• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn leaving PS+ May 21st (speculation a remake announcement is coming)

nial

Gold Member
I still believe this is just an enhanced remaster and yeah, date checks out. This is mostly to have something around the TV series' release, weird how people don't realize that. It's cheap and a new Horizon release in case the show gets popular,

Last edited:

King Dazzar

These remakes and remasters keep selling. So, someone in here is fucking guilty. Which one of you pricks keeps buying these damn things?! :messenger_angry:
season 2 famalam GIF by BBC Three

Typical, I'm just on a platinum run at the moment, I'm sure just as I finish, the remaster will drop. Visually everything on PS5 HZD is superb as is. But I welcome more control customization and haptics and triggers. All good my side.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
lol I am reading the reaction to this and all over the internet, the consensus is that this is not something ANYONE wants. Everyone thinks this is a gigantic waste of resources. No one wants to see it at the PS showcase let alone play it. How Sony ever greenlit this thing without doing any kind of focus testing or check for demand for this game is bizarre.

I better not catch you posting any captures of HZD Remake from your PS5 Pro in the graphics thread.

Anyways, yes of course I will purchase this remake ONLY IF RTGI and/or RT shadows are included. The story was infinitely better than the sequel.

King Dazzar

I better not catch you posting any captures of HZD Remake from your PS5 Pro in the graphics thread.

Anyways, yes of course I will purchase this remake ONLY IF RTGI and/or RT shadows are included. The story was infinitely better than the sequel.
Not sure what it is, but I'm loving my current second playthrough, now on PS5. More so in some ways than HFW. It feels to be a more focused experience, even if I do miss some of the sequels features, like flying/gilding and swimming under water. If they want to add in some of the accessibility, system level HDR, control remapping and dualsense options via a remaster. With maybe some improved visual options. Yeah I welcome it tbh.

ungalo

I'm playing it right now. Visually still very impressive. Removing it from PS+ for a new version is a dick move, it's an old game. If it's a remake, shit decision obviously.

Topher

Gold Member
Not sure what it is, but I'm loving my current second playthrough, now on PS5. More so in some ways than HFW. It feels to be a more focused experience, even if I do miss some of the sequels features, like flying/gilding and swimming under water. If they want to add in some of the accessibility, system level HDR, control remapping and dualsense options via a remaster. With maybe some improved visual options. Yeah I welcome it tbh.

I enjoyed both Horizon games, but I gotta say I don't have much urge to play them again. For me, they are kind of like that cool summer action flick that is fun to watch one time and then never again. After the third Horizon, I will be more than ready for GG to move on to something else.

King Dazzar

I enjoyed both Horizon games, but I gotta say I don't have much urge to play them again. For me, they are kind of like that cool summer action flick that is fun to watch one time and then never again. After the third Horizon, I will be more than ready for GG to move on to something else.
Maybe give it a couple more years. I'm genuinely surprised at how much I'm loving going through the original again. The last time I played it was when I owned a PS4 Pro briefly back in 2019 and I dropped 96hrs into it. So its been 5 years after an extensive play.

Topher

Gold Member
Maybe give it a couple more years. I'm genuinely surprised at how much I'm loving going through the original again. The last time I played it was when I owned a PS4 Pro briefly back in 2019 and I dropped 96hrs into it. So its been 5 years after an extensive play.

Eh......not so sure I'll enjoye it as much you, but if it gives me another opportunity to piss off Varteras Varteras ...

Lets Go Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

This was probably the most underwhelming Sony title (or console exclusive) I've played in the last 10 years. Forspoken was overall worse IMO, but I had no expectations with that.

King Dazzar

Top tip for anyone revisiting this. Go and do the 4 cauldrons early on. And then just enjoy pitting loads of machines against each other all the time with your overrides. Never gets old for me, being a sneaky git and turning thunderjaws etc against each other and all surrounding machines. Sit back and watch carnage.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Ah so instead of one remake of a mediocre game, we get to expand this into a crap series and equally shit multiplayer game. Fun.
Every gamer lives two lives. The first, when he thinks a developers only purpose is to cater to his personal tastes. The second, when he realizes a developers sole purpose is to make money.

Cross over my friend.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Would much rather see remakes or remasters of Sly Cooper, Infamous, Resistance, Puppeteer or any other of the great PS3-games than Horizon, who already looks and plays great on PS5. But Sony's gonna Sony I guess. Some weird fucking decisions they've made this gen.

cormack12

Gold Member
Is the PS6 going to be a PS5 remake at this point? What the fuck Sony. Thank god for GBF and Stellar Blade etc

Edellus

I've been loving this franchise (I've got the platinum for both games), so I'm at the very least very curious about what a remake would entail (otherwise why not just call it a remaster).

Graphics update is a given, but I wonder if they'll also update other stuff like climbing, melee combat, menus, etc. Will it include RT in some form (with the PS5 Pro coming).

So far I'm okay with waiting for the 3rd installment without replaying the updated first game. But if the update knocks my socks off (with Guerrilla I can see this happening), I might give in.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Every gamer lives two lives. The first, when he thinks a developers only purpose is to cater to his personal tastes. The second, when he realizes a developers sole purpose is to make money.

Cross over my friend.
Meanwhile you have devs like Shift Up who made F2P play mobile game before and they could do have made another one to make lot of money but instead the chose to make Stellar Blade SP only console game but that was their dream to make one.

Not every devs are money hungry who only makes games just to make money.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Meanwhile you have devs like Shift Up who made F2P play mobile game before and they could do have made another one to make lot of money but instead the chose to make Stellar Blade SP only console game but that was their dream to make one.

Not even going to bother with responding to him, given the only thing he thinks makes money is GAAS trash.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

d55e6001-5d77-4391-853f-e4f3fb06e6a0_text.gif

FeralEcho

Can't wait for Horizon Forbidden West Remake in 2 years or hell go a step further and remake the remake of Zero Dawn in 2 years.Worked for TLOU.

Meanwhile Bloodborne is stuck in 1080p 30 fps....I fucking hate this company sometimes....

Seems like old Sony is gone for good.

Thank god for whoever at Sony is pushing for deals with external studios like Arrowhead, Shift Up and Square.
You probably would've gotten all 3 of those regardless. The main thing the exclusivity deals do is bolster the hardware sales.

Last edited:

ungalo

Can't wait for Horizon Forbidden West Remake in 2 years or hell go a step further and remake the remake of Zero Dawn in 2 years.Worked for TLOU.

Meanwhile Bloodborne is stuck in 1080p 30 fps....I fucking hate this company sometimes....

Seems like old Sony is gone for good.
They're going through phases. They created a lot of new property, now they're going to burn them for quick money, then when they can't squeeze nothing out of it they'll create again because they have no choice.

It's going to take time if people keep buying but luckily it doesn't seem like Sony really has strong IPs like Nintendo that they can exploit with minimal costs on a long period.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Sony wasting resources, removing a great game from PS+ that pushes subscriptions all while ignoring the calls for a cheap SOCOM 2 remaster…

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Sony wasting resources, removing a great game from PS+ that pushes subscriptions all while ignoring the calls for a cheap SOCOM 2 remaster…

I don't even need a SOCOM 2 remaster. Just give me SOCOM 2 with online. That is it. But they hate success and making gamers happy.

Top Bottom