• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wanted - Entertainment Software Industry Anti-Piracy Associate - Washington, DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doth Togo

Hey guys. FYI, we're hiring. If you're interested, send Jason Allen a cover letter and your resume.

Thanks.

- - - - -

The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) is the U.S. trade association dedicated to serving the business and public affairs needs of companies that publish interactive games for video game consoles, handheld devices, personal computers and the Internet. The ESA is searching for an Anti-Piracy Associate, an entry-level position in ESA's anti-piracy program. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree, strong computer skills (including mastery of Microsoft's Office software package), a very deep understanding of Internet piracy and its appearance on various Internet protocols (websites, P2P programs, IRC, etc.) and a very strong knowledge of video games. Computer programming experience and an interest in intellectual property law are pluses.

The Anti-Piracy Associate will be responsible for issuing legal notices and receiving legal correspondence in a proprietary computer database. The Associate will also coordinate with ESA's Anti-Piracy Investigator and other Anti-Piracy staff on its case projects and maintaining databases of case information in Excel, Access and other proprietary databases. The Associate's other duties will include the investigation and identification of pirated material on the Internet and forensic analysis of pirated game products seized in law enforcement investigations. If you are a highly motivated, technology-oriented professional interested in becoming a part of the fastest growing entertainment industry and being at the forefront of technology, law and the Internet, then this job is for you!

Salary for this position shall be commensurate with the successful candidate's level of experience, with competitive benefits also available.

Please contact:

Company: Entertainment Software Association
Email: jason@theESA.com

For more information:

http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob...&cy=US&brd=1,1862,1863&lid=&fn=&q=anti-piracy

xsarien

daedsiluap
Doth Togo said:
Hey guys. FYI, we're hiring. If you're interested, send Jason Allen a cover letter and your resume.

Thanks.

- - - - -

The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) is the U.S. trade association dedicated to serving the business and public affairs needs of companies that publish interactive games for video game consoles, handheld devices, personal computers and the Internet. The ESA is searching for an Anti-Piracy Associate, an entry-level position in ESA's anti-piracy program. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree, strong computer skills (including mastery of Microsoft's Office software package), a very deep understanding of Internet piracy and its appearance on various Internet protocols (websites, P2P programs, IRC, etc.) and a very strong knowledge of video games. Computer programming experience and an interest in intellectual property law are pluses.

The Anti-Piracy Associate will be responsible for issuing legal notices and receiving legal correspondence in a proprietary computer database. The Associate will also coordinate with ESA's Anti-Piracy Investigator and other Anti-Piracy staff on its case projects and maintaining databases of case information in Excel, Access and other proprietary databases. The Associate's other duties will include the investigation and identification of pirated material on the Internet and forensic analysis of pirated game products seized in law enforcement investigations. If you are a highly motivated, technology-oriented professional interested in becoming a part of the fastest growing entertainment industry and being at the forefront of technology, law and the Internet, then this job is for you!

Salary for this position shall be commensurate with the successful candidate's level of experience, with competitive benefits also available.

Please contact:

Company: Entertainment Software Association
Email: jason@theESA.com

For more information:

http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob...&cy=US&brd=1,1862,1863&lid=&fn=&q=anti-piracy

Are you Jason? ;)

xsarien

daedsiluap
Doth Togo said:
What do you mean?

Gaming forum stuff, that's all. ;)

Seriously, as cool as the job is, it'd be tough to take a quick jaunt down to DC for an interview should I apply and get one. I'm running out of excuses for LOCAL interviews. :p

Doth Togo

xsarien said:
Gaming forum stuff, that's all. ;)

Seriously, as cool as the job is, it'd be tough to take a quick jaunt down to DC for an interview should I apply and get one. I'm running out of excuses for LOCAL interviews. :p

Nah. Not awkward. Several of us here at ESA get news from GAF, in addition to other areas.

element

im never going to talk about hacks again on here!!

Goverment is going after us all!! Bush himself is going to drop kick me!!

FoneBone

I'm reluctant to draw this thread off-topic, but how does working on anti-piracy efforts for the ESA provide you with expertise on welfare reform, as I recall you previously implying?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Doth,

I hit up Demon earlier about this, but I'm entering my third year of law school, so I was wondering if it'd be worth it to apply now or later. I am looking for part time work before I begin bar prep also, but only two full days a week - which is understandbly far-fetched.

Doth Togo

FoneBone said:
I'm reluctant to draw this thread off-topic, but how does working on anti-piracy efforts for the ESA provide you with expertise on welfare reform, as I recall you previously implying?

OT.

calder

Doth Togo said:
Several of us here at ESA get news from GAF, in addition to other areas.

Ingenious.

*boss* What's that?

*me* A website where I get news about piracy.

*boss* Excellent. [leaves]

*me* Oh, as IF that chicks rack is half as nice as Lohans! Get off the pipe GAFers!

And here I am minimizing my browser whenever someone steps into my office like a chump.

Doth Togo

calder said:
Ingenious.

*boss* What's that?

*me* Oh, as IF that chicks rack is half as nice as Lohans! Get off the pipe GAFers!

And here I am minimizing my browser whenever someone steps into my office like a chump.

Yes, you have the right idea.

IJoel

calder said:
Ingenious.

*boss* What's that?

Or:

*boss* You got to the GAF already?

*me* Working on it. Currently 'socializing' with the geeks and gaining their trust.

*boss* Don't push them. Keep it up!

:p

calder

IJoel said:
Or:

*boss* You got to the GAF already?

*me* Working on it. Currently 'socializing' with the geeks and gaining their trust.

*boss* Don't push them. Keep it up!

:p

Hahah, now I'm imagining Doth Togo putting in a written requisition for high-res nipple-slip shots of Lohan/Britney/etc to post at GAF in order to get further undercover. ;)

shuri

Banned
Thats pretty much the easiest job in the world. I wonder if it pays a lot. The interviews must be quite something

"So Mr Smith, tell us about your experience about piracy. Why should we hire you?"

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
One incredibly ironic thing to mention is that although isonews got shut down for reporting piracy, people at the ESA used it for tips.

...but we're not about to provide that kind of service. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom