• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
RedRedSuit said:
Right, for YOU, that's how you would prefer it. I have no problem with that. What I'm saying is, despite how you or anyone else would like it, that's NOT how it is. 5 = fail. So there's no point bringing up an orthogonal discussion, is my point.

How about we use the sites actual explanation of their own rating scale.

Inorigo said:

DkSNc.jpg

I wonder if there's a please don't feed the trolls picture. Now reviewers are going to ride on the wave of controversy to get some hits. lol

jax (old)

Banned
sp3000 said:
Perfect. I hope this game gets ripped by reviewers just to see the hilarious fanboy rage on this forum.

I think this series has the saddest fanboys of any game.
Some of those comments. I mean....jesus. To think that people on this forum are that emotionally invested in review scores.

i think that's pretty sad in itself. turn that mirror on yourself.

Loudninja

sp3000 said:
Perfect. I hope this game gets ripped by reviewers just to see the hilarious fanboy rage on this forum.

I think this series has the saddest fanboys of any game. Some of those comments. I mean....jesus. To think that people on this forum are that emotionally invested in review scores.
Isn't your post just as sad?

sp3000 said:

I think this series has the saddest fanboys of any game. Some of those comments. I mean....jesus. To think that people on this forum are that emotionally invested in review scores.
LOL

sp3000

upJTboogie said:

I was waiting for someone from the Hall of Fame to post. I can't wait for more gems like

upJTboogie said:
EG is getting so many extra clicks because of this.

upJTboogie said:
Lol, they knock the game for being linear? Makes sense people are unhappy with them, never cared about that site

You showcase the best that this forum has to offer.

My personal favorite is still this one though

BruiserBear said:
The sum of Uncharted 3's parts make it worthy of a higher score than an 8/10. Based purely on what I know right now, without having even played the single player campaign, I know this. Anyone reviewing videogames today knows this.

I THINK THAT BASED PURELY ON A GAME I HAVENT PLAYED, THIS GAME DESERVES AN 11/10

sp3000 said:
I was waiting for someone from the Hall of Fame to post. I can't wait for more gems like

You showcase the best that this forum has to offer.
I see nothing wrong with those quotes. There's definitely something wrong with wanting a game to fail critically just to see reactions lol.
Gully State said:
Can someone quote this? For some reason twitter doesn't work on my work PC..
Good discussion alert! RT @ScottCJones: Uncharted 3 gets a 6.5 from me. You'll find out why on Tuesday's @reviewsontherun #thinkbeforeyoubuy

Victor_Lucas

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Gully State said:
Can someone quote this? For some reason twitter doesn't work on my work PC..

Good discussion alert! Uncharted 3 gets a 6.5 from me. You'll find out why on Tuesday.

Bigfoot

Meisadragon said:
Who's that?
Victor and Scott host the Reviews on the Run TV show... it is made in Canada so it might only air there. Jeff Cannata used to be on some episodes.

They both submit a score so the 6.5 could only be one of theres... or they are just messing with everyone by tweeting a fake score. :)

Reading the tweet, Victor is retweeting Scott, so direct your fanboy anger at him, not the guy in the picture a few posts above...

Amir0x

Banned
it's good to see people standing up against Uncharted series flaws. It's a decent-to-good series, but it really does have a lot of potentially really simple problems to fix that are holding it back from true greatness.

Plus that fuckin' automated platforming. Christ devs is it so hard to let me die? I won't be mad, you can let the pussy mode stay for people who need their mommies to gently guide them to each ledge. Let the men play the game with some tension plz

sp3000

Amir0x said:
it's good to see people standing up against Uncharted series flaws. It's a decent-to-good series, but it really does have a lot of potentially really simple problems to fix that are holding it back from true greatness.

Plus that fuckin' automated platforming. Christ devs is it so hard to let me die? I won't be mad, you can let the pussy mode stay for people who need their mommies to gently guide them to each ledge. Let the men play the game with some tension plz

Exactly why I never finished U2. There is a difference between a guided experience and the point where the game literally punishes you for not doing exactly what it intends you to.

Regardless, the fact that eurogamer was being insulted because of their opinion on a game which no one on this forum has yet played is simply ridiculous.

scoobs

This is fucking ridiculous. Who cares what number someone gives it? Uncharted 2 was the best single player game i've ever played and for me it was a 10 and i could care less what anyone else thinks. Having said that, I cannot fathom how you could give uncharted 2 anything but an A as a game. Its got no major problems to my eyes.

Amir0x said:

ie "its nice that there is someone out there who is reviewing the game that represents my own subjective viewpoint"....I think U2 is the best experienc I have had with a game this gen, there is literally no down time.

Loudninja

ABC review 4/4
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/review-uncharted-interactive-treasure-14819310

AusGamers 9.3
Drake's Deception is driven -- like previous Uncharted games -- by the compelling and flawlessly executed story which is matched perfectly by the stunning visuals. Without doubt it's at the pinnacle of storytelling in video games. The puzzle solving is also a boon, intricate in detail with enough leeway to let you do all the thinking. It's a little disappointing then, that the shooting mechanics have the same shortcomings as Uncharted 2 and that it takes too long to get going
http://www.ausgamers.com/games/uncharted-3-drakes-deception/review/

DangerStepp

scoobs said:
This is fucking ridiculous. Who cares what number someone gives it? Uncharted 2 was the best single player game i've ever played and for me it was a 10 and i could care less what anyone else thinks. Having said that, I cannot fathom how you could give uncharted 2 anything but an A as a game. Its got no major problems to my eyes.
This is an Uncharted 3 thread, bro.

scoobs

DangerStepp said:
This is an Uncharted 3 thread, bro.
I was using it as an example, bro. Because I can't play Uncharted 3 yet, seeing as it hasn't released yet. I really can't imagine that uncharted 3 will be any worse than what I played in uncharted 2. I'm not bothered by the problems people are bringing up in reviews like linear gameplay. This isn't an issue for me.

Beating-a-dead-horse.gif
Beating-a-dead-horse.gif
Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH THE REVIEWS OF REACTIONS TO REVIEWS ALREADY.

GOSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

In other news, Dark Souls is simply delightful. Anyone wanna team up in Londo?

Loudninja

Love this quote from CVG
Think back to Uncharted 2's highlights - the train level (both in the opening climb and, later, the moving warzone), rifle battles on huge Himalayan bridges, the unexpected calm of a native village - and Uncharted 3 out-does them all, comprehensively. Its visual effects are more arresting, its action more hyperbolic. Dammit, even the peaceful bits are more peaceful.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/323193/reviewsuncharted-3-drakes-deception-review/

Haha.

Pranay

Amir0x said:

Its a great shooter though with offer platforming elements to add variety to the gameplay :))

Puzzles can be improved though which i hop they are in uncharted 3

sp3000 said:
Exactly why I never finished U2. There is a difference between a guided experience and the point where the game literally punishes you for not doing exactly what it intends you to.

Regardless, the fact that eurogamer was being insulted because of their opinion on a game which no one on this forum has yet played is simply ridiculous.

The Fact that ign review was insulted because of their opinion on a game which no one played is also ridiculous.

No need to always one side of the coin.

and TBH many have responded to the eurogamer review with valid points if you have bothered going through the thread

Dynedom

Before people rage at the wrong person, that's Scott C Jones giving Uncharted 3 a 6.5. Victor Lucas hasn't revealed his score.

jax (old)

Banned
Amir0x said:
it's good to see people standing up against Uncharted series flaws.  It's a decent-to-good series

GOTY 2010 is more than just a decent to good series.

sp3000 said:

you need to list examples instead of that generalised comment about punishing. it hardly does.

Cruzader

Banned
sp3000 said:

You are contradicting yourself.

You say that you didnt beat U2 due to its "automated scenes" yet bag or agree that Uncharted 3 suffers the same thing....so the game basically plays like Uncharted 1/2 which we all have played.(and which you agree or imply) So we cant say that we know what the funk we talking about?... and that maybe the Eurogamer reviewer is full of it because Uncharted is meant to played like that and some or alot of us didnt have any issues with it?

Its safe to say that based on Uncharted 2, the game will be fine and this "automated" stuff is stuff we are used to in this game due to its nature and its not an issue until you make it seem like its an issue by someone who maybe doesnt get it or needs to point artificial flaws. ("omg the snow disappears after you walk, wow what a let down" - moronic "flaw" found in Uncharted 2 from a review site)

sp3000 said:

You are a unique snowflake. We get it. You can move on now.

Sessler brings up a lot of good points. The numerical system that judges creative works is inherently flawed.

The entire game development and journalism industry is super insecure it seems.

I don't really care if Eurogamer or Sessler give a score less than 10 or 9 or 8. It's just their opinion. A lot of people just happen to read it. My best friend hates the Uncharted games no matter what (his soul is dead), but whatever. I love them, I will continue to buy them.

All I care about is the following: ND makes a great Uncharted game and that ND will continue to make them. Some guy's number has no effect on me, and it shouldn't have had any effect on those crazy wall of shame people.

Raonak

Banned
Amir0x said:
it's good to see people standing up against Uncharted series flaws. It's a decent-to-good series

I disagree, U2 is good-excellent depend on how much you don't mind linearity. (in my case i don't mind it at all; loved FFXIII)

Raonak said:
I disagree, U2 is good-excellent depend on how much you don't mind linearity. (in my case i don't mind it at all; loved FFXIII)

Hated FF13. I can stand UC's linearity because the game doesn't overstay its welcome at 8-10 hours. Same with CoD campaigns. FF13 is a 30 hour long corridor. That was the difference to me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I always find it strange when fans get all upperty at criticisms against the franchise for its extreme hand holding and linearity. I personally believe Naughty Dog is one of, if not the most talented developers when it comes to seamlessly blending a movie-like experience with the interactive medium of video games, but it does come at a price, and there's still room to expand the concept while retaining the same authentic blockbuster presentation, narrative and set pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom