• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Cop, Alien Front Online, etc for N-Gage... SWEET

Man, I am really wanting to get an N-Gage lately.

Was just looking at that Pathway to Glory game site, looks pretty friggin awesome.

Also, Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm looks pretty cool for N-Gage..

anyways, considering I am a partial sega whore:

Virtua Cop and Alien Front are both coming to N-Gage. Virtua Copy looks decent, basically the sega saturn version condensed...

Alien Front looks better, and looks like as good a representation as you could get of the dreamcast game..

N-Gage is starting to really fire on all cylinders.. if i could get a QD for $99 or something, i'd definately pick it up.. but am already locked into a plan and not spending $200..

Mairu

Why the fuck would anyone want to play Virtua Cop on a handheld?

It's a lightgun game! And don't tell me you actually want to play with some shitty cursor.

Well, I'd love to play Virtua Cop arcade machine in my the dentist waiting room, but assuming thats not a possibility, and I didnt lug my sega saturn and light gun to hook up to the television there, the N-GAGE QD would have to suffice.

Needless to say, this is not the best version, but a version for people who want to be able to play games on their cell phone at odd times to kill time...

I actually find myself playing Q-Bert on my cell phone *alot*... waiting for my girlfriend to finish shopping/trying on clothes at the mall, in a random waiting room, sitting on the couch, etc etc..

if i could pull out my n-gage QD from my pocket and quickly boot up virtua cop, that would be pretty TIGHT.

IgeL

Alien Front sucks. I think I've seen a couple of review scores here in Finland - 1/5 or 2/5. Better not get your hopes up. :(

wipeout364

Call me crazy but I just don't get the Cell Phone Gaming Scene. I look at that section in EGM and just say WTF, just buy a GBA and get better games with proper control set up.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
wipeout364 said:
Call me crazy but I just don't get the Cell Phone Gaming Scene. I look at that section in EGM and just say WTF, just buy a GBA and get better games with proper control set up.
Yes, but can the GBA do SIDETALKIN'??!!

NGAGE WINS!

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
jarrod said:
I want screens of AFO & VCop!!
Virtua Cop
919806_20040625_screen001.jpg
919806_20040625_screen002.jpg
919806_20040625_screen003.jpg
919806_20040625_screen004.jpg
919806_20040625_screen005.jpg
919806_20040625_screen006.jpg

Alien Front
alienfront_screen001.jpg
alienfront_screen002.jpg
alienfront_screen003.jpg
alienfront_screen004.jpg
alienfront_screen005.jpg
alienfront_screen006.jpg
alienfront_screen007.jpg
alienfront_screen008.jpg
alienfront_screen009.jpg
alienfront_screen010.jpg
alienfront_screen011.jpg
alienfront_screen012.jpg
alienfront_screen013.jpg
alienfront_screen014.jpg
alienfront_screen015.jpg
alienfront_screen016.jpg
alienfront_screen017.jpg
alienfront_screen018.jpg

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Isn't Virtua Cop already available for Sony Ericsson P800/P900? Either that or it was a nice clone. And you play it using a stylus too. :p

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
i literally just played virtua cop on the new N-Gage not 15 minutes ago.

what a fucking joke. makes the saturn version look arcade perfect by comparison. framerate whores beware: the game also runs at 5 fps.

----

http://chespace.1up.com

wipeout364

chespace said:
i literally just played virtua cop on the new N-Gage not 15 minutes ago.

what a fucking joke. makes the saturn version look arcade perfect by comparison. framerate whores beware: the game also runs at 5 fps.

----

http://chespace.1up.com

Yeah but just try side talkin with your saturn that thing weighs a tonne.

Rlan

Why bother releasing Virtua Cop NOW for a handheld console when it would easily be a great addition to the Nintendo DS? I mean, the touch screen would be the best way to make up for the lack of light gun.

Fusebox

Banned
For everyone who says 'get help', do they realise that for AUS$149 you get:

FM radio, MP3 player, Bluetooth phone, Series 60 interface (for roaming MSN around the house for example), full-screen java game support, GBA, Snes, C64 and genesis emulators, divx, xvid, ogg vorbis etc support for all your video and audio needs.

On top of all that it even plays Ngage games too.

Now how is it bad to want all that for travelling around town?

I have a GBA SP.. but I dont carry that thing around in my pocket all the time.

I do carry my cell phone around with me EVERYWHERE i go... hence, i'd like it to play games too.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
LuckyBrand said:
I have a GBA SP.. but I dont carry that thing around in my pocket all the time.

I do carry my cell phone around with me EVERYWHERE i go... hence, i'd like it to play games too.

Then get a better cell phone and avoid that shitty N-Gage. ;) It costs a lot more, but I'm quite satisfied with my Treo 600, which allows me to play NES and Game Gear games, Palm OS games, use AIM for free, browse almost any web site (including this forum), listen to MP3s, and watch any AVI or MPEG movie, all in a phone smaller than a GBA.

I realize that the DS and PSP aren't going to have cell phone functions, but you'd have to crazy to buy anything else with those coming out.

Fusebox

Banned
Lyte, but I doubt the DS or PSP will be playing Divx or Snes titles for quite a while so the Ngage does fill a niche imo. :)

Top Bottom