• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

frizby

I literally just picked Warframe again a couple days ago and now NeoGAF is imploding. Goddammit.

Is there someone I can get into contact with to get in the GAF (or whatever you may become) Warframe community/clan? Assuming there is one on the PS4 version.

Just post your PSN, and I'll get you an invite.

You can join the PSN community through my PSN profile (frizby).

Edit: Sent.

Cracklox

Finally...gimme some name suggestions and more feedback on the phoenix emblem. Shiki thought it looked like a chicken...they must have some epic chickens wherever he's from! ;)

The new logo looks cluckin nice. I think we should be called The Epic Fighting Chickens.

Nah, jokes. Looks good. As for name, maybe we should wait for any potential relocation?

And I'll be about this forum so long as there's good games stuff to shoot the shit about. If that changes, then I'll need a new home. That said, if we do end up re-locating, I'll be happy to follow along so I'm pretty easy with whatever way you want to go.

And this reminds me I need to do a log in. I think I'm getting a bit long inactive

frizby

Nah, jokes. Looks good. As for name, maybe we should wait for any potential relocation?

Yeah, I was thinking of trying to be clever and cover all bases with something like NeoRes, but I think it has to go one of two ways. We either go all in and call ourselves Reset Era before someone else takes it, or we go completely forum agnostic in name and still stake our claim as "official" in either or both forums. I lean toward the latter.

Names we've come up with so far (spaces and caps subject to change based on availability):

Phoenix Rising
Free Agency
Resurrection
Phoenix Reset
Phoenix Era
Age of the Phoenix (...as in Gaming Age)
Neo Res or Neo Rez
Neo Ash
From Ashes
Reset Era
NeoGAF

I always thought if I started my own clan, it would be called WarFarm and would have a tractor emblem. ;)

Thanks for the note Rafy. If we do join up with the PC clan's discord, I'd like someone else to volunteer to administer it. I like the idea in principle, but I'm a little bit skeptical about the utility of discord for our purposes...even if it makes a ton of sense on PC for party chat and such. We have party chat built in and a PSN Community already.

First, I'm not at all convinced that we'll leave GAF, even if we decide to rebrand, so until we do, I'd prefer to just communicate here. The utility of GAF for the clan is that it provides us with a relatively steady flow of like-minded and mature players and gives people an easy venue to ask for reinvites. If you ever had to maintain the clan, I bet you'd appreciate the value of an open forum (whether it's here or Reset or whatever) for recruiting purposes. I don't see how Discord facilitates that, even if it would be a fine communication system for existing members.

Second, I'm not at all convinced that GAF is going anywhere, and I'm not all that sad to see some of the more reactionary people leave GAF, if that's the case. I think the most likely outcome is that we rebrand...not because GAF doesn't work for us as a practical matter, but rather because the name has lost some appeal. We'll start a thread on ResetEra, if that's a thing, and maybe (or maybe not) migrate over there if GAF fades. And also, maybe a Discord, if that's something a lot of you are interested in.

Finally...gimme some name suggestions and more feedback on the phoenix emblem. Shiki thought it looked like a chicken...they must have some epic chickens wherever he's from! ;)

If you don't mind an outsider's input (me not being in the gaf clan anymore), I think Discord is a good idea for:
1) People who are interested in staying in touch with the community but not necessarily with the site; or
2) People who would like to partake in more real time discussions, but not necessarily be in the clan*.
3) Similar to DestinyGAF, Discord is a good way to plan for events and games for people while they're away from PC/PS4 or at work.

With the way things now, there's no guarantee that everyone will land back at GAF or Resetera for that matter. Most of the major discord servers relating to GAF are also PC focused, so it would be nice if there's a settlement place for the console crowd.

P.S. Nothing against GAF clan, I just created a solo clan of my own on the side since I know I may go afk due to work and figure it'll be too much trouble to ask to join back in/cause someone to get kicked.

frizby

If you don't mind an outsider's input (me not being in the gaf clan anymore), I think Discord is a good idea for:
1) People who are interested in staying in touch with the community but not necessarily with the site; or
2) People who would like to partake in more real time discussions, but not necessarily be in the clan*.
3) Similar to DestinyGAF, Discord is a good way to plan for events and games for people while they're away from PC/PS4 or at work.

With the way things now, there's no guarantee that everyone will land back at GAF or Resetera for that matter. Most of the major discord servers relating to GAF are also PC focused, so it would be nice if there's a settlement place for the console crowd.

P.S. Nothing against GAF clan, I just created a solo clan of my own on the side since I know I may go afk due to work and figure it'll be too much trouble to ask to join back in/cause someone to get kicked.

I'm not against Discord at all. I'm just asking someone else to run it. I have plenty to do already.

It's really not a big deal to pull you back in, and I think you'll find the costs of a solo clan in plat, forma and resources a bit much. But no worries, and good luck. :)

As far as name changes go, I'd rather go with one of the phoenix themed ones. There's no telling where most of us will end up, so it seems like keeping the name forum independent (former or future) seems like a good idea.

For whatever my opinions worth, at least.

Edit: The new emblem is incredible, btw.

IvorB

Phew... crazy few days on this site. Good to know about the PS4 community. If a name change is required maybe something from within Warframe lore might be good... no idea what though.

I'm not against Discord at all. I'm just asking someone else to run it. I have plenty to do already.

It's really not a big deal to pull you back in, and I think you'll find the costs of a solo clan in plat, forma and resources a bit much. But no worries, and good luck. :)

I can maintain the discord even if I go AFK, but someone in the main clan will have to participate to send out invites and make clan news announcements.

As for plat/forma/resource...I was there to contribute when the clan first started up with molnizzle (2014). So I know how much $$$ it takes to get a clan going :p That being said, I'm actually enjoying the grind...(this game is all about the grind.)

The only thing I miss is the row of drums the GAF clan hall use to have.

I ain't paying no forma for drums....

frizby

I can maintain the discord even if I go AFK, but someone in the main clan will have to participate to send out invites and make clan news announcements.

Cool by me. I might even join at some point. Unless someone in the clan wants to do it.

As for plat/forma/resource...I was there to contribute when the clan first started up with molnizzle (2014). So I know how much $$$ it takes to get a clan going :p That being said, I'm actually enjoying the grind...(this game is all about the grind.)

I'd forgotten you were around back then, sorry. Was 2013 though.

The only thing I miss is the row of drums the GAF clan hall use to have.

I ain't paying no forma for drums....

LOL!

jfull7602

Neo Member
My opinions on the recent topics:

1. I like that Phoenix logo, and it looks similar to the clan I ran back in 2013 used to have, so I say good choice! Lol.

2. I've personally never used discord, but have heard good things about it; and if that is what we are going to use for a while (even as a test), let's do it.

3. If donations are needed for any kind of funding, hit me up and I will gladly help out. I'm definitely not going anywhere anytime soon.

4. Everyone else ready for POE? Come on [sometime in] November!

Wowbagger

A forum agnostic name would be the way to go, I think. Don't want to have to change it yet again when the next forum crashes and burns. (Though it looks like NeoGAF will survive, thankfully -- not digging the 4chan-lite alternatives we're supposed to migrate to.)

Names we've come up with so far (spaces and caps subject to change based on availability):

Phoenix Rising

This one's not half-bad, I guess. But, oh so serious, like your average Warframe clan name. Boring, I guess. I would much rather we named ourselves WarFarm.

I always thought if I started my own clan, it would be called WarFarm and would have a tractor emblem. ;)

Do it! Seriously.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
At what point should I be doing sorties? I'm only MR7, and I don't want to slow the team down or cause it to fail.

frizby

At what point should I be doing sorties? I'm only MR7, and I don't want to slow the team down or cause it to fail.

As soon as you have access. Rivens can be an easy reliable source of platinum, and you need it for slots.

As for causing failure, just stay out of spy rooms and bring frames that make sense. You’ll be fine.

commish

As soon as you have access. Rivens can be an easy reliable source of platinum, and you need it for slots.

As for causing failure, just stay out of spy rooms and bring frames that make sense. You’ll be fine.

Great, ty!

Kas

I'm not leaving. Im basically stuck to both Warframe and Gaf.

I'm just 2 Nitian Extracts from a Nekros Prime.

I cane basically taste it

SCB3

My god, trying to open the Phobos Junction is driving me crazy (Need 2 more Celephon Fragments and dont have either Animal Instinct or Theifs Wit installed, so I'm checking every room)

commish

Watch twitch for the free stuff. I got a bunch of Nitian from them.

domstah

Open a few tabs and watch streamers that do the "fresh account / achievement hunting" thing - leave it running overnight and you may get those last few Nitian Extracts.

commish

Doesn't that cost money? I don't really know much about twitch. I always figured it was basically a premium YouTube.

No, it's free. You connect your Warframe account to your Twitch account, and then each time you watch a stream and someone unlocks an achievement, you get an in-game mail with a prize.

Here's the drop list:

QwNb6L6.png

Kas

No, it's free. You connect your Warframe account to your Twitch account, and then each time you watch a stream and someone unlocks an achievement, you get an in-game mail with a prize.

Here's the drop list:
Well how about that.

I'll have to set it up. Thank you.
And since I have Amazon prime, I'm now the pround owner of a Frost Prime a few new Prime weapons.

Not bad at all

Cracklox

OR

Just YOLO those sortie spyrooms
j/k. Don't do this. Unless your with someone like Frizby to bail you out ;)

Sidenote: I'd be real suprised if Warfarm wasn't already taken as a clan name

Kas

Thanks to the mentions of the twitch things, I got the Nitain I needed and I'll have a Nekros prime in 3 days.

It feel's good

commish

Thanks to the mentions of the twitch things, I got the Nitain I needed and I'll have a Nekros prime in 3 days.

It feel's good

Glad you got what you needed! I finally was able to get the gun and skin last night, so I'm tempted to stop with the streams. But I'm just starting out, so the mats and credits are very useful.

hitlerat

Hey,

Never played warframe and would like to try something new (Destiny 2 fatigue)...
Would you guys recommend me warframe? How is the f2p model?
Any tips to start it?
ps.: If this community is dead could you send a discord invite?

Thanks

commish

Hey,

Never played warframe and would like to try something new (Destiny 2 fatigue)...
Any tips to start it?

Thanks

I recently started as well (because Destiny 2 was disappointing), loving this game more than I thought possible. It's so confusing at first but once you "get it", it's really fun. You have to like grinding, though, as grinding out new weapons, frames, mods, etc. is the name of the game.

I used this guide to start:
http://metadragon.de/warframe-beginners-guide/

99% of it won't make sense, though, until you start playing.

F2P model is great - you can earn everything in the game by just playing. It's not pay to win at all, because there's nothing to really win.

frizby

Hey,

Any tips to start it?

Thanks

Few tips for starting out:

1. It's basically a PC game, so most everything is adjustable. Under options, set your FOV at max, which will pull the camera back and make it easier to keep yourself oriented. I also prefer to turn off a few visual effects, especially bloom, and be sure to turn off both aim assist and target tracking for melee (both will just frustrate you). I also put my powers on the d-pad, so I don't have to press two buttons to execute them.

2. Link Warframe to your Twitch Prime account for a free Frost Prime (one of the better frames in the game) and a free Soma Prime (one of the better assault rifles in the game). Both come with slots and reactor/catalyst installed and will get you through a lot of the base solar system.
https://www.warframe.com/freeprime

3. Don't spend your starter or PS Plus Platinum on anything other than Warframe slots. Just do it now before you're tempted to buy something else. Weapon slots would be ok too, I suppose, but the reality is that most of the early game weapons are disposable, and you'll be able to earn platinum later when you have access to stuff you can sell in the market. Warframe has paid for my PS4 a few times over.

4. The movement will get smoother as you get better at it. As you play with others, you'll probably have a hard time keeping up until you master bullet jumping and sliding. So in the early game, when you're with groups, let randoms worry about shooting and killing. Rather, focus on the parkour and learning the rooms you travel through (mostly exits, since they connect randomly).

5. Start with Excalibur. The other starter frames are available in the very early game and have "Prime" versions, which makes them disposable.

The discord invites are going out slowly due to GAF's 10 min/per pm rule.

If you have a discord account, please pm me your name and discord # so I can add you directly:

example: Bob#1234, 1234 = ID

frizby

Thanks for the great tips...

And how about the coop experience? End game content?

Coop in endless modes is great...in linear missions less so, because somebody is always super fast...usually me. ;)

There is no end game really. Raids, Sorties, and endless modes provide high level content and can be quite challenging and rewarding.

frizby

I hate to triple post (not really), but a name just hit me, and I wanted to drop it here...

Rending Shower

I hope I don't have to explain it. It's probably a bit too topical and on the nose, but it was funny (probably only) to me. As an aside, "Mending Shower" is in the lore (part of Vazirin), and Rending Strike is a melee mod.

Top Bottom