• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 194 + Fight Week |OT| The leprechaun finally gets his gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loomba

WhimsicalDeepHoopoe.gif

YESSSSSSSS amazing

I was hyped for the main event since Conor got in his face in the crowd. To see it end like this is just horrible.

I spent 45 on this card and waited a year to see the actual fight, and it ended in 13 seconds. Man, this has me down. Not paying for cards anymore/teardrops.

Main event was a let down. Didn't care who won, just wanted a long hard fight. I mean, it especially sucked because the previous fights were good. In that sense, I was okay paying for the card, but it doesn't take away from the main event let down.

Weidman doesn't deserve a rematch. I say have Weidman - Jacare and Romero - Rockhold.

Aldo needs to have one convincing win and then back to a title fight, like Velasquez. Let's have McGregor - Edgar for the title, but would be hard on who would fight Aldo. Mendes? Lamas? Tough call. I know sherdog had Aldo - Edgar while Mcgregor goes up to fight for the 155 title, but I think that argument is poor. Frankie Edgar deserves his title shot.

Aldo vs Connor wasn't about the fight itself, but about ramifications. Seeing Connor knock the lights out of Aldo in 13 seconds is the perfect ending to the journey.

Connor about take the UFC into uncharted territory, he's the beginning of the end.

Jezbollah

I just saw the fights. I knew of the McGregor win (lol, 13 second full fights on twitter...) but I was shocked to see how bad Weidman looked - but that sounds like I discredit Rockhold (he's been underrated for a while).

What the UFC should do: Insist on both Aldo and Conor go to 155, get the title fight for Conor, and have the winner face Aldo in the AT&T Stadium in a megafight card.

Takuan

Mystic Mac's star falls real quick at 155 with all the killers in that division. Reaaal quick. What a terrific career he's had so far, though.

hwalker84

Conor vs Cowboy would be fun. He's not going to intimidate Cerrone with his antics haha. But I don't see RDA losing next week.

I'd rather Conor stay where he is. Cowboy is fricken 6'1. Conor is only 5'9. I'd be really concerned for Conor with a lot of the top ten at 155.

Also can't wait till next weekend (I'm going).

Hey Dude

Banned
So i just watched the Weidman fight and wow it looked like weidman was getting ready to put Luke away with those body kicks. Than he throws the stupidest most pointless kick ever. But i think he did it because he was kicking Luke's ass and got overconfident.

Id love to see a rematch but Weidman should fight jacare for a #1 contender fight.

Jezbollah

I'd rather Conor stay where he is. Cowboy is fricken 6'1. Conor is only 5'9. I'd be really concerned for Conor with a lot of the top ten at 155.

Also can't wait till next weekend (I'm going).

Conor is only 5'9 yes, but he's also got a 1 inch reach advantage over the 6'1 Cerrone.

McGregor has experience at 155lbs, and I think he'll be a monster there.

Hey Dude

Banned
Conor vs Cowboy would be fun. He's not going to intimidate Cerrone with his antics haha. But I don't see RDA losing next week.
Im not counting out cerrone after the new drug testing policies. RDA is raising some serious flags after his recent performances.

Even romero looked a bit smaller yesterday. Weidman looked deflated.

I agree that 155 is a different ballgame. I would like to see Pettis vs McGregor though. It's an interesting fight.

So i just watched the Weidman fight and wow it looked like weidman was getting ready to put Luke away with those body kicks. Than he throws the stupidest most pointless kick ever. But i think he did it because he was kicking Luke's ass and got overconfident.

Id love to see a rematch but Weidman should fight jacare for a #1 contender fight.

He remembered that's how Belfort knocked him out. Speaking of which, I can guaran-fucking-tee that Belfort will lobby for a title fight just because he knocked Rockhold out while he was juicing.

Cappa

Banned
Conor is only 5'9 yes, but he's also got a 1 inch reach advantage over the 6'1 Cerrone.

McGregor has experience at 155lbs, and I think he'll be a monster there.

lol right he still needs to completely dominate his division which he's doing... but still needs to defend his title. People sleep on Frankie Edgar all the time but he will be stiff competition for McGregor and let's be honest an Aldo vs McGregor rematch has to happen sooner or later.

Defend the title 5+ times like Aldo did, than let's talk about dominating a division that people are crazy to think he's an automatic lock to dominate without even having fought in that division yet.(in the UFC)

Fitts

Funny and perfect, but I hate to see a guy take an unnecessary beating like that. Dean's gotta go.

...but I was shocked to see how bad Weidman looked...

This I don't understand. Weidman fought exactly how he always had. The dude's a big, tough grinder with distinctly average standup.

Personally, I was surprised by how rough Rockhold looked. I'm not about dudes giving excuses win or lose but well... when he discussed his health issues, I believed him. He has the size/grappling to deal with Weidman and much better striking and fight IQ. It turned out to be a good fight, but I expected something more dominant.

McGregor has beaten a handful of cans and Mendes who took the fight on short notice. Aldo is going to destroy him easily and further derail Dana's bullshit hype train.

I pray to Tom Brady for Aldo to beat the breaks off this kid.

I hope Aldo wins for the sake of the fighters.

Hold onto that fake interim belt as long as you can you Irish can.

Conor looks beyond confident and hyped up right now. Not sure.

but i still think ALDO is going to smash

<___< maybe i cant tell based on how hyped mcgregor looks right now

Punish him, Jose.

Rousey, Weidman, and McGregor all getting knocked out in the span of a month. I need that to happen just so I can imagine the incredible mental breakdown of Dana White. It helps that I wanted Aldo to knock this whole hype train off the rails anyway.

ALDO IS IN THE ZONE BABY.

Aldo by stoppage(strikes).

13 seconds. Time to eat that crow for breakfast.

kiguel182

After all this time a 13 second fight is doesn't make up for it. Waste of a build.

But hey, cool for Connor. I will watch his next fight no matter who the opponent is.

He was, but this is a legacy killing performance. The stage was too big to go out like that. He needs a rematch.

No he doesn't. At least not immediately.

It was very decisive. One punch - head, clean, off. KTFO'd. Conor has consistently talked huge and backed it up at every step, even calling what he's going to do pretty much every time, even against the P4P #1. Absolutely insane.

I'm not using recent bs rematches as further justification. Make Aldo vs Max - that would be a great fight.

This thread last night was like Christmas. All the hype and salt in the goddamn world. You could literally build a salt mountain with Baldwin's on his own

RobNBanks

Banned
you can give Aldo a rematch but the dude is clearly made out of wet toilet paper so why bother. dude had like 2 fights in 2 years

give it to someone else who can actually show up on fight night

BadAss2961

It was very decisive. One punch - head, clean, off. KTFO'd. Conor has consistently talked huge and backed it up at every step, even calling what he's going to do pretty much every time, even against the P4P #1. Absolutely insane.

I'm not using recent bs rematches as further justification. Make Aldo vs Max - that would be a great fight.
Whether they should book a rematch is up for debate, but he absolutely needs one.

Jeff is hilarious. He's supposed to be the quiet one.

Frog-fu

Banned

You might be convinced it came down to pure skill but to the world it seemed like it just came down to a tense Aldo getting caught. It happens. McGregor has to prove that it wasn't just a fluke.

Yaari

I do feel Aldo underestimated Conor. He said nothing about his qualities concerned him. Stuff like, bet on me = easy money.

He might not have been serious about it but we can see where it has taken us.

BadAss2961

You might be convinced it came down to pure skill but to the world it seemed like it just came down to a tense Aldo getting caught. It happens. McGregor has to prove that it wasn't just a fluke.
It wasn't a fluke, but Aldo was definitely jittery. Never got a chance to settle into the fight.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Fights that end like that don't really mean much overall.. I mean it was an exciting win.. but it doesn't tell us much... it's not luck.. but didn't even get a chance to feel either guy out.. just boom.. over.

Aldo was tense, did something stupid.. and that stupid ended up ending the fight.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Right. It's up to the dude who won in literally the most spectacular fashion possible to prove something.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, first you lose the belt, then you lose your solo video game cover and to top if off, you lose your fastest title fight record to boot. That karma for Ronda, it's a bitch.

13 seconds. Time to eat that crow for breakfast.

Hey hey hey now I had a bad feeling when i saw how confident conor look coming out and how aldo was doing things he never before..it was a bizarre experience.

Would love to see a rematch maybe aldo comes back like GSP and beast modes (yeah serra is nothing compared to conor) or he comes back like silva and just flops again.

we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom