• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was Metal Gear Survive originally Kojima's idea?

Some heresay/rumors have surfaced reporting that Survive was actually Kojima's idea for a DLC that was turned into a full game after he left the company.

Kojima himself and Kojima Productions have denied these claims (updated in the first article), but it is pretty interesting that some of the Survive concept art has the dates scrubbed (bottom left of image).

rgkmtfd4gdr11.jpg

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Even if it was, he’s not at Konami anymore. I gotta wonder if The Phantom Pain will ever be re-released. I skipped Survive in order to keep my fandom in check. I would imagine there’s such a thing as having multiple projects in the works. I’m sure lots of good game designers assist other people with their work. That whole world of game designers at work goes unnoticed to the general public. That art design is pretty rad.

Survive was bloody atrocious. I loved TPP, got the platinum trophy, and wanted more so I was stoked for Survive even though it took the series in a different direction, it would run on the same sublime FOX engine, which has the best 3rd person controls bar none imo. How could they possibly fuck it up? Not sure but they managed just that spectacularly.

Such a tragedy we will probably never get a decent Metal Gear game again. Konami are muppets.

I would :messenger_heart: some remasters, I think that's all we can realistically hope for. Always been fascinated by Peace Walker but never got the chance to play it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom