• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vince McMahon returning to WWE

O2wXXW5.gif

obie

Neo Member
More questions then answers. Did Macho Man have payments on his hat? And even further, was he behind on payments of said hat???

Last edited:

Jennings

I'm not convinced he ever actually left and wasn't just pulling strings from the shadows like some sort of pro-wrestling illuminati.

Last edited:
Please just stay away from the creative end. The shows have been so much better without him there.
I've stopped watching since around 2015(aside from a few youtube clips here and there because I liked a few wrestlers who stuck around since that year), so I have some questions as a test of quality.

Who are the top guys in this current decade aside from Roman Reigns?
What is the current top storyline?
Also has the women's division grown, improved, and have actual standout household name stars aside from Sasha Banks(and maybe Asuka) in the last 5-10 years?

NickFire

I've stopped watching since around 2015(aside from a few youtube clips here and there because I liked a few wrestlers who stuck around since that year), so I have some questions as a test of quality.

Who are the top guys in this current decade aside from Roman Reigns?
What is the current top storyline?
Also has the women's division grown, improved, and have actual standout household name stars aside from Sasha Banks(and maybe Asuka) in the last 5-10 years?
I'll let you catch up on the last decade on your own my friend. Ain't no one got time to rehash ten years.

Current top storyline in any promotion is, hands down, the Bloodline. While you were gone Roman finally turned heel, called himself his family's tribal chief, and leaned into his family's history in the business. Then he added Paul Heyman as his "wise man" (instead of advocate or manager). This is not the pushed for the hell of it Roman any more. His storyline is killing it. And most of the wrestling world is waiting to see if The Rock will decide to throw his hat in the ring as head of the table in their family. If that happens the WrestleMania match will be bananas.

Women's division has also grown tremendously. Enough they get main event placement fairly often. Too many to mention right now between the two companies except for Dr. Britt Baker in AEW. She's a real life dentist, not a Kane one. And she kills it on the mic and has brutal matches. Also easy on the eyes. No doubt some kid is dreaming of having her knock his teeth out and put them back in after.

I'll let you catch up on the last decade on your own my friend. Ain't no one got time to rehash ten years.
No worries, I'm not trying to make you type a full essays' worth of an answer. I'm also not trying to pull a gotcha, I'm just trying to figure out where the landscape currently is after the year that I left, as it was one of the weaker years. I'm also not the type who just wants attitude era back. I want what's best for modern day WWE, but when tuning into clips here and there since 2015 it felt like they were still trying to find themselves and figure things out(especially when it came to things like superstar talent). If you're wanting to name the top 5 roster of today then I'd appreciate it, if not that's fine too I guess. Thank you for answering the last two questions below the quote.

RNG

Poor Michael Cole gonna have Vinnie Mac screaming in his ear again during commentary.
Yell Wake Up GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Bragr

Banned
He retired to see what sort of backlash he was gonna get for some of the stuff that came to light, but since it wasn't that bad, he's coming back.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
You missed the great twitter from TK

Any way Vince is such a mad nutter he would do this and seeing as he never inherited the business from his father rather he had to buy it. Chances are he will do the same to Steph Paul and Shane. Or he would sell it off.

Last edited:

WoJ

Ugh, this sucks. Vince has done done more to kill the product creatively the past 10 years than I thought possible. The misguided pushing of Roman Reigns time and time again at the expense of the entire roster and the overreliance on part timers has just damaged the product so much.

I really hope Vince doesn't touch the creative end. I don't think HHH has been perfect creatively. He has certainly brought back too many dorks/NXT losers who don't belong on the main roster. But the storytelling is more coherent. We don't have wrestlers getting their first names taken away for no reason, and Midcard titles have been featured heavily. All of these are really good things.

Actually, it appears according to news outlets...he is selling the "family business" and leaving pro wrestling. Trying to cash out and ride off into the sunset.

Haha, he would probably sell it and then a few months later opening a new wrestling company called WWF (again).

Kagey K

Banned
Did the product change at all when Vince left?
A bunch of old angry stars came back, and different people got pushed, but the titles stayed on the same people.

I wish it could find its 99 - 03 groove again.

I really blame NXT and the everyone trained the same, for all the boring wresting offers now.

Nobody can break out, when they all go to the same school.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I look at this as it's meant to be, a business move. Good for them if they can capitalize on these lucrative deals. He did make the company what it is.

Top Bottom