• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG Tech: Kirby and the Forgotten Land Switch Frame Rate Test (Demo)

The 3DS games were super polished. I was a little let down by the demo honestly. Still going to get the game, but it should be better than this in terms of performance. You can really notice the half frame rate enemies at a distance trick that lots of games use.

Deerock71

The 3DS games were super polished. I was a little let down by the demo honestly. Still going to get the game, but it should be better than this in terms of performance. You can really notice the half frame rate enemies at a distance trick that lots of games use.
I honestly dislike that trick. It happens a lot in SMT V, too. There's gotta be a better solution than that somehow.

Game looks gorgeous. 30 fps is understandable in this case. My problem is the game is too damn easy. Such a shame. Nintendo is catering top much to the kiddies lately. Switch output hasn't been that good lately aside from Metroid.

Just because somethings is for kids doesn't mean it has to be so easy you could beat it blindfolded Nintendo.

Game looks gorgeous. 30 fps is understandable in this case. My problem is the game is too damn easy. Such a shame. Nintendo is catering top much to the kiddies lately. Switch output hasn't been that good lately aside from Metroid.

Just because somethings is for kids doesn't mean it has to be so easy you could beat it blindfolded Nintendo.
I wouldn't worry too much for now, the demo is literally just the tutorial area and the first level; you wouldn't judge SM64's difficulty from only playing Bob-omb Battlefield, right?
That being said, I've heard most Kirby games are super easy, save for some special arena fights, so...

Nvzman

I hate to break it to you dude, but Kirby has been known as an easy game series since the NES days.

How does something like Odyssey run at 60 while this simple game is at 30.
Is kirby 1080p though? Edit : yes it is dynamic 1080p, so higher than odyssey.

Because odyssey is 900p dynamic and can hit 720p.

Kirby looks great either way. I can’t wait!!! The graphics are very detailed for the switch, probably no worse and maybe better asset resolution than odyssey.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned

Kirby looks great either way. I can’t wait!!!
With these fugly ground textures and other awful textures around, it’d be better to have 60fps with lower resolution.

Same we can’t have a “performance” and ”quality” mode.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
GIF by Zack Kantor

eNT1TY

It's pretty nice looking, much better than Arceus. When then the teams care the can get a lot out of the switch.

TexMex

Kirby looks great either way. I can’t wait!!! The graphics are very detailed for the switch, probably no worse and maybe better asset resolution than odyssey.

If this is the reason, it’s almost worse that the developers thought the most minor upgrade to resolution in a fucking Kirby game of all things was worth cutting the frame rate in half.

If this is the reason, it’s almost worse that the developers thought the most minor upgrade to resolution in a fucking Kirby game of all things was worth cutting the frame rate in half.
Keep in mind that the resolution helps with the bright colors and it does matter.

It’s not the decision I would have made, but then again we don’t actually know how low the resolution would be without it.

Yoshi crafted is 540p on switch and for a game with such nice colors as kirby (less realistic material than yoshi) I would actually choose 30fps if the resolution would be that low.

720p60, yeah I would prefer that.

Sub HD 60, no.

For oled users this is an issue but for smooth lcd like my x900e 30fps will be fine… a motion blur toggle would be appreciated but come on Nintendo and options? lol..

Last edited:

Quixz

Mario was 60FPS and dare I say looked better also it's funny how this game will be full price for the next few years :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yep poor thread and its "checks notes " 22 posts mine included.Please gaf stop dogpiling this thread.:messenger_savoring:
It’s just stupid to complain about 30fps in a fanboy fueled way when every single console still gets 30fps games.

Are they pretending they don’t play 30fps anymore? lol

The ones i’m referring to should be obvious

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
It’s just stupid to complain about 30fps in a fanboy fueled way when every single console still gets 30fps games.

Are they pretending they don’t play 30fps anymore? lol
I don't care about 30 fps as long as it is locked, this thread is not targeted it barely has 30 posts in around 12 hours.Go to any Halo or Horizon thread to understand what being targeted is.All this in comparison is pretty light.And I'm not seeing vicious attacks or fud, just people complainng a bit.Of course all this might change but so far it is a really calm thread.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll

This is a "Kirby-like" game. You are controlling a pink, soft, smiling creature. Let the kids enjoy a game once in a while.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I was really impressed by the demo. The game is absolutely beautiful and it does an aswesome job of walking the line between feeling fresh and being recognizably Kirby. My kid loves Kirby and lost her damn mind playing the demo for this.

30fps seems perfectly reasonable given how hard this is pushing the hardware. It's not exactly a fast paced game either.

Top Bottom