• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vlogger Dies During Live Stream After Eating Poisonous Insects And Geckos

Hudo

It's quite sad that he felt that he needed to do something like this in order to boost his follower count. And its even more sad that people watching that stream seemingly encouraged this. I feel like social media is the worst thing that could have ever been created for people who are already mentally unstable. There should be a mandatory class for people in school explaining why the internet is a shit hole, so people might be better equipped to introspect when confronted with social media pressure like this.

Eating a poisonous centipede is metal as fuck, though.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
There should be a mandatory class for people in school explaining why the internet is a shit hole, so people might be better equipped to introspect when confronted with social media pressure like this.
It exists and it’s called parenting. There’s not much that can be done about bad parents unfortunately.

If every child was taught by their parents to discern idiotic behaviour from rational behaviour, this shit wouldn’t exist.

Hudo

It exists and it’s called parenting. There’s not much that can be done about bad parents unfortunately.

If every child was taught by their parents to discern idiotic behaviour from rational behaviour, this shit wouldn’t exist.
That's why I suggested to let the schools take care of it. But I know that this is a very divisive topic in general, the age-old question of how much responsibility should the parents have vs. how much responsibility should the state have. And there are good arguments for and against both sides.

In any case, I hope that at least some of his followers might think about what happened there (unlikely but I can still hope).

Barnabot

That's why I suggested to let the schools take care of it. But I know that this is a very divisive topic in general, the age-old question of how much responsibility should the parents have vs. how much responsibility should the state have. And there are good arguments for and against both sides.

In any case, I hope that at least some of his followers might think about what happened there (unlikely but I can still hope).
Sorry, Hudo, but that's on the parents responsibilities to teach the kid how to behave, how to act properly and how to not act like a fool. Not the school. This is a 24/7 quest which might take a long time until you realize it's finished.

Top Bottom