• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Brothers has acquired Crazy Rich Asians (Exclusively all Asian cast Rom Com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

keuja

The premises sounds completely uninteresting to me.
Would have been more interesting if it happened in the US where there are more varied Asians communities that mix much more than in Singapore. The appeal would have been much broader than focusing on Chinese Singaporean old versus new rich families...

Zero315

Banned
'Crazy Rich Asians' Lands Its Male Lead (Exclusive)

LOL. He already knew who he wanted to cast. He's a British/Malaysian guy (who resides in Singapore), Henry Golding:

403full-henry-golding.jpg

http://www.henrygolding.com/

Well, at least he's hot, which is what I wanted. Not sure about acting skill. His British accent is thick.

Well, fuck... He is hot.

The premises sounds completely uninteresting to me.
Would have been more interesting if it happened in the US where there are more varied Asians communities that mix much more than in Singapore. The appeal would have been much broader than focusing on Chinese Singaporean old versus new rich families...

Why would that have been more interesting? You realize this is based on a book, right? It's like saying the Harry Potter movies should've been set in a preppy American private school instead of a British magic school.

keuja

Well, fuck... He is hot.

Why would that have been more interesting? You realize this is based on a book, right? It's like saying the Harry Potter movies should've been set in a preppy American private school instead of a British magic school.

Nope i had not idea it was based on a book. Doesnt really matter to viewer lambda.
It would have been more interesting because an asian melting pot settings (in America or elsewhere)sounds much more appealing than a Chinese Singaporean settings which sounds pretty boring in my opinion.

Nope i had not idea it was based on a book. Doesnt really matter to viewer lambda.
It would have been more interesting because an asian melting pot settings (in America or elsewhere)sounds much more appealing than a Chinese Singaporean settings which sounds pretty boring in my opinion.

I wouldn't use the word "boring" but I wonder who is the target audience?

Link1110

I wouldn't use the word "boring" but I wonder who is the target audience?
Fans of k dramas most likely. Bit the now u think about it, there not this sounds like a crap version of the last 20 minutes of coming to America. Common American unknowingly falls in love with super rich foreigner, how family doesn't accept her, things happen and they accept her

This movie will be nowhere the quality of that classic

According to The Hollywood Reporter, they added Awkwafina to the cast as Constance Wu's character's college friend. Awkwafina is also one of the members cast in the upcoming Oceans 8 film.

duckroll

The only weak casting here is Pierre Png =p But I can only remember him being in PCK and Chinese dramas where he can't speak mandarin.

Yeah he's not great but he's pretty good looking and he'll definitely stick in with the English-speaking-Asians crowd here. :)

I didn't mention him for a reason haha. Nothing to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom