• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGC] Nintendo says it has a ‘great relationship’ with Microsoft, after it emerged Xbox wanted to buy the company

Untitled-1-1024x632.jpg

Nintendo of America president Doug Bowser has commented on the company’s relationship with Microsoft, after Xbox was revealed to be a potential suitor for the Mario maker.
Legal documents published inadvertently last month potentially laid bare key elements of Microsoft’s gaming strategy for years to come, including Xbox boss Phil Spencer’s desire to acquire Nintendo.

“I totally agree that Nintendo is THE prime asset for us in gaming”, the executive told a colleague in an email exchange in 2020, in which he also said Microsoft’s board was “fully supportive” of such an acquisition should the opportunity arise.

Nintendo’s Bowser was asked about the leaks during an Inverse interview published on Friday.
“We have a great relationship with Microsoft,” he said. “We consider them to be partners in many, many ways, and you only have to look at Nintendo Switch to see that partnership.

“Obviously, Minecraft is on Nintendo Switch, and we brought Banjo Kazooie to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. So, we’re looking forward to that partnership continuing.”

Nintendo's like....."Yeah...uh...we don't mind you putting one of the best selling games on our platform and also letting us use an i.p. you own in our videogames. We have such a great partnership!!"

Taye Diggs Wow GIF by Bounce

----------------------

Jokes aside. I do like seeing these platform holders work closer together because at the end of the day, we are all still gamers regardless of the platform we choose so we the big boys are playing nice, everyone benefits.

Last edited:
Top Bottom