, enough to get the victory easily. He evened up the number of takedowns, tried a few submissions, and his opponent grabbed the fence twice.

that isnt how ufc is scored though. i'm not arguing that akiyama should have won though

Line is all the way down from +225 to +140 on Bader. I'm tempted to take him but I think I'd rather just root for Rampage to actually try again.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Sexyama.

Korea am disappoint.

SyNapSe

As opposed to throwing a handful of punches, tripping someone for 3 seconds, and grabbing the fence to protect against takedowns?

I agree'd with Rogan in that Akiyama should have taken a point penalty for holding the fence. He probably did as much damage as Shields. That was the boxing score of the world. Throwing for throwing out shots sake. It can apparently score for you.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
This card is way too fucking long. Hope they never do 7 fights again

no way. At the price of HD, I want more fights. Even though I could do w/o Shields/Akiyama. Should have had Gomi on the main card instead.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
"Akiyama was cheated at UFC 144 by Jake shields who used his dry humping technique for 3 rounds which ended up as a fourth loss in a row for him, leading to him being cut from the UFC." - Akiyama's Wikipedia

I agree'd with Rogan in that Akiyama should have taken a point penalty for holding the fence. He probably did as much damage as Shields. That was the boxing score of the world. Throwing for throwing out shots sake. It can apparently score for you.

but the problem is Akiyama didn't even throw much at all. If he rocked Shields or even knocked him off balance a few times then cool, there'd be an argument, but he did 2 trips that Shields used as takedown opportunities and that's it. Shields just sucks at taking a punch so he flails. Aki was way too timid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom