• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unpopular Metallica opinion

highrider

Banned
Says the guy shitposting in a metal thread in a gaming board. Pussy magnet god.

Truth hurts. It’s lame, been lame for many years. You’re too late. 70s was when you wanted to be a rock fan. And it’s hardly a statement about my own desirability or lack thereof to determine that my chances are better if there are actual women in a given location.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
I might try your track list but I thought Hardwired was kinda lame, got into Death Magnetic but feel like that's partially because of how often I played it in the Guitar Hero Metallica game.

Death Magnetic has my favourite Metallica song in the last 20 years (Unforgiven III), and All Nightmare Long and The Day That Never Comes are pretty good too.

But as a record, I think Hardwired has less low points and it's more consistent. I can enjoy the entire record from start to finish and that's something that doesn't happen with Death Magnetic for me.

Death Magnetic has my favourite Metallica song in the last 20 years (Unforgiven III), and All Nightmare Long and The Day That Never Comes are pretty good too.

But as a record, I think Hardwired has less low points and it's more consistent. I can enjoy the entire record from start to finish and that's something that doesn't happen with Death Magnetic for me.
I forgot Unforgiven 3 was DM. I love that song.

Jon Neu

Banned
Load is low key one of the best albums ever- cum at me.

It's certainly a pretty good album overall and extremely underrated. It has some awesome unique songs (Ronnie, Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn, King Nothing, Hero Of The Day, Until It Sleeps...).

If you took Fuel, The Memory Remains and The Unforgiven II from Re-Load and added them to Load, then you would have a masterpiece of an album.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
It's certainly a pretty good album overall and extremely underrated. It has some awesome unique songs (Ronnie, Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn, King Nothing, Hero Of The Day, Until It Sleeps...).

If you took Fuel, The Memory Remains and The Unforgiven II from Re-Load and added them to Load, then you would have a masterpiece of an album.

There’s a reason my username on GAF before NeoGAF was The Outlaw Torn. And Wasting My Hate’s main riff is the coolest bluesiest shit Hetfield ever laid down

edit:

fuck yeah they even played it recently

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
There’s a reason my username on GAF before NeoGAF was The Outlaw Torn. And Wasting My Hate’s main riff is the coolest bluesiest shit Hetfield ever laid down

edit:

fuck yeah they even played it recently

Wasting My Hate is another great song, the Load era was a very creative era.

If Metallica comes up with a new record, I would love something more Load based, with vintage amps and guitars.

Or A Garage Inc 2.

Top Bottom