• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

The monthly challenge is genius, will give me a nice excuse to go back to Gravity Rush (which, btw, everyone should buy a Vita for).

didnt we already discuss this...

super stardust delta or little kings story... or where is my heart if you want a mini.

edit: a hot shots challenge would be primo.

btkadams

I want to put forward ideas for next months challenge in advance;

Best times on either wipeout or most wanted.

Edit: do we still do top of page games?

i say we do wipeout, since way more people probably have it, no? i think it's a good idea to change genres each month.

i have both, so i don't care which game i beat you all at.

Noi

Suggestion: Maybe at the very end of every month, you could update the first post with a "Vita doom threads of the month" list, just for sh*ts and giggles :p
(or would that be in bad taste/get taken the wrong way/incite violence?)

Meta-discussion about threads outside this one is the primary reason why we're going through this transition to begin with. I'd rather we still have a thread to discuss the games about than no thread.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
7PEjFRM.png

I stopped posting in that thread for over a month and I'm still in that list?

*disappear again no jutsu*

I was tempted by escapeVektor but didn't hear anything about it. Now people are saying it's good and it's not on PS+ discount in EU anymore. :(

Also EU release schedule looks... well, I'm glad the Vita is region-free.

Noi

Well this is the Feb thread. I get what you mean, but I think P4G is the exception for Feb. Then again between the JPN, US releases. EU looks dead :/

To be only slightly reassuring for EU in February, NGS2+ comes out on March 1, so it barely didn't make the cut.

Velkyn

I'm purposely taking as long as possible to play P4G so I won't have to fill the empty void in my soul once I've platted it.

Is LoH: TitS as awesome as everyone says? I've only heard that it's a good game, nothing about it at all.

Noi

Is LoH: TitS as awesome as everyone says? I've only heard that it's a good game, nothing about it at all.

It's great. Very well written and likeable characters, avoids a lot of the typical anime-style character trappings, long length, relatively simple but customizable battle system.. I could go on.

HWKMBBP.jpg

Amazing OP, I really, really like the format Noi+everyone involved. I now think it's better to have a monthly thread+all the game releases for that month, it helps keep people on top of what's coming because a lot of smaller (and usually digital only) get overlooked.

From the old thread but:

It can be done! I platinumed all of RC + DLC with 17 hours on the clock.

Thank you for the positive words bro :p It's so grueling, trying to finish up the trophies. I can't wait to get %100 so I can finally play through Persona. I think I'll be going after the platinum in Uncharted: GA while playing through Persona - I usually like to swap between two games to avoid getting burned out on one or the other. Seeing the mentions of LoH: TiTS above reminds me that I want to play through that as well.. so many lengthy JRPGs though, one at a time!

VanWinkle

I really don't like Foosball 2012. For me it's the worst Plus game we have got so far. It's not technically horrible, so I guess Chronovolt is worse in that regard, but I still had more fun in that one than foosball. I've just never been into the real life game either so that's probably why.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Did we get a date for velocity btw?

I used to care but not anymore, new art style look awful like poop,and honestly it's a pointless release, they should've make a sequel or 3D game that take advantage of Vita hardware, this one is just an empty lazy re-release for more money.

Did we get a date for velocity btw?

haha so said carls not around to answer this...

velocity ultra is being submitted to psn in aprilish i believe and they said to expect it's release in may

I used to care but not anymore, new art style look awful like poop,and honestly it's a pointless release, they should've make a sequel or 3D game that take advantage of Vita hardware, this one is just an empty lazy re-release for more money.

oh how i realize I didn't miss you toto. i think every post you make, you should end it on a positive note.

for example - i hate that they are making velocity ultra....but the vita is so sexy.

ZeroAKA

Glad to see your negativity is back already. :p

VanWinkle

New art style looks great, I agree.

Tomodachi

All of this based on the single screen they released?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I was hoping you'd give me a chance to use this charming image on the first page! <3

negativeman.png

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Great OP :) Well done, Noi.

You guys are cyborgs - I'm posting insane amount each month and i can't even make it into wall of shame :)

But i've gotten Resistance and Unit 13 today - so now i have to finish 5 games before Persona arrives.

Top Bottom