• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unannounced Sony / PlayStation hardware coming soon (Asus employee say is a new handheld)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

• Asus employee aware of Sony handheld secretly being worked on (no info besides that) which is why they approached Microsoft months ago due to more competition coming soon besides valve

Thanks mods, for the title change

Happy So Excited GIF by Studios 2016

Last edited:
$385 US is what Gamestop currently offers for trade in on PS5.
This time I’m getting the digital version. Just need to come up with 15 plus tax.

RCU005

I wouldn’t mind the rumored PS5 with a detachable disc. I think it’s a great idea and allow people to get the drive if they ever want to play physical discs. (I have a Digital Edition)

It would also allow Sony to make just one SKU and make it more affordable in the long run (although they might not lower the price since they never really did on the PS4)

On the other hand, if they do announced a new version. I’ll be buying the black and red PS5 covers before they get discontinued.

But on the other hand, it would be so weird to release another version when they haven’t even made ONE Special Edition! Not even just the covers and sell the separately. The only thing to receive a SE treatment is the Dualsense.

is that video his show?...that is so fucking lazy if so.

Edit: I don't know how you didn't feel any secondhand embarrassment posting that video. Shame on you

Last edited:

onQ123

He pretty much said this already

It's probably a portable , streaming box or projector/camera.

But him saying something about the competition make me think it's something like a Series S or something to enhance PS5.

BootsLoader

Banned
First of all, I don’t care about April’s fools, it’s racist. 😂

Also, I would really really like a Sony handheld. They make very very good and powerful machines. They just have to make better OS and support with good games.
PSP had XMB which was also on PS3. It worked exceptionally. They have to make a PSP 2 (not psvita) with OS similar to PS5.

K2D

Banned
Not sure I want the slim if the disc drive is external.. Guess I want one just for the warranty, so I can sell my old Ps5.

I reckon it's based on cloud technology it's not going to be a handheld or a new slim console my believe that its going to be a small device device that u can take with you and it's going to be a cloud based solution aka playstation now

Hopefully it's the PS5 Slim and it's really fucking slim with no silly curves. I might pick one up just to replay Bloodborne.

Not the second for everyone just yet. 10:27pm here
Here it is 2nd April and anyway we only have April fools up to 12:00 on the 1st.

Who posts April Fools at 10PM lmao

Last edited:

HoofHearted

Tom Henderson has been talking about this for months.
Not sure who Tom Henderson is - but anyone who has followed this industry at length knows that eventually a new version or revision of “ConsoleX” will be inevitably introduced… he’s not noting anything new or surprising here

Last edited:

dotnotbot

Doesn't "hardware" mean it could be something like Dualsense Edge? Not necessarily a new console.

Anyway, I hope it's Playstation Vita 2: The Return of the King.

Last edited:
Top Bottom