• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PS Store 10th Anniversary Sale Week 1- Bloodborne, Old Hunters, PS2 Classics

SpecX

Buying the following on PS4:

Heavy Rain + Beyond Two Souls Collection $15.99
Far Cry 4 + Zombi Bundle $24.99
Bully $9.89

Haven't played Heavy Rain in forever and wanted to play BTS, but it came out too late in the generation. Far Cry has been on my radar forever, so easy buy there and it will be nice to revisit Bully. Funny enough, I found my Bully ball from the original PS2 collection. Put some air in it and gave it to my kids to play with.

rackham

Banned
I want.old.hunters dlc but don't have the money or time to play it anyways

Think it will be on sale again or possibly cheaper in the future?

Always christmas sales m8. I know you don't want to hear it but it's worth full price. great dlc.
I'm thrown between getting SoTN now or wait for DXC to be on a sale.

It was just on sale for very cheap. It will likely be a while before it's on sale again. definitely pick up SotN

reKon

Banned
What's the average gameplay length for old hunters?

Do I have to have the Bloodborne Disc inserted to play it?

(I haven't started Bloodborne yet, lol).

What's the average gameplay length for old hunters?

Do I have to have the Bloodborne Disc inserted to play it?

(I haven't started Bloodborne yet, lol).

Depends on how tough of a time you have. I was stuck on the first boss for hours. I'd bet if you take that out, it took me around 15ish hours to beat the whole thing? Maybe 20? It's very meaty.

You can't play The Old Hunter separately. It's integrated into the main game, so you would have to have the disc in.

woodypop

I'd like to have a car combat game to play on PSTV. Trying to decide between the original Twisted Metal, and Twisted Metal 2. Can anyone provide some helpful advice?

Oneself

I'd like to have a car combat game to play on PSTV. Trying to decide between the original Twisted Metal, and Twisted Metal 2. Can anyone provide some helpful advice?
The original isn't really good. The only thing better than TM2, IMO, is TM Black.

First boss in Old Hunters....yeah have fun with that bastard. Took me around 30 tries on my most recent character (Bloodtinge) build and I though I was decent at the game too. That fight is a wall I imagine that some might never pass depending on their skill. Makes me nervous just thinking about it.

The satisfaction after beating was unbelievable though. ^_^

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Picking up The Old Hunters, but I suspect I'm going to have a hard time getting back into the game after so long.

Vita Deals worth buying:

Dino Crisis $1.97
Parasite Eve $1.97
Xcom Enemy Uknown $4.99
Grandia $1.97
The Misadventures of Tronne Bonne $1.97

Just about finished up Xcom for Vita

Amazing game. Load times and stutters very present but probably the best Strategy game i've played in a long time

Owzers

I never played the first xcom and am about to start xcom 2 PS4. Is the vita game worth playing after xcom 2?

The End

How's the metal slug collection?

I'm seeing some things that say that it's 1) limited to 1080i and 2) doesn't use the new PS2 emu so no trophies

I want Bloodborne but I'm a pussy lmao

I haven't finished it yet, actually. Ended up on a boss (spoilered for those that haven't played it)
Micolash
and just never got back to it, but I want to.

The combat is so satisfying. You're rewarded for not backing away, and for fighting back.

Zaheer

You waited for a discount for dlc of a game you didn't have to begin with?

Yeah, why not? I knew a discount for it would happen sooner or later in the year. Wasn't in a hurry to play the main game and figured the price for it would be lower than what it was at the time once the DLC went on sale.

Syril

Hmm, Grandia 3 for $4 is tempting just because the battles were at their peak there...

Are the story parts easy to skip past?

I hope Disney's Hercules gets to be part of next week's sales.

Also want to buy Bloodborne but the difficulty worries me. I don't want to spend countless hours on just the first boss...

Syril

I hope Disney's Hercules gets to be part of next week's sales.

Also want to buy Bloodborne but the difficulty worries me. I don't want to spend countless hours on just the first boss...
Difficulty on those games always seems to vary by person. I could never really get into Dark Souls but I had a pretty smooth ride with Salt & Sanctuary, while I've seen some people say the opposite.

woodypop

Picked up several PS1 games to load onto my PSTV:

Twisted Metal 2
Chronotrigger
Grandia
Xenogears

Couldn't pass them up for $2 a pop!

Ugh. Why can't Heavy Rain be discounted separately? I mean, yes, I know the bundle is still cheaper than buying the game by itself, but I shouldn't have to pay for Beyond Two Souls again.

Top Bottom