• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VLLTP: Tactics Ogre Reborn

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Some time ago I asked for 2d turn based Rpg indications and got Chained Echoes and TOR, I finished C.Echoes (great game btw) and now Im battling through TOR, the game is great and the game play even if repetitive is quite addictive. But I have two cons against the game.

1 - the story is impossible to follow for me, and I can follow even the crazy shit kojima throws at me, but this game is just so many names and places and feuds, feels like the game knows I already know pretty much everything as if I had read some book or seen some movie/series and the game is just complementing the story. Is like being thrown in Game of thrones season 7 and expect to know everyone and everything to finish the series.

2 - the spikes in difficult are becoming infuriating, I dont mind difficult games, love the souls series and whatnot, what I dont like is unfair games, right now Im facing armies 50 to 75% bigger then mine and the leader has 1 hit kill moves and always feels like he/she is being followed by three personal healers, I just beated some brother/sister combo that fuck me was hard as fuck, and now after stumbling in another 1 hit kill juggernaut with an huge armie to back him up is starting to feel cheap, the game is not out thinking me... is out pounding me with brute mindless force that I cant compete in a fair ground.

I still love the game, at least until now... and I wish to see it through the end, so Ill accept any tips on how to get gud.

And thanks to everyone who tipped these games for me.

Last edited:

e0n

The late game meta seems to be about abusing the right equipment/items/status effects. A lot of it boils down to using debuffs like breach/frighten or use/throw items and then you can focus enemies down with hero units' finisher moves. Sleep, poison, breached, or silence will help. Equipment should be upgraded since it can add effects, specifically legs for +1 movement. You can try baiting with high hp units so some enemies are sectioned off, be ok with units being incapacited while you target the objective, and always scout so you can use the right party composition.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
The late game meta seems to be about abusing the right equipment/items/status effects. A lot of it boils down to using debuffs like breach/frighten or use/throw items and then you can focus enemies down with hero units' finisher moves. Sleep, poison, breached, or silence will help. Equipment should be upgraded since it can add effects, specifically legs for +1 movement. You can try baiting with high hp units so some enemies are sectioned off, be ok with units being incapacited while you target the objective, and always scout so you can use the right party composition.
Thanks! The legs +1 was a nice tip since I've only upgraded part of the armor, will try the others

Top Bottom