• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

V Rising 1.0 | Review Thread

Draugoth

Gold Member
v-rising-1-0-q-a-stunlock-on-the-future-of-the-hit-vampire-v0-SM14YpxRhc1d6FL2_YM0jIybqhkP8Nuq9n3MKfmAX6A.jpg

Game Title: V Rising

Platforms:
  • PC (May 7, 2024)
Trailers:

Developer: Stunlock Studios

BAmrQ0S.png

Critic Reviews

Wccftech - 9.0/10
V Rising may not have the deepest survival game mechanics around, but that is hardly a problem. The experience crafted by Stunlock Studios manages to masterfully weave together mechanics from very different genres to provide an experience like any other on the market. While solo players may find the experience becoming a little stale over time, everyone else will find plenty of reasons to remain in this world, whether it's to perfect their characters or build the most haunting vampire castle ever seen.
CGMegazine - 9.0/1.0
V Rising redefines the survival genre with its enthralling vampiric twist and rich, gothic landscapes, proving that being a vampire has never been more captivating.
GamesSkinny; 9.0/10.0
Stunlock Studios has created a smash hit in V Rising. Not only is it a solid survival game, but it introduces creative mechanics to the genre that often depends on tried and true practices. The narrative is primed with areas the dev team can expand into, which I’m really looking forward to.
IGN: 9.0/10.0
V Rising has been nicely polished up during its dark slumber in Early Access, allowing it to fully rise to the occasion with its excellent boss design and challenging ARPG combat. Keeping the killing rays of the sun and your dwindling blood supply as ongoing concerns is effective and evocative in selling the vampire fantasy, as is the ability to craft the sprawling, spooky estates of my nightmares. And the huge amount of customization available when setting up your own private server practically eliminates the need to do chores that are timed to real-world days in a way that only really makes sense for playing with a larger clan and having those timers going even when you're not online. Arise, ye children of the night, and sink your teeth into one of the best ARPGs – and one of the best vampire games, in general – of this moonlit age.
GamesGrin: 8.5/10.0
V Rising makes being a vampire fun, with a great feeling of being both predator and prey. With plenty of challenges to face, both from the world and other players, alone or with friends.
MMORPG: 8.0/10.0
V Rising has many elements that keep things fun, engaging, and easy to get lost in for literal days at a time. The full launch might bring a lot of old players back, as it brings new content and massive amounts of new crafting tables, bosses, features I won’t mention for the sake of spoilers, and just better quality-of-life features than the early access version.

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

Haven't played since the first month or so of early access. Happy to see it hit 1.0. Games like Satisfactory, while I enjoy it, has been in early access for a good 6-7 years?

Will have to check this out.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Time to reinstall. I tried EA and liked it but didn’t go balls deep into it.

RaptorGTA

Sad this thread will be buried on the second page now with the recent news...
oh? about what?

Ive seen this game pop up a few times....been tempted to try it out. Anyone play on it on PC with controller support? How does it do?

TwinB242

Im gonna give this a try. I understand this release is adding some additional server settings/configurations to make the game less grindy and more approachable for people who only want to play solo on their own PvE instance?

If anyone here who has experience with this game can shed some light on this that would great.

nikos

Ready for this. Haven't played since the day it released in Early Access. Need to figure out which type of server to play on.

GymWolf

Wait, this thing is a survival game? I thought it was just an isometric hack and slash with some base building.

GymWolf

Is not survival. Base building and boss
I saw footage of trash mobs fighting aswell...is that a small part of the game compared to just fighting bosses? Boss rush only is not exactly my cup of tea...
And for the base building, is it something that you only do for aesthetic so you can just ignore it, or it has functional stuff and you NEED to upgrade your base to get throught the game?

The more i hear about the game the more i lose interest, i thought the core of the game was just the isometric hack and slash part...

Thanks.

geary

I saw footage of trash mobs fighting aswell...is that a small part of the game compared to just fighting bosses? Boss rush only is not exactly my cup of tea...
And for the base building, is it something that you only do for aesthetic so you can just ignore it, or it has functional stuff and you NEED to upgrade your base to get throught the game?

The more i hear about the game the more i lose interest, i thought the core of the game was just the isometric hack and slash part...

Thanks.
You build your base and then unlock bosses to fight. Meanwhile you collect resources by killing trash, cutting trees and smashing stones. It has milestones in base building to unlock bosses and killing bosses unlocks new base building receipes.
I has a satisfying loop of build>boss>build>boss progression. These are the 2 main pillars of the gameplay loop.

Last edited:

GymWolf

You build you base and then unlock bosses to fight. Meanwhile you collect resources by killing trash, cutting trees and smashing stones. It has milestones in base building to unlock bosses and killing bosses unlocks new base building receipes.
I has a satisfying loop of build>boss>build>boss progression. These are the 2 main pillars of the gameplay loop.
Oh ok, well it's not my type of game then, thanks for the clarification.

geary

Oh ok, well it's not my type of game then, thanks for the clarification.
You should give it a chance. You can tailor the settings to your playstyle...This game has 57 bosses and the end game ones are some of the best in an isometric game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom