• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] -- New Boxarts (MAY Edition) (56k, you know the drill)

B000809OOU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B000809OPO.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B00083HJ5I.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
game-questdirect_1843_9884952

246615.jpg
242844.jpg
255234.jpg

FallenOne666 said:
255234.jpg

That's cool considering they just announced it won't be coming out for current generation systems. :lol

According to people in anothre thread, they didn't actually say it wasn't comign out on current gen systems. They're just pushing the current gen releases back so they can launch with the next gen versions.

Andy787

Banned
Hmm, that new Coded Arms official? I rather liked the one EB has up.

255628.jpg

Oh well. And was SamSho 5 any good? I would love to pick that up on the cheap.

impirius

ARGKAHERKAJHRASRH

For a second, I thought that said Tetris DX.

Also, hooray for the return of yellow jersey numbers for NCAA 06.

Alex

I've never actually played a Samurai Shodown, I wonder if this one will be good to try? All I'm getting this month is Atelier Iris currently, however.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
No way are SS5 and KOF '94 Rebout coming out any time soon. :) I thought that Coded Arms ships in June?

Alex said:
I've never actually played a Samurai Shodown, I wonder if this one will be good to try? All I'm getting this month is Atelier Iris currently, however.

Holy SHIT, you're kidding!

Right?

...Right? :D

Get yourself an emulator and play Samurai Shodown II. It's the best in the series. SS5 was okay IMO; better than SS4, but it needed some work, which it got in the form of SS5 Special. SNK, for whatever reason, has decided to only bring out SS5 to consoles. Special is definitely better and it is ridiculous that they aren't porting that to Xbox instead, especially when SS5 came out for PS2 in Japan last July.

The SS5 port itself received little enhancment. All they did was give it an arranged soundtrack (which has some nice remixes) and make the midbosses playable. No background or sprite enhancements like the KOF games have been getting. :/

Anyanka

I didn't know Rebout is coming to the US. Great. Wait, why am I hyped for this lame rehash?

Regular SS V is LAME. I think I'm gonna give up and buy the cart.

Why does it take SNK 20 years to release this stuff in the us?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Anyanka said:
I didn't know Rebout is coming to the US. Great. Wait, why am I hyped for this lame rehash?

Yeah, it's just KOF '94. NOTHING is new other than Saishyu (KOF '95 sprite) being added along with a team edit feature. But the game is KOF '94. It looks much better, but unfortunately has the exact same animation. I don't understand why they are bothering even bringing it out here; it's not going to sell and $30 is too high.

I'll get SSV on Xbox (despite having SS5 Special emulated on it already) since the PS2 version suffers from inexcusably-long load times, but I think having Rebout on PS2 is enough KOF '94 for me.

Regular SS V is LAME. I think I'm gonna give up and buy the cart.

Don't. The PS2/XBox version is still better if just for the arranged music. Get SSV Special on cart instead since it appears it has no chance of being released at home now.

Why does it take SNK 20 years to release this stuff in the us?

Depends on the game, really. Maximum Impact was only a few months after the Japanese release. Metal SLug 3 for Xbox was a simultaneous release IIRC. (Although the PS2 version hit Japan about a year earlier)

Anyanka

Don't. The PS2/XBox version is still better if just for the arranged music. Get SSV Special on cart instead since it appears it has no chance of being released at home now.

I meant buy the Special cart. I've got regular V for PS2. I've been hoping and waiting for a Special port.

I wonder if the US Xbox version will have a proper translation. I heard the Neo version just got rid of all the cutscenes on the English setting.

It just seems like a lot of the time they'll annouce something and they'll even have abox art and release date then for no reason it'll get delayed for months. Like Slug 4+5....

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
SSV felt off when I played it. Probably gonna avoid unfortunately.

I've always been partial to SS4 myself. SS2 has always been the fan fav, but SS4 cranks up the speed(SS2 is pretty sluggish nowadays), builds on the movesets, nearly doubles the roster count(Bust/Slash differences), and is generally kick-fukkin ass cool. SS4 Saturn is easilly one of the most heavilly played game's in my library during that era.

How is rebout? nm, Lyte answered above.

What the hell, am I that out of the loop that I didn't know NCAA 2006 AND MAT3 are coming out this month?

Crap, along with Wario Ware Twisted, I'm going to have to find me some cash.

opkal

Makai Kingdom box looks pretty good.

That Tetris DS box made me realize how I never liked when N64 games were called (gamename) 64 I hope this doesn’t happen with a lot of DS titles. Though that also makes me wonder if companies will start doing it for Xbox360.

ChrisReid

Pedigree Chum said:
They're still using the same shit green cases. White or transparent would've been oh so hot.

I've grown to love the lime green cases. The white border on top instead of black is hot.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I'd just like to chime in and say the box art isnt the only nice thing about the american version of makai kingdom

could Jarrod or any other list person put up US release calendars for the different systems?

I'm interested in Coded Arms, but admittedly haven't heard much about it.

Andy787

Banned
190145b.jpg

Sold.

tc_box.jpg

Sold.

Popo300.jpg

Sold. I love this box art, I'm so glad they didn't change it. Beautiful. Now I can only hope they've improved the game (or, can you even "improve" ghosting?), and then I will be set. Can't wait for some JRPG goodness on my PSP.

Also, is AC Formula Front really a bad game, or just bad if you're looking for a traditional Armored Core? Because it looks so nice. :(

Soul4ger

I'm buying so many games in this thread, it makes me nauseous. Am I the only one buying all the SNK games on Xbox, just because? :(

Top Bottom