• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2024 Edition

Chittagong

Gold Member
We started the 2023 gaming setup thread coming out of pandemic, and heading towards a recession. So far, the recession never happened. PSVR2 was released, but almost like the supposed recession, it was hard to tell whether it happened. There were two or three in last year’s thread, including mine.

As we are heading into 2024, we don’t have too many new things to expect in gaming setups. We may see a lone Apple Vision Pro if we have any ballers around. At this point, we have no idea if a new Nintendo console will arrive in 2024 or what shape it may take, but it may be announced and be part of peoples setups in this thread. An Xbox refresh may surface, or they may can it to accelerate the next generation.

The original gaming setup thread

Since 2004, this GAF original thread has created an ever evolving snapshot of what it looks like to play video games in [current_year]. It’s an unprecedented archive of evolving gaming culture, consumerism and home interiors around the world.

Previous threads

2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2023

What gaming in 2023 looked like

The setup you want for a racing game - zephiross

LGxX50L.jpg

Arcade, with ashtrays matching cabinets - EVAWINGZERO

tkMkUAL.jpg

Yoooo……. - gameroomtheater

z1dc2WP.jpg

Everything is correct - Bartski

k6q4oIj.jpg

We are all growing up - Neilg

PXL-20230422-163213755.jpg

FAQs

How do I upload pics?
Use the +Image button below. In case it's not working for some reason, Abload.de is pretty good too. On iPhone, you may need to hit the image size and set it to Large instead of Maximum

My setup is cluttered, I don't want to post it!
Just do it! Seeing collections of hundreds of games, figures, art is a lot of fun. We have seen all kinds over the years.

Can I post other rooms and non-gaming stuff? Kitchen? Garage? Cars? Audio gear? Bondage cave?
Yes! While it's good to lead with gaming setups, feel free to follow with a broader look. If you post a lot of non-gaming pictures, please use a spoiler tag. Some people enjoy peeking into people's different lives around the world. We tried having a separate cribs thread back in 2011, but redundancy with this thread meant the concept didn't take off alone.

What's going on with your setup?
We are fortunate to have three homes where we split our year. Well, the primary home is still underway. I will post an updated collage later, but here are my previous posts.

Last edited:

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Looking forward to updating this thread in a few weeks. Waiting on something to arrive and then I'll re-arrange the rooms before posting some snaps! Loving the photos so far peeps!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
How's the C2 42 at that distance?

I tried using it as my desk display but it gave me headaches and was unusable for FPS games.
Hey that’s 48” c1.
I have it for over 2 years now.
Only really took 2-3 days to get used to size.
Most internet browsing is done in a window anyway. Gaming is great. You can lean back with controller or immerse very up close with mouse and keyboard. I even played some
Bf5 and sniping was obviously easier. Finished many games this way and it was almost like vr at first lol. Great for horror games with lights turned off.
42 would probably be a bit better but 42” panels are a bit dimmer and have weird long feet that would interfere with mouse. If mine broke I would just get c3 48”

Last edited:

gameroomtheater

Neo Member
Well like each year it's been a fun hobby upgrading this place and 2023 was no different lots of tweaks full sound system and speaker upgrade in the theater, PC setup in the office upstairs was updated, along with lighting enhancements and a couple more UST laser projectors. In 2024 so far I plan to swap out the entertainment unit with an in built UST screen and a automated from for the laser projector, 3 racing rigs coming, custom large arcade and will finally remove some of the small arcades. Also removing foosball to make room for the racing rigs. Lastly for the theater I plan to upgrade all four subs that are in there. If you'd like to join me on the journey find me on instagram as I document it all at gameroomtheater (same name on instagram and Tiktok)
oeSe0xs.jpg
NpuaePY.jpg
QOXhJNp.jpg
NvJig4L.jpg
Ykkj9dB.jpg
6udvDH6.jpg
bk7TxQd.jpg
S9PMERB.jpg
n7KOIUj.jpg
y0ZVhJQ.jpg
v5Z4Mct.jpg
aBJ3N4h.jpg
mtndYhO.jpg
TarhREd.jpg

R6Rider

Gold Member
Actually in the process of changing my gaming room around.

New curtains, removing a small desk I used for working from home. Changing my TV "table stand" to a TV stand with some glass doors. Getting a new record player shelf/stand too.

Once it's all good enough for a picture, I'll have to remember to post some here.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Well like each year it's been a fun hobby upgrading this place and 2023 was no different lots of tweaks full sound system and speaker upgrade in the theater, PC setup in the office upstairs was updated, along with lighting enhancements and a couple more UST laser projectors. In 2024 so far I plan to swap out the entertainment unit with an in built UST screen and a automated from for the laser projector, 3 racing rigs coming, custom large arcade and will finally remove some of the small arcades. Also removing foosball to make room for the racing rigs. Lastly for the theater I plan to upgrade all four subs that are in there. If you'd like to join me on the journey find me on instagram as I document it all at gameroomtheater (same name on instagram and Tiktok)
oeSe0xs.jpg
NpuaePY.jpg
QOXhJNp.jpg
NvJig4L.jpg
Ykkj9dB.jpg
6udvDH6.jpg
bk7TxQd.jpg
S9PMERB.jpg
n7KOIUj.jpg
y0ZVhJQ.jpg
v5Z4Mct.jpg
aBJ3N4h.jpg
mtndYhO.jpg
TarhREd.jpg
who ther fuck are you people.
wtf

Topher

Gold Member
oeSe0xs.jpg
NpuaePY.jpg
QOXhJNp.jpg
NvJig4L.jpg
Ykkj9dB.jpg
6udvDH6.jpg
bk7TxQd.jpg
S9PMERB.jpg
n7KOIUj.jpg
y0ZVhJQ.jpg
v5Z4Mct.jpg
aBJ3N4h.jpg
mtndYhO.jpg
TarhREd.jpg

Jealousy GIF by The Roku Channel

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
oeSe0xs.jpg
NpuaePY.jpg
QOXhJNp.jpg
NvJig4L.jpg
Ykkj9dB.jpg
6udvDH6.jpg
bk7TxQd.jpg
S9PMERB.jpg
n7KOIUj.jpg
y0ZVhJQ.jpg
v5Z4Mct.jpg
aBJ3N4h.jpg
mtndYhO.jpg
TarhREd.jpg
Cheers Drinking GIF by BBC

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
So jealous of you lot and your dedicated gaming rooms, I as I expect many of us old farts have to make do with gaming in our living rooms :-(

I'm hoping to get stuck into my garage Home Cinema/Arcade conversion this year... No doubt the wife will find another excuse to soak up the cash for somewhere else FFS

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’ll take a pic of mine when I get home. My living room still hasn’t recovered since Christmas morning with my 3 kids though.

Top Bottom