• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

V Rising coming to PS5 on June 11th

Fabieter

Weird that they didn't wait with the 1.0 if it's just four weeks off for ps5. Our group is already playing since the start. Since no one knew when the console version is dropping we started a new game in may and some of our console only friends lost interest now.

Some of those devs clearly don't give a fuck about consoles. It's even 15% more expensive on consoles.

Last edited:
Console only friends, get this fucking game.

It's the lovechild of Diablo and Minecraft that named their baby Castlevania.

Gameplay loop (PVE server) Kill boss to get better skils/recipes to build a better castle to get better gear to then kill even stronger bosses to get better skils/recipes to build an even better castle to get even better gear. This is basically become your own Dracula simulator.

Gaemplay loop (PVP server) The same but some rando is going to fuck up your day if you don't fuck up theirs.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Console only friends, get this fucking game.

It's the lovechild of Diablo and Minecraft that named their baby Castlevania.

Gameplay loop (PVE server) Kill boss to get better skils/recipes to build a better castle to get better gear to then kill even stronger bosses to get better skils/recipes to build an even better castle to get even better gear. This is basically become your own Dracula simulator.

Gaemplay loop (PVP server) The same but some rando is going to fuck up your day if you don't fuck up theirs.
asked about but ill ask you too, would it be good with a controller?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
asked about but ill ask you too, would it be good with a controller?
I played recent pc launch on controller.

Combat you’re fine but building, like most games, is a game and exercise in it self to get to correct menus.

It all works but it is cumbersome.

Luipadre

I really hope they will improve the controller support, because currently the camera movement is awful. Just let us use the right stick for it. You need to rotate the camera a lot of times in this game during combat too and the way it currently works is just awful

Luipadre

At present, no.

Camera controls are appalling. As in ‘how could anyone think this is a good idea’ bad.
Can we expect any improvements? Tbh im just waiting with my purchase until its fixed. Hope the devs are listening to feedback

Ogbert

Can we expect any improvements? Tbh im just waiting with my purchase until its fixed. Hope the devs are listening to feedback
I wouldn’t bank on it. Taken them years to implement controller on PC. They tend not to rush.

Strange company. It’s a good game but they seem determined to muck up the controls.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
1 month is fantastic for a new game. Would have preferred day and date but smaller studios can't really do this. I wouldn't play it on PC day 1 anyway since it's going to have bugs and patches hopefully they fix them for the PS5 release.

DAY 1 for me on PS5

llLeonhart

Almost got it on PC, but wanted it on console. Would this play ok with controller?
Most likely, there aren't many abilities to use, not a lot of weapons either, Also helps that you can mine with any weapon, (but usually you'd want mace for rocks and axe for trees)

After seeing the comments about camera controls, oof. Might not be worth a pick up on console after all. I'll try it with a controller later this week on PC to get a feeling.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I'm gonna ask again here, can i ignore the castle building part completely?

Like ok i have to farm materials to build stuff to create more loot, i'm ok with that, but i'm not forced to care about my castle right? can i keep it super basic and only have an angle where to build the machines that create more loot right?

Like can i just play this thing like an open world action rpg with a bit of farming?

Fabieter

Like ok i have to farm materials to build stuff to create more loot, i'm ok with that, but i'm not forced to care about my castle right? can i keep it super basic and only have an angle where to build the machines that create more loot right?

Like can i just play this thing like an open world action rpg with a bit of farming?

I mean you can but it doesn't make any sense. I guide you through a "main quest" where it gives you an idea what to do next. It makes sense to follow that.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I mean you can but it doesn't make any sense. I guide you through a "main quest" where it gives you an idea what to do next. It makes sense to follow that.
I honestly don't understand what you mean.

Is the plot, combat or progression related to how good your castle look?

Last edited:

drotahorror

Yes you can do that. Only one time did I even attempt to build a decent castle. Other times I only built essentials in a giant room for convenience.
I made it to end game in the game's early access state.

no

Last edited:

Fabieter

It gives you a general idea what to do next. And some of the stuff you build is linked to your progression.

I didnt read it properly. You can do it super basic tho.

Last edited:

You are going to need to build up the castle if only to store your stuff, process mats, and build your gear, but you could just make it like a simple, one massive rectangular room where you line everything up along the wall for convenience to interact with it. You don't need to get into the cosmetics.

I think that's what many people do to a degree to speedrun progression.

Without getting too into the weeds, there are some drawbacks for making your castle too basic. Basically, separating crafting tables into their own room decreases materials cost for things like having all forge/weapon things in their own room and then another room for alchemy tables, etc, etc.

Last edited:
Apparently the devs updated the game for an option to map the right analog stick to rotating the camera. I have a controller for my pc and will give it a try. I still see a lot of issues with this given directional attacks and spells. It's a better solution for console or pc controller players but not really the silver bullet. Some user feedback sounds promising like pressing on the stick to either turn the camera or toggling on the turn.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Apparently the devs updated the game for an option to map the right analog stick to rotating the camera. I have a controller for my pc and will give it a try. I still see a lot of issues with this given directional attacks and spells. It's a better solution for console or pc controller players but not really the silver bullet. Some user feedback sounds promising like pressing on the stick to either turn the camera or toggling on the turn.

wtf really? If that is the case im buying the game tomorrow

wtf really? If that is the case im buying the game tomorrow
Looks that way: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1604030?emclan=103582791469988961&emgid=4165345869840228308

Gamepad
  • A new control layout has been implemented. The new layout favors a more convenient camera control that better mimics the right mouse button on the PC. Both Weapon Skill 1 and 2 are on double inputs in order to make this control layout work.
  • L2 is the Camera Modifier, and the Right Stick controls the camera.
  • Players may rotate the camera while using the primary attack at the same time (R2).
  • L2 + R1 to trigger Weapon Skill 1.
  • R2 + L1 to trigger Weapon Skill 2.
  • North Face Button (Triangle / Y) as shortcut to Build Menu.
  • Players may now select control layout in the Option Menu and can choose between the new control layout and the old control layout.
  • Some ability slots have been moved to new slots on shapeshifts such as Toad and Siege Golem to make sure both control layouts work properly.

Luipadre

Looks that way: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1604030?emclan=103582791469988961&emgid=4165345869840228308

Gamepad
  • A new control layout has been implemented. The new layout favors a more convenient camera control that better mimics the right mouse button on the PC. Both Weapon Skill 1 and 2 are on double inputs in order to make this control layout work.
  • L2 is the Camera Modifier, and the Right Stick controls the camera.
  • Players may rotate the camera while using the primary attack at the same time (R2).
  • L2 + R1 to trigger Weapon Skill 1.
  • R2 + L1 to trigger Weapon Skill 2.
  • North Face Button (Triangle / Y) as shortcut to Build Menu.
  • Players may now select control layout in the Option Menu and can choose between the new control layout and the old control layout.
  • Some ability slots have been moved to new slots on shapeshifts such as Toad and Siege Golem to make sure both control layouts work properly.

i just saw it. While the camera controls sounds good, those skill controls sounds awkward.

i just saw it. While the camera controls sounds good, those skill controls sounds awkward.
Yeah, the whole L2 and R1 and then R2 and L1 is going to require a lot of focus to remember which is which during the first couple boss battles.

If you check out the feedback forum, lots of users are offering ideas. Hopefully they get this all more streamlined ahead of console launch.

Kb+M is golden but it's a damn shame if console and controller can't get the same smooth play.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Yeah, the whole L2 and R1 and then R2 and L1 is going to require a lot of focus to remember which is which during the first couple boss battles.

If you check out the feedback forum, lots of users are offering ideas. Hopefully they get this all more streamlined ahead of console launch.

Kb+M is golden but it's a damn shame if console and controller can't get the same smooth play.

I heard if you just press the triangle once on the original controls it autocenters the camera behind the players back. Its sounds decent enough. Definitely better than having to hold and rotate with the triggers

Top Bottom