• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warehouse 13 is a kickass show.

Krathoon

I am currently watching Warehouse 13. The stories are silly but it has really good actors.
It is about these secret service agents that fall into a job keeping magical artifacts from the public and wreaking havoc.

They act like the artifacts are scientific anamolies, but they may as well be magic.

I am at the end of the second season. Feel free to talk about this awesome show.

Last edited:

Krathoon

There were probably some other shows by the same studio on the SciFy channel. I will have to check into it.

Krathoon

Man, I really get sick of websites that were made by an algorithm. Just ran into some looking up Warehouse 13.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Eureka was great! Ended kind of meh though.
Let's just take a moment to appreciate the GODLINESS of the Eureka cast. JFC it was nice when they only hired hotties...

PrWaBQj.jpg
m6wyNHq.jpg

Though Warehouse 13 was no slouch. We all made fun of her when she got the "duck lips" injections, then my wife did it as well...the day the laughter died :p

QcGRJup.jpg

Krathoon

Oh yeah. The shows definitley follows the "cast pretty women" rule.

They have a cheescake factor to it.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Yeah. I may buy some the old SyFy shows. Probably go ahead and get Eureka.
Invisible Man was really good. Of course Stargate SG1 was their tent pole franchise FOREVER. I liked the Tremors series as well. Same with the Dresden Files show.

Damn, my standards were low back then. But I so miss being able to just tune into sci-fi channel and get something decent, be it a movie, original series, or just hokey genre reality stuff with heart.

Jinzo Prime

Invisible Man was really good. Of course Stargate SG1 was their tent pole franchise FOREVER. I liked the Tremors series as well. Same with the Dresden Files show.
I can't believe we don't have a new Dresden show yet. Everything is getting adopted, but the series that would work well in TV format doesn't get another chance?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
SyFY had some great shows over the years. their syndicated space shows like LEX and I think they had Andromeda were campy and fun.

Krathoon

Now, I am on that part where Claudia thought the new agent was coming on to her and he reveals he is gay. Silly Claudia.

StueyDuck

I've been on a Binge for the last year or so rewatching all those shows from around late 2000s early 2010s.

Warehouse 13 is the current one and its dope.

I've also rewatched Eureka, Person of Interest, Fringe, The Unit, falling skies (that i remember off the top of my head).

Here's a take that I know upsets the Netflix generation but older TV is infinitely more rewatchable... like sure new stuff is all expensive and flashy but I don't wanna rewatch any of it

Krathoon

I did see a mistake they made with a prop. The painting from the bed and breakfast shows up in Artie's office in one episode eventhough it is supposed to be stuck to a wall.

Someone screwed up and used the painting. I noticed it was removed in later episodes.

You could say it was a replica of the painting for reference or something.

Krathoon

Saul Rubinek has been in a ton of shows as a character actor. He pops up in Star Trek TNG and other stuff all the time.
The other actors kind of dissapeared. I am sure they have been in stuff.

It seems like what happenend is that they don't really get lead roles. That is kind of annoying because they are really good actors.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
The other actors kind of dissapeared. I am sure they have been in stuff.

It seems like what happenend is that they don't really get lead roles. That is kind of annoying because they are really good actors.
I think the move away from Vancouver as the hub of cheap TV put a lot of those actors out of work, or maybe just more into Tim Hortons ads or whatever.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I can't believe we don't have a new Dresden show yet. Everything is getting adopted, but the series that would work well in TV format doesn't get another chance?
I've pondered this quite a bit. Either Butcher was so traumatized by the first show (can't blame him, it made a LOT of changes though in retrospect I still think it worked) he refuses to do it again, or the books are just too....monochromatic, lets say, for a streamer to want to pick up if they can't force the algorithm into it. Given where the series goes so heavily into scottish fae courts and all that, it would be appropriation to not take that into account. I remember the bellyaching at the time that Murphy wasn't a petite blonde, though I did like the actress they cast.

But DAMN, they really could do it justice now with the budgets they throw at shit TV. And the acceptance of Harry's wizard attire, versus the hockey stick stuff from the show, would be greater now I think. AND the sex appeal....JFC everything from the Red Court on would be like the glory days of Skinemax! They MUST get James Marsters as Bob though and have him narrate as much as possible :p

Krathoon

I watched some of the first episode of Eureka.

I don't know. The town is kind of prickish. I did watch the Warehouse 13 crossover video and it does seem to get better later on.

I would kind of expect a town like that to be that way.

StueyDuck

I watched some of the first episode of Eureka.

I don't know. The town is kind of prickish. I did watch the Warehouse 13 crossover video and it does seem to get better later on.

I would kind of expect a town like that to be that way.
Eureka is more of a comedy... it definitely has a different vibe to WH13.

The crossovers are merely just that. I wouldn't go into it any further expecting to resemble WH13 much.

The show does get better the further you go but eureka is very much silly more than serious and only late in the shows life did it start trying to tie long overarching narratives through an entire season

Krathoon

Season 2
I liked how H.G. Wells was indeed totally bonkers. They downplayed that she was nuts until the very end.

I suspect she tried to end the world before and that was why she was bronzed.

Last edited:

raduque

Man, I loved WH13 and Eureka too! They were so FUN. That's something that's sorely lacking in new shows.

Trunx81

Funny to see all the Dresden references, as the actress from WH13 was playing a vampire in the short lived series. (Which I hated. The books are brilliant popcorn fodder)

Also: Claudia over everyone else! Especially that voice, omg!

Top Bottom