• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve says Nintendo is the reason there's a market for OLED handhelds

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
2625741-0721474220-sadvi.jpg

Don’t worry Vita, I haven’t forgotten you were the first to do it.
Damn. That’s the saddest picture I’ve seen all day.

I'm so glad Nintendo was able to prove to Valve that using a better screen technology is.. better. Truely they are visionaries. Who could possibly have guessed.

Crayon

I'm so glad Nintendo was able to prove to Valve that using a better screen technology is.. better. Truely they are visionaries. Who could possibly have guessed.

Yeah I'm not understanding the whole premise. Oleds are becoming more common with or without the switch.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Theyre being humble and giving Nintendo too much credit. They deserve credit for the handheld market but Valve is the reason these new handheld PC's are even a thing.

The comparisons can stop there as this thing destroys the switch.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Theyre being humble and giving Nintendo too much credit. They deserve credit for the handheld market but Valve is the reason these new handheld PC's are even a thing.

The comparisons can stop there as this thing destroys the switch.
There were handheld PCs before steam deck, they just got in the bandwagon and were the most successful imo

AndrewRyan

Kind of true in my case. Was unenthusiastically mulling the idea of buying a weak OLED Switch shortly after it became available. Thankfully the Steam Deck was announced around that same time and reserved it day one. Nintendo's hardly got any of my money from me since. Valve on the other hand...

Top Bottom