• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Democrats Vow to boycott Trumps HHS and Treasury picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
MJ Lee‏ @mj_lee

Sen. Hatch is furious about Dem boycott: "This is the most pathetic thing I've seen in my whole time in the United States Senate."

Lol the gop can't take their own medicine.

oh shut up, you stated this crap in the first place.

or as the GOP would say "Suck it up, buttercup"

LiK

yoona.gif

omg, so cute

Jobbs

Banned
Sen. Hatch is furious about Dem boycott: "This is the most pathetic thing I've seen in my whole time in the United States Senate."

These people were born without a shame gene.

I mean, that's obvious, but it's somehow still shocking that they can say stuff like this

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
But dems have already voted for a lot of the worst picks Trump made. What about them?

We already know the GOP are a hypocritical bunch, there's no point in acting like they feel shame.

Balphon

But dems have already voted for a lot of the worst picks Trump made. What about them?

We already know the GOP are a hypocritical bunch, there's no point in acting like they feel shame.

Not every committee needs members of the minority to make a quorum.

They're pushing parliamentary procedure about as far as it can go.

lmao @ Orrin Hatch complaining

they literally did exactly this to Obama under his orders

Seriously. Fuck them. Merrick Garland, highly respected on both sides, got completely ignored, no hearing/novote for over a year, and these scumbags have a leg to stand on?

But really, they're just riling up their fucked up base.

joe2187

Banned
Sean Spicer is talking right now about the boycott.

"History will remember this moment when democrats blocked the progress of Trumps administration"

yes, they will...but not the way you would like.

Otnopolit

"History will remember this moment when democrats blocked the progress of Trumps administration"

God, they're so daft. Plugging their ears to the people.

Blader

Trump's worst picks haven't even made it to the Senate floor yet.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
so can someone sum up whats happening? The OP states Dems have boycotted, but then later down page 1 people are saying there is voting taking place already?

joe2187

Banned
so can someone sum up whats happening? The OP states Dems have boycotted, but then later down page 1 people are saying there is voting taking place already?

Voting is taking place for Sessions and Devos, the HHS and Treasury are not yet I believe.

Is there a stream?

CNN has been having a "BREAKING NEWS" moment every 10 minutes since the morning began, too much shit to get a handle on right now.

Currently Sean Spicer is speaking to press, while Voting for Sessions and Devos are in progress.

I hope folks are pointing out to him the utter hypocrisy of that statement.

Indeed. All hoping, history will remember this moment as the time some American's stood up for what's right.

Blader

These are committee votes, to move nominees out of committee and into a full floor vote by the Senate.

joe2187

Banned
That would imply good journalism in America.

At one point a Journalist brought up how trump called it a ban on twitter.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/826060143825666051

Spicer said, that wasnt true.

They pressed that, specifically used the word ban on twitter

Spicer said that he was simply using the words the media used and that it wasnt a ban.

When pressed about the use of the word ban, he doubled down saying that it was the press who pressured Trump into using the word and that it is not a ban

It was extreme vetting. He then proceeded to speak over reporters and look for another question,

Snagret

oh shut up, you stated this crap in the first place.

or as the GOP would say "Suck it up, buttercup"
You should take a look at Trump's recent string of tweets. It's fucking disgusting how the GOP literally shut down the government as an obstructionist measure, and now suddenly the Dems are the ones ruining the government through obstructionism. I hope the people hold these fuckers accountable for this unfathomable level of hypocrisy.

Remember everyone, both sides

At one point a Journalist brought up how trump called it a ban on twitter.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/826060143825666051

Spicer said, that wasnt true.

They pressed that, specifically used the word ban on twitter

Spicer said that he was simply using the words the media used and that it wasnt a ban.

When pressed about the use of the word ban, he doubled down saying that it was the press who pressured Trump into using the word and that it is not a ban

It was extreme vetting. He then proceeded to speak over reporters and look for another question,

They didn't bring up Giuliani telling the story of Trump asking him how to go about banning Muslims "legally"?.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Glad to hear. At some point you have to try and take a stand when his nominees are not just awful unqualified morons, but also lying under oath about basic shit right in front of you.

joe2187

Banned
They did, he told them to go ask Giuliani rofl Spicer isn't going to last 6 months.

Guiliani is talking with Trump right now

"Thank you president Trump and I want to congratulate you for what is truly an astounding and historic first week as president"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom