• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000 Boltgun releases May 23rd 2023

SJRB

Gold Member
2d3caa59a608b3e889de4351379041d8701f427919191ca5.jpg

I'm very much looking forward to this. The previews from a couple of weeks ago looked really great.

Last edited:
Only £17 too, easy buy for me. Can’t imagine I’ll get too much time to play Zelda on Switch since the wife is up to her neck in Animal Crossing. This’ll keep me going.

X-Wing

Damn, I kinda want to play this? Why does it look so good? Why is the trailer so awesome? WHAT IS HAPPENING?
Am I becoming a boomer?

Guilty_AI

Still playing HROT. Guess i'll just wait for a bigger discount.

Seriously wish i was less busy this year, its so packed with great releases.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Played the first level on PS5 just now, this game is awesome so far.

Presentation: top notch, really feels grimdark like it should
Gameplay: you feel heavy, stomping around crushing heretics left and right. Feels awesome but kinda sluggish so takes time to get used to
Visuals: retro, very cool
Audio: the Boltgun sounds brutal, and the music is cool. your footsteps clanking over dead bodies is great.

And the dedicated taunt button is an awesome touch.

The Emperor guides my sword!

Drizzlehell

Banned
Wait, did I hear it right at the end of that trailer? Is this game's story going to be tied to Space Marine? It does briefly show that power source thingy and mentions Captain Titus at the end.

If so, that would be pretty dope.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy

Impressed by this footage as the movement speed seems a lot faster now. In earlier footage, it felt slow, to the point where i doubted how this was going to be a love letter to Doom.
This feels more right sort to say. Hope Digital Foundry covers this and for all platforms. Would be interested to see how the Xbox One version runs on this.

SJRB

Gold Member
Seems like a bit of a missed step not having multiplayer in this

Also, no Tyranids :(

I'm glad Tyranids are not the main focus considering they're also in the upcoming Space Marine II. Stomping heretics feels nice.

Also, could be DLC at some point? There's plenty more to keep the train rolling: Tyranids, Orcs, Necrons, the list goes on.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Seems like a bit of a missed step not having multiplayer in this

Also, no Tyranids :(
I'm just glad that we have an actual new W40k action game, don't need to look for things to complain about because merely having this is more than enough.

Also, Tyranids will be the focus of Space Marine II.

Havoc2049

I finished the first two levels and I'm having a blast. If you like stuff like Doom, Quake, Unreal, etc., you'll enjoy this game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Today, Focus Entertainment and Auroch Digital are thrilled to announce that their FPS Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun, is out! The bloody and explosive homage to the retro shooters of yore set in Games Workshop’s iconic universe is available. Watch the intense Launch Trailer and start purging the taint of Chaos!

Only in death does duty end!

Pakoe

This flew under my radar until a few creators started posted vids about it and I'm happy that they did. Looks like a game I would enjoy and the reviews all look solid.
Will buy when I get home, I love me some boomer shooters.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Playing it on PS5 and having a blast. Only a few levels in so far.

One thing though is that you CANNOT turn the aim acceleration off, which is stupid as hell. I have it adjusted to be the least annoying.

Apocryphon

Wait, did I hear it right at the end of that trailer? Is this game's story going to be tied to Space Marine? It does briefly show that power source thingy and mentions Captain Titus at the end.

If so, that would be pretty dope.
It’s a quasi-sequel to Space Marine.

Paying on Steam Deck and really enjoying it.

Top Bottom