• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robinspain said:
Playmania december issue (a very well known spanish magazine) has, as an exclusive, the very first review of Uncharted 3: 9.9/10 (it is the highest rate the magazine has given to any game)

Ohyou.jpg

Pranay

Mpl90 said:
No game will ever beat the 11/10 given to Galaxy by the Italian Official Nintendo Magazine.
NO GAME.
...9.9 is ridiculous as well, however :lol

uncharted 2 got 21/20 already

codhand

we-are-the-99.jpg

Majmun

Nostalgia~4ever said:
exclusive reviews - never trust them.

I usually never trust exclusive reviews. But the same happend with Uncharted 2. And that game has now an average score of 96 on Metacritic. And is one of the better games of this generation, imo.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Second said:
It was from a trollsite. Even Naughty Dog dismissed the review.

To the surprise of absolutely nobody, the site has been taken down:

vZLTV.png

And to think he spent a month re-posting articles and building a fake forum community.

Mpl90 said:
No game will ever beat the 11/10 given to Galaxy by the Italian Official Nintendo Magazine.
I seem to recall a Final Fantasy getting 12/10 in a UK magazine when I was at school. Can anyone confirm?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
They gave RDR 9.8 lol. Anyways, it will be interesting to see if it can outscore UC2 on Metacritic. Highly unlikely, but lets see.

Ricky_R

I remember how exciting waiting for reviews and reading them was at the beginning/middle of this gen.

Now, I hardly care and all i want is for them to release the damn game.

ahh who am I kidding??

Gustav

Banned
Pre-ordered today. Even got a free Sony bluetooth headset with it, thanks to amazon.de's awesome promotion.

Patapwn

Dyni Crippler said:
Oh boy, another misused vote.
9.9 should only be for true masterpieces, like Deus Ex 1.
I love Uncharted, but it's no 9.9.

We're talking about Uncharted 3 not Uncharted

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dyni Crippler said:

Why do you seem to believe that your opinion holds more weight than that of another?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Dyni Crippler said:
I love Deus Ex as much as the next guy, but it's a very janky game. It has loads of flaws yet is still amazing despite them. I could never claim it was a "perfect game". That is reserved for games that accomplished everything they needed to upon release and are completely polished even today. There are so many mechanics in DX that simply don't work all that well along with a lot of limitations.

Patapwn said:
We're talking about Uncharted 3 not Uncharted
I know, I was talking about the series.

JaseC said:
Why do you seem to believe that your opinion holds more weight than that of another?
Alright, should be a little more clear here.
A game that deserves 9.9 should be a game that leaves a mark, like Deus Ex did. I don't see Uncharted leaving the same impression of Deus Ex.
Dark got a point, too.

I'm somewhat concerned by what the game must have done wrong to miss out on the 1%. Might hold off on the day one purchase for now.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
dark10x said:
I love Deus Ex as much as the next guy, but it's a very janky game. It has loads of flaws yet is still amazing despite them. I could never claim it was a "perfect game". That is reserved for games that accomplished everything they needed to upon release and are completely polished even today. There are so many mechanics in DX that simply don't work all that well along with a lot of limitations.
Which is more amazing now a days to have a very solid game that is so very polished on the tech front. This is why it's very impressive because these days it's a lot more work to make these games great and perform to a score that is a 9.9.

It's obvious that more reviewers are (or at least should be) reviewing games on all their merits. Technical merits are what takes Uncharted into that category on it's own. ND, not enough kind words to describe that studio.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Dyni Crippler said:
Alright, should be a little more clear here.
A game that deserves 9.9 should be a game that leaves a mark, like Deus Ex did. I don't see Uncharted leaving the same impression of Deus Ex.
Dark got a point, too.
Yes, you're right, but you haven't played it so... I dunno how you can say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom