• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PS Store 10th Anniversary Sale Week 1- Bloodborne, Old Hunters, PS2 Classics

MrT-Tar

Is Grandia III worth a purchase?

I absolutely love the first game (it's definitely in my top 3 5th gen RPGs) and have the second game on GOG, but haven't played it yet.

I honestly don't know much about the game, partly as I'm from the UK and I don't think it ever released here.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Thinking about picking up the Metal Slug Anthology on PS4 for $8.

Anything to know before I take the plunge?

Wish I could get Beyond: TS at a discount without Heavy Rain since I already own/finished that. I'd bite if it was half the price of the bundle.

Thinking about picking up the Metal Slug Anthology on PS4 for $8.

Anything to know before I take the plunge?
Some people say that there is input lag, some say there isn't. I liked it a lot! It's a great collection of games! Just get ready to die a lot. But don't worry you can continue right where you left off.

5taquitos

suikoden 3 (PS2 classic) worth it at $4? (no PS+)

definitely gonna grab xenogears at $3

It's my favorite one after 2. It's a significant departure mechanics-wise, but it's fantastic and the characters are great. It's a bit of a slow burn at the beginning though.

kitzkozan

Old Hunters, Finally!

^___________^

I almost cracked several time during the month of October, since I was searching for stuff to buy to get to 100$. Good thing I resisted the urge, and Metal Slug anthology + The last blade 2 on discount is a bonus.

I might as well be patient for the eventual discount on Gravity Rush remastered. ^_^

jholmes

I wish we had more than just PS4 in the OP, I'm thinking I'll grab Grandia but I don't know what else I'm missing and the damn website won't load properly. (It keeps just showing me PS4 games... I already know which of those are on sale and I don't care!)

ReBurn

Gold Member
I wish we had more than just PS4 in the OP, I'm thinking I'll grab Grandia but I don't know what else I'm missing and the damn website won't load properly. (It keeps just showing me PS4 games... I already know which of those are on sale and I don't care!)

The website just went down for me. Getting Site Not Available message.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Did they ever fix The Last Blade 2 (parallax/effects missing/etc.)? Because that game is incredible...

EDIT: the page of the sale is working now

Sale will be here but not fully live yet
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSSTORE10SALELP

Its starting to go up, prices for PS Plus subs

PS4

Bloodborne Complete Edition $19.99

So it's the EU GOTY Edition basically (full game + TOH dlc), right?
Time to hit the b/s/t for a $20 US PSN card if so...
btw, when does the sale end?

Edit: FUCK it's for PS+ subscribers? :/ what are the prices of those two games sans PS+ membership?

ChrisD

Old Hunters is definitely going to be mine. Guess I'm replaying Bloodborne!

(NG+ kind of sucks imo lol, so total replay it is)

autoduelist

How is Siren? I absolutely loved the Siren on PS3, but then bought Siren ps2 for my ps3 right before they announced ps4s get their 'own' trophy ps2 games. Since i already bought it, i'm struggling to commit to rebuying it, but my ps3 isn't hooked up.

Is beyond two souls and heavy rain worth $15? I've seen these games mentioned a lot but I have no idea about either of them except they play like Telltale's games, right?

Btw i really enjoy the TT games.

I really liked Heavy Rain, and I don't even like TT games. In HR, you explore, investigate, make some major decisions, and need to do some QTEs to get through certain areas; the better you do, the better your character does. It feels more 'realistic' to me than TT games, but I suppose they're ultimately more similar than different. I'm considering getting them at this price even though I already played HR on ps3.

How are Wild Arms 3 and Rogue Galaxy? I'm in the mood for a good PS2 era jrpg.

Rogue Galaxy is fantastic until it isn't. Great setting, fun combat, fun characters. But there are -so- many deep systems, and it's reallllly easy to burn out on. For example, each region has [optional] hunter marks where you need to kill x of this creature, y of that creature. Some creatures only spawn in certain areas, some are quite rare. I 'feel the need' to hunt everything down before i move on, and this can be burnout inducing. there's a cool leveling system, but then, eventually, you open up a 'factory' for crafting, which is another huge time sink. Oh, there's also bug collecting [or something like that] with even more mechanics. i've bought, played, and sold the game at least 3 times, and have never beat the game... i burn out on something every time [most recently, the factory mechanics]. I hate complaining about 'too much content', but in this case it's... too much grindy content if you are compelled to check every box in a game.

Apdiddy

Are the prices for Rocket League DLC blanked out for everyone or is it just me? I had gotten Rocket League when it was a PS+ game, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

Natels

Are the prices for Rocket League DLC blanked out for everyone or is it just me? I had gotten Rocket League when it was a PS+ game, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

It's the same for me too.

Really wanted Dominus

I almost cracked several time during the month of October, since I was searching for stuff to buy to get to 100$. Good thing I resisted the urge, and Metal Slug anthology + The last blade 2 on discount is a bonus.

I might as well be patient for the eventual discount on Gravity Rush remastered. ^_^

Yeah! *fist bump*

I would absolutely not budge and buy this game for full price when I could have had it day one for the same.

The 7.99 price is just a sweet, sweet treat. Didn't think it would be so low!

poodaddy

I picked up Siren and Xcom for Vita. On the subject of the latter, is it a good port? I mean I guess I should have asked before impulse purchasing it but hell, better late than never and all that -_-

Ravage

Great sale, though it's too bad neither Dark Clouds are in the list.

Instant bought Rogue Galaxy, Wild Arms 3, Grandia 3 and Suikoden 3 lol.

krae_man

The Store on launch was better then the current store. Even if you were viewing it on a 480i TV.

I'm baffled the current store still exists.

Also sad no Gripshift on the list.

wilstreak

How Beyond two souls graphic stack up again Until Dawn?

I am willing to bet Uncharted Collection will be on sale next week.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I picked up Siren and Xcom for Vita. On the subject of the latter, is it a good port? I mean I guess I should have asked before impulse purchasing it but hell, better late than never and all that -_-
Aside from some stuttering and I believe loading times, it's a fantastic port of an amazing game.

ZoronMaro

I'm eyeballing PS1 RPGs

How's FF Origins? I've always wanted to play more of the older games, but is the PS1 update a good one?

Also what is Legend of Dragoon?

I might get Grandia too, but if the battle system is really like Child of Light, then I'm not going to like that game.

How's FF Origins? I've always wanted to play more of the older games, but is the PS1 update a good one?

FF Origins is arguably the definitive version of FF1 and 2. Plenty of QOL, graphical, and musical improvements (the arranged soundtrack is heavenly) making them more in-line with the 90s games. It has a Normal mode which is similar to the original in terms of difficulty and an Easy mode that lowers shop prices, level-up requirements, and raises stat boosts. And unlike FFV and VI, absolutely no loading times. It's an excellent way to play FFI. Just modern enough to not be as clunky as the NES version, but the difficulty is preserved better than on GBA and PSP so the experience remains authentic.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm eyeballing PS1 RPGs

Also what is Legend of Dragoon?

I might get Grandia too, but if the battle system is really like Child of Light, then I'm not going to like that game.

Legend of Dragoon is your traditional PS1 era RPG. The big thing about combat is that you time hits to do larger combos and each character has their own combos and timings. Its worth a try if youre a fan of classic turn bases JRPGs.

ZoronMaro

Legend of Dragoon is your traditional PS1 era RPG. The big thing about combat is that you time hits to do larger combos and each character has their own combos and timings. Its worth a try if youre a fan of classic turn bases JRPGs.

Timings like in a Mario RPG style or something more complicated like Valkiria Chronicles? Sounds like something I'd like.

Also glad to hear about FF Origins I'll definitely pick that up, thanks guys.

When do we receive that money for spending $100 last month?

Anyone have an idea when we get our $15 back?

Generally 2 to 4 months after end of promotional period, so keep an eye out for the email and wallet funds in about 1.5 to 3 months.

By next Tuesday, November 15. Of course, that means it could be too late for this sale. Might be a close call since Sony tends to send out the codes at the last minute (if at all; I didn't get my discount code from the summer promotion and had to call support for it).

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/spend-100-get-15-terms-and-conditions/

Top Bottom