• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Voltron: Legendary Defender |OT| Season 3 now up, Season 4 (cough) in Oct

Sou Da

66996_Legendary-Black-Lion_Main.jpg

Here's a preview of the toys with a complete gallery: http://nerdist.com/playmates-voltro...he-universe-exclusive/?gallery=445858#gallery

If they kill Shiro, I won't keep watching. Thankfully it seems far too on the nose with how the trailer presented it.

entremet

If they kill Shiro, I won't keep watching. Thankfully it seems far too on the nose with how the trailer presented it.

Taking this out of spoilers since it's ridiculous and only speculation. We don't know shit. But I'll keep S1 spoilers out of the convos since this is current thread.

But it seems like classic misdirection given the source material.

Taking this out of spoilers since it's ridiculous and only speculation. We don't know shit. But I'll keep S1 spoilers out of the convos since this is current thread.

That's what I think too. Not sure why you're taking issue with my post.

entremet

That's what I think too. Not sure why you're taking issue with my post.

???

I'm not lol.

I'm agreeing with you haha. I was saying that we should end the spoilers, since it's not true spoilers.

Spoiler, in general, are a pain in the ass to read and limit discussion. That was a general aside. You were just the last post.

???

I'm not lol.

I'm agreeing with you haha. I was saying that we should end the spoilers, since it's not true spoilers.

Spoiler, in general, are a pain in the ass to read and limit discussion. That was a general aside.
Ah, I thought you meant my post was ridiculous.

I'm fine with not spoilering speculation. I was just following suit.

Geist-

I hope you're right.
Shiro is too good of a character to just get rid of him.

I would keep watching, but I would be very disappointed.

Rafavert

Hey, Voltron fans.

Just to let you know season 2 is pretty much guaranteed to come out this year (assuming the number of episodes we were informed of is correct. If it is, we only have 1 to go to finish the season).

Small heads up: Season 2 is SO, but SO much better than the first! Especially when it comes to humor. A few of the episodes had me laughing my guts out in the middle of the office. Coran is the best <3

Geist-

Hey, Voltron fans.

Just to let you know season 2 is pretty much guaranteed to come out this year (assuming the number of episodes we were informed of is correct. If it is, we only have 1 to go to finish the season).

Small heads up: Season 2 is SO, but SO much better than the first! Especially when it comes to humor. A few of the episodes had me laughing my guts out in the middle of the office. Coran is the best <3
You're the best part of this thread. Now my hype is through the fucking roof. :-D

Rafavert

You're the best part of this thread. Now my hype is through the fucking roof. :-D

Just happy to be able to do some harmless leaking =p I needed to share the good word for Season 2, since, to be honest, I didn't really care for Season 1 much.

I'll drop by when the final episode has been delivered =)

Sulik2

Hey, Voltron fans.

Any chance they are bringing back the original music? Its the real thing missing from this show.

Hero

At the panel they specifically showed us the second episode of the season so I assume shit goes down with Keith and Shiro.

Hey, Voltron fans.

Whooooo! You're the best! Can't wait for S2 now pls Netflix...

Rafavert

That runs directly contrary to the verified Twitter account: https://mobile.twitter.com/Voltron/status/784475792382234624

Weird. The gap between it going through us and the release usually isn't this wide. For reference, BoJack and Black Mirror were finished by us and released (or are scheduled to be released) within two months or so. Trollhunters is being released in December and we still have one or two episodes to go through. I guess the episode count is wrong, then =p we'll see.

Rafavert

I'm back!

Just letting you know I delivered the last episode we had, but there is indeed at least one more. No idea when we're getting it, though.

I've had this show on my list for a while, and I just watched all of it last night. It really is basically Avatar in Voltron's clothing, and I like that. Oh, and Pidge is my favorite. I liked her even before the reveal, which I started to suspect near the end of the second episode.

Anbec7

I really liked it so far, Allura is badass!
Sometimes the animation looks weird or I blame my internet conectivity lol.

I like the pacing, you could see some mishaps here and there but maybe because it's the first season.

Hope it continues to get better next year!
Does Netflix sell blu ray of these type of series? I would love it to have it in my collection

I know there's Blu-Rays of some Netflix series out there, but they usually take a while to materialize...

Yeah, Daredevil took over two years. Knights of Sidonia S1 took a year. S2 will be a about year and a half.

I could see them dropping a Voltron blu-ray in 2017, but I'm not holding my breath, tbh.

Anbec7

Oh well.. time to play the waiting game.
Now with more calm I really liked som bits, spoiler tag just in case

The revelation of the green paladin Pidge
The trauma of Shiro, I think it was a good way to represent but still I think we will see a little bit more of that
Allura being badass, I hope she gets more moments like in the last episodes
The other paladins interactions,fresh but slowly building trust.

Things I had some issues, the humor... sometimes it felt a little flat but I think it was mainly due to Lance personality and it had to be that way.

Rafavert

Hi again!

Forgot to drop by =p but truth be told, we keep on getting more episodes, so, for us, the series didn't really stop.

Expect at least 2 more seasons (one of which is complete). The story keeps on getting better!

(For the interested, Trollhunters is almost done too. We're due to finish it this week.)

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
For those that care about the toys coming from this, someone got the Legendary Black Lion early. For something that came from Playmates, it looks outstanding.

The combined Voltron will be 16", too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7CdWJa4VOI

Product pages for the whole toy line: http://www.playmatestoys.com/brands/voltron

The lions look great, but the combined mode is pretty bad. I like that they come with tons of weapons and accessories, though. Back in the day I got the Lionbot import set specifically because it came with all the lion mouth swords and stuff that the US version didn't.

Have any of the staff on Voltron commented on the show's ratings at all? All the Voltron threads on GAF seem to come and go with little fanfare, and I've never seen much buzz about it on social media (save for the small, vocal contingent of fans on Tumblr), both of which make me worry that it's not performing particularly well.

Sou Da

Have any of the staff on Voltron commented on the show's ratings at all? All the Voltron threads on GAF seem to come and go with little fanfare, and I've never seen much buzz about it on social media (save for the small, vocal contingent of fans on Tumblr), both of which make me worry that it's not performing particularly well.

One of the animators I follow says it's doing well and she consistently can get around 1k likes.

On Tumblr, Voltron is very popular while it also has a popular podcast for more information as well as the cast and staff being active on Twitter.

Steve Ahn, a director at DreamWorks, is quite active on Tumblr and posts some really sweet fan art.

http://steveahn.tumblr.com

One of the animators I follow says it's doing well and she consistently can get around 1k likes.

On Tumblr, Voltron is very popular while it also has a popular podcast for more information as well as the cast and staff being active on Twitter.

Huh. I suppose shows with vast, extremely active fandoms, like Steven Universe and Avatar, warped my expectations for what a successful show looked like. Glad to hear it's doing well.

Steve Ahn, a director at DreamWorks, is quite active on Tumblr and posts some really sweet fan art.

http://steveahn.tumblr.com

Dude's super fucking talented. The FFXV x Voltron crossover pieces he did recently were great.

Top Bottom