• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Engine 3 already running on Xenon?

thorns

Banned
Interview with Tim Sweeney
http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/preview/28441

Other teams are also hard at work using his engine. "There are already several UE3 titles underway. We're developing our next-generation game, three teams are already using it in their development process, and a bunch of others are about to start," said Sweeney. Presumably one of these is Vanguard, a massively multiplayer RPG in development at Sigil Games. No doubt announcements on the rest are coming.

Which consoles? Sweeney was cagy. "We can't really announce anything right now -- I shouldn't really use the plural yet. We have the engine running really well on the development kit for one next-generation console." Draw your own conclusions, but thanks to the Unreal engine's strong PC heritage, we'd speculate it's Microsoft's Xbox successor. "We've really gone all-out to support the next-generation feature set," he continued.

Obviously the next - generation he's talking about MUST be Xenon if it is any of the big three.. Launch title anyone?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Well Xenon as at the moment high spec PC isnt it? None of the custom stuff is in the current dev kits, so i wouldnt be supprised if this was true.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Society said:
So is Xenon going to kill off PC gaming?

No. I actually think the two platforms will "merge". At least this is where the whole XNA project seems to lead to.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Ghost said:
Well Xenon as at the moment high spec PC isnt it?
Yes and no. No - it's not a Windows PC. Yes, since Mac is also a PC :p

ttp said:
No. I actually think the two platforms will "merge". At least this is where the whole XNA project seems to lead to.
Which would also serve to kill off console as a platform :p You know, "if you can't beat them, create a new market without them" kind of thing.

Sirolf

I can't wait to have Xenon!!
I have a very strong feeling that it will be "THE" next-generation hardware..With MS having a foot in the pc and consoles areas,we will see the best of both world.

shpankey

not an idiot
Ghost said:
Well Xenon as at the moment high spec PC isnt it? None of the custom stuff is in the current dev kits, so i wouldnt be supprised if this was true.

What PC do you have that has a 3.5 gHz triple cored IBM processor, that allows specific calls from the CPU to GPU and has a unified memory architecure? Cause I wanna buy one if it's out there.

Society said:
So is Xenon going to kill off PC gaming?
I would say yes, but not exactly how you think. Basically Xenon will replace the PC for gaming, because it will have VGA support natively and will probably come with keyboard and mouse support... thereby replacing the PC for many people.

MattCoz

shpankey said:
What PC do you have that has a 3.5 gHz triple cored IBM processor, that allows specific calls from the CPU to GPU and has a unified memory architecure? Cause I wanna buy one if it's out there.
He's talking about the DevKit which is simply a dual processor G5 system with an ATi X800.

Top Bottom