• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Entertainment Software Association Seeks Anti-Piracy Intern - Washington DC Office

Doth Togo

The Entertainment Software Association (the U.S. trade association dedicated to serving the business and public affairs needs of companies that publish interactive games for video game consoles, handheld devices, personal computers and the Internet) is searching for a hard-working, motivated college student interested in learning about the video game industry and working on the intellectual property and piracy issues that ESA handles for its members. The ideal candidate will have excellent computer skills, proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Corel software packages, as well as strong knowledge of the Internet and its various protocols (websites, chat rooms, P2P programs, etc.) and a strong knowledge of video games. Computer programming experience and an interest in intellectual property law are pluses.

This paid position requires a minimum of 20 hours a week - 40 hours a week during the summer; we are very flexible with class schedules. The intern will be responsible for coordinating with ESA Anti-Piracy staff on its case projects and maintaining databases of case information in Excel, Access and other proprietary databases. The intern will also be responsible for assisting in identifying piracy on the Internet and pirated game product.

If you are a highly motivated, technology oriented student interested in becoming a part of the fastest-growing entertainment industry and being at the forefront of technology and the Internet, then this internship is for you! Please fax or e-mail your cover letter and resume to the ESA at (202) 223-2401 or e-mail intern@theesa.com.

Read more about the ESA at www.theesa.com.

- - - - -

I'm posting this here because I know that a few of you might be interested. Give me a shout if you want to talk more. As stated above, you'll need a resume and cover letter.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I'm in DC for the summer, but I already have a job. This sounds like a fun job though, the computer requirements don't seem steep at all.

rastex

Banned
Ya, this seems like a really cool opportunity. Unfortunately most American internships are unpaid, so uncivilized.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
maybe if it involved going to malls and identifying mall kiosks selling illegal products that carry nintendo roms!

Jeffahn

Palpatine.jpg

"Give in...turn to the Dark Side!"

Doth Togo

Jeffahn said:
Palpatine.jpg

"Give in...turn to the Dark Side!"

While I see the humor in your post, instead of making jokes, consider it as a means of making money on your knowledge. Getting paid to d/l warez? You could do worse.

APF

Hopefully the intern can work on the bland, invalid, and not particularly accessible website:

http://www.theesa.com/ said:
T_T

Scoobert

I would do this but I don't live anywhere near DC (Florida res.) and I'm not a college student. :lol I so know where all the "bad" places are. Then again, who doesn't?

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Doth Togo said:
I don't make the rules. If Nintendo wants to go after ROMs, then we go after ROMs.

I hear you though.

I think he was making a joke about Reirom...you know, the "tsc tsc" guy.

Top Bottom