• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vladimir Putin Hints at Russian Role in Hacking of U.S. Election, patriots did it?

I get sense that this 1on1 interview with Putin wasn't pre-planned thing, but opportunity that Putin gave NBC / her with very short warning. She was in town to cover what ever that forum is for NBC. How often you have seen Putin to give 1on1 interviews to Western media?

She's not just there to cover it. She's the moderator for it.

Putin is hosting an international economic forum in St. Petersburg. The 46-year-old Kelly will serve as a moderator of a panel that will include Putin
( http://thehill.com/media/335905-megyn-kelly-makes-nbc-debut-announces-putin-interview )

When so much stinks, it's hard to tell what smells like shit and what doesn't.

That really doesn't seem to be slowing down a lot of this, though. I mean, is all we can do is sit back and wait until Russia just finally collapses into economic anarchy, while continuing to do all the damage he's doing? It feels like something needs to be done right now, because if we just wait for sanctions to finally kill the country, the damage in the meantime will be so catastrophic that it won't matter.

There's also initiatives set up to combat fake news by the EU for instance. Not sure what else can be done against the leader of a sovereign nation, with Nukes.

There's also initiatives set up to combat fake news by the EU for instance. Not sure what else can be done against the leader of a sovereign nation, with Nukes.

I feel like an attempt to block any and all Russian media would be a good step. Ban RT, do everything possible to block any IP websites or social posts originating from Russia, etc.

Just like the "patriots" who crossed over into Ukraine with Russian military equipment, uniforms and training...
or like the "patriotw" that handle the traitorous leakers of sensitive russian information?

to people still believing in this farce..
you, sweet summer child you, us and russia were always distant colleague at best, but the more trump will last, the more likely you will end up as putin's handmaiden... :/

Gotta be doing something right when the patriotic fervor of your citizens is to such an extent that they independently further your foreign policy goals through coordinated cyberwarfare and propaganda campaigns.
this made my day, thanks king :X

tumblr_lyz318Fpvg1qjsbzro1_r1_400.gif

The real Chapter 3 begins here.

BFIB

Using the word patriot. Republicans are salivating at that word and hearing nothing else.

m_dorian

I do not see a problem here.
Patriots helping other patriots is a patriot act.
And it is even more patriotic since they are patriots from different countries.

This is the exact opposite of treason.

akira28

when you look at it in that created context it all seems to make so much sense that you feel stupid for even questioning it. :)

Mivey

Do you mean ``patriot'' as in the standard definition or the silly organization from the Metal Gear universe? I can't tell in which reality I am anymore.

Xando

President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia denied any state role on Thursday but said that “patriotically minded” private Russian hackers could have been involved.

This is the cyber equivalent of "No active russian soldiers in Ukraine but maybe some on vacation".

Tovarisc

This seems like more of a threat to the Trump Admin by the Russians.

Pretty much. Him going from stonewalling this story to "Yep ;)" is him putting screws to Trump and Trump administration. Makes one wonder if Trump has come to end of his usefulness for Putin hence he is readying for his next plays and angling Trump for being thrown under the bus.

Megyn Kelly gets rewarded by nbc for years of racist vitriol. None of these networks are our friends :-(

At the uber-rich-people level, everyone is an opportunistic sociopath regardless of their personal politics. This opportunism regularly trumps (no pun intended) their personal politics in real-world business dealings.

If this means selling out to your political enemy to get more conservative viewers, then so be it to them. It's all about that bottom line.

Top Bottom