• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Captures Delta Pilot Smacking Woman to Break Up Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Video Captures Delta Pilot Smacking Woman to Break Up Fight

A Delta pilot became involved in a fight between two women at the Atlanta airport last week, but an investigation by the airline found his actions had helped de-escalate the episode.

Stuart Isett for The New York Times

In the latest airline episode captured on video, two women can be seen exchanging blows on a jet bridge at the Atlanta airport on April 21 when a Delta Air Lines pilot appears to grab one woman and smack her before stepping back.

In two videos, shared Saturday by TMZ, a woman is seen rushing headlong into another woman. Some expletives are heard and a man says, “Knock it off.” As the women tussle on the ground, the pilot steps in and appears to grab one woman’s arm and then delivers a blow.

A third woman can be seen kicking at the two women and then sitting on them.

Delta officials said in a statement on Saturday that they immediately removed the pilot from duty after being made aware last week of the scuffle, which occurred as passengers were deplaning Flight 1827, which flies between Atlanta and Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

The pilot has since returned to work, Delta officials said, because their investigation revealed that “his actions de-escalated an altercation between passengers.”

The police responded to the dispute at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Delta said. But on Saturday, an Atlanta Police Department spokesman, Sgt. Warren Pickard, said that information could not be provided until Monday.

Smack me if old.

Lil Marco

Banned
Lol is this the new journalism fad now? Going after commercial airline altercations?

Given the sheer amount of flights per day these types of incidents must be pretty common worldwide. But ever since United's incident the media seems to be zeroing in on giving them more coverage in efforts to start a new #viral outrage and rake in the views

Skyzard

Banned
I dunno man, it looks like he slaps her hand so she lets go of the woman, though it's not that clear.

Not feeling outraged about it like them dragging off the doctor.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
a) Looks like he's slapping her wrist to get her to let go
b) That entire scene is the very definition of NOPE for me, so props to him I guess for trying to stop it
c) That woman kicking cheap shots and then doing some kind of pro wrestling sit move needs to go to jail for a night

d) Atlanta airport - this is the kind of behavior I expect from the gate staff, not the passengers. See also Newark Liberty for rudest most miserable customer service ever.

Dantis

He smacks her hand because she's clinging to the other woman.

Shockingly, the sensationalist headline doesn't say that.

TaterTots

Banned
Looks like he was trying to break up an altercation and was possibly smacking a wrist to release her hand. It's not like he popped off on them and beat the shit out of them.

Trouble

Banned
1. They almost knocked an elderly woman out of her wheelchair.
2. I smack my friends harder on the back.

I'm not feeling the outrage tbh.

E: The walk away was weird though. They were still tangled up, so it wasn't really broken up. The video does cut off there though.

Wanderer5

It looks like he smacked her on the wrist to let go of the other woman, so I don't see much issue with that.

The walking away while they were still tangled up and all was a bit weird through. I guess he was hoping that someone else would take over or something.

dejay

Banned
Wow, a mild slap on the arm. The humanity!

Came expecting this
QAYKFuR.gif

akira28

Lol is this the new journalism fad now? Going after commercial airline altercations?

Given the sheer amount of flights per day these types of incidents must be pretty common worldwide. But ever since United's incident the media seems to be zeroing in on giving them more coverage in efforts to start a new #viral outrage and rake in the views

If this is a common occurrence I'd like to know about it. I never imagined air travel was this bad. I mean, I've flown. I know its bad. But this is bad.

zeemumu

Weird how talking them down was the 2nd option after attempting to forcibly separate them(and...failing?). And then that other lady decides to come in and sit on her?

How nice that the article makes it sound like the pilot straight up punched the woman when the reality is it looks like he slapped her wrist. Could have written "he stepped in, grabbed one woman, and slapped her hand, causing her to release the other woman." but that just wouldn't be sensationalist enough, right?

Not to defend what the pilot did, mind, just makes me shake my head at how misleadingly vague they leave the article.

"Grabs the woman's arm and delivers the blow" made me think he hit her in the face or something. Slapping a wrist isn't delivering a fucking blow hahahahahaha fuck

Pachimari

It was his way of trying to make two people stop fighting in a heated situation that escalated in a public space. Him walking away was kind of weird, and it can be said him coming between them wasn't ultimately what really stopped the fight of what we can see in the video, but I don't see reason for an outrage over this.

Slayven

It was his way of trying to make two people stop fighting in a heated situation that escalated in a public space. Him walking away was kind of weird, and it can be said him coming between them wasn't ultimately what really stopped the fight of what we can see in the video, but I don't see reason for an outrage over this.

what outrage?

Limit

I can't tell which of the ladies was the heel. One of them shouting how some Atlanta's sports team sucked would have been a good start.

Also, arm bar needs more work.

I can't tell which of the ladies was the heel. One of them shouting how some Atlanta's sports team sucked would have been a good start.

Also, arm bar needs more work.

That's not a heel tactic for native Atlantans. They've been born and raised on disappointments and failures outside of 1995.

But it looks like he slapped one of them on the wrist to get her to let go of the other girl. It was a lot of nothing.

Mesousa

Banned
This is what flying economy on Delta looks like now thanks to their Basic economy tickets. Really no different from spirit now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom