• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Since I just saw that wallpaper, here is my favourite wallpaper atm that I meant to share with you guys for a while now:
xPA10vJ.png

Its a screenshot from Outerra (see this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513621).

Dec

What is the general consensus on the best grip to get? I think it will get rid of this handcramp I get after longer sessions.

Sorry to post this again but does anyone have any recommendations?

Also, Toma: These drift races are tough! Almost requiring a perfect run, but it gets easier as you learn the track and the car.

Also, Toma: These drift races are tough! Almost requiring a perfect run, but it gets easier as you learn the track and the car.

I ended up getting the hori grip mainly because it's adjustable and it's the one that best mimics a DS3.

Staal

In one of my local gameshops NFS:MW was discounted to €30, which is a tempting price. Is there still an only community for it?

pdp at gamestop for 15$

easy to put on, doesnt block anything, comfy as hell and the triggers work a billion times better....yes ONE BILLION times better!

What if Vitas and Senran Kagura are only selling out because stores only have very limited stock to begin with. :(

Hopefully not. Hopefully this is the start of something.

Maedhros

here,to match the in-game's visuals.
XFX7KOa.jpg

God... you're really fucking annoying... I never thought I would find someone even more annoying than myself, ugh!

You know they corrected the textures, right? Not that you really care, you won't even end playing the game anyway...

Back to ignore list.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Yeah, I consider them easily the toughest one in the game. Lots of training involved for those, but once you know exactly where you can start drift turns in those tracks, it definitely gets easier.

How are you liking the game so far?

Toma

God... you're really fucking annoying... I never thought I would find someone even more annoying than myself, ugh!

You know they corrected the textures, right? Not that you really care, you won't even end playing the game anyway...

Back to ignore list.

Corrected the textures? I didnt even mind them before, but they upped the res or something? Are there comparison pics?

Back to ignore list.
I don't even know toto at all but I agree with this post
I usually don't give trolls attention but goddamn

Mokubba

Good to hear about PSO2 ,Senran and the Vita itself selling well. It'll be interesting to see which sells more considering PSO2 is f2p

Toma

I don't even know toto at all but I agree with this post
I usually don't give trolls attention but goddamn

But what you see on this page is like.. only the tip of the iceberg. Its Toto "light" basically. I fear for all of your sanity guys if you already snap with such a Toto post :p

Dec

Yeah, I consider them easily the toughest one in the game. Lots of training involved for those, but once you know exactly where you can start drift turns in those tracks, it definitely gets easier.

How are you liking the game so far?

It's really good. Wasn't so sure at first but now I've been playing for a few hours straight. I think getting a handle on the controls is key to enjoying it and I feel like I'm there now.

Toma

It's really good. Wasn't so sure at first but now I've been playing for a few hours straight. I think getting a handle on the controls is key to enjoying it and I feel like I'm there now.

Awesome! Next step is seeing friends on your leaderboards being 5 seconds up on you and then shaving off second by second on a track time ;)

Hope you have a few guys on your friend list who played the game? Unfortunately, my scores are already pretty good, so not all that much of an incentive for a new player.

(Especially in the first world where I am like... rank 80 or something).

BlackJace

Is VitaGAF excited to see the huge hardware bump next week? Really hope things pick up for the system, as leaving the market to Nintendo would cause them to become laaaazy.

Maedhros

Corrected the textures? I didnt even mind them before, but they upped the res or something? Are there comparison pics?

Just see the latest trailers and the latest official pics. I don't really see the textures being like that, even when they are far away from the character.

sajj316

Back to ignore list.

They did? As posted, any before and after pics?

Edit: just saw your post, ok

Dec

Awesome! Next step is seeing friends on your leaderboards being 5 seconds up on you and then shaving off second by second on a track time ;)

Hope you have a few guys on your friend list who played the game? Unfortunately, my scores are already pretty good, so not all that much of an incentive for a new player.

(Especially in the first world where I am like... rank 80 or something).

Mono has it but doesn't seem to have played that many tracks. Get on it Mono! I only have one PSN friend haha.

they should...every gamestop i have the unfortunate pleasure of entering always has them in stock.

Mine doesn't :(. Amazon Canada doesn't carry it. Might have to suck it up and pay the shipping.

Nevermind! It is on Amazon, but it's the company full name rather than PDP so I didn't see it.

Is VitaGAF excited to see the huge hardware bump next week? Really hope things pick up for the system, as leaving the market to Nintendo would cause them to become laaaazy.

what huge bump ? According to the mc thread a lot of stores had 2 or 3 models in stock, i would not expect more than 75k granted that's a huge bump anyway.

Plus i don't think next week is that big of a deal, the following weeks would be more telling hopefully it stay healthy enough to get more support, well we know Sony doesn't let its hw die.

Toma

Just see the latest trailers and the latest official pics. I don't really see the textures being like that, even when they are far away from the character.

So no comparison pics anyone knows of? Someone should dig that up.

Maedhros

They did? As posted, any before and after pics?

Edit: just saw your post, ok

souls23xc6x.gif

PSP version actually out sold the PS3 version I think

Also soul sacrifice site update with a lot new info might make a thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eRbQ86r8rE8

edit toto before you toto they fixed the textures.

7D6kynS.png
pgdUGAj.png

Not really world-changing or anything, but definetely touched up. Kinda of expected, they had time to touch up the game after releasing the demo and the complaints probably helped.

BlackJace

what huge bump ? According to the mc thread a lot of stores had 2 or 3 models in stock, i would not expect more than 75k granted that's a huge bump anyway.

Plus i don't think next week is that big of a deal, the following weeks would be more telling hopefully it stay healthy enough to get more support, well we know Sony doesn't let its hw die.

10k -> 50k-ish is quite the bump for the Vita. I'd be pleased.

Eugh, Soul Sacrifice looks so good. Toto be damned.

When's the English language Asian release out? I'd be tempted to import if it's much sooner than the European release.

gkryhewy

Come on now- the vita is never going get within sniffing distance of 3DS at this point. Change your baseline. Wonderswan?

<3 Vita, but really.

Toma

Eugh, Soul Sacrifice looks so good. Toto be damned.

When's the English language Asian release out? I'd be tempted to import if it's much sooner than the European release.

Or US for that matter, do we know any other release date?

I am. I just want positive news. It seemed all the negative news just lead to a cycle of more bad news. I hope this brings a virtuous cycle of continuing good news. I don't think the vita will ever be a 3ds powerhouse but I think its gonna do pretty well for itself which is a win for gamers.

Top Bottom